Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Total Sport normally let fans voice their views, but when callers have mentioned the club being proven liars, they are pulled pretty quickly. Happened to me once, and also Steve Wraith too through the week. Ashley has TS in his pocket, through fear. Club IS being ran like fucking North Korea.

They'll happily criticise the players but no matter how we've played, any questioning of the manager is generally treated with scorn. Ronaldo used the right word when he described it as condescending.

You have answered your own question there, Wullie. I might try to ring up again through the week to question how far they go as a show. Being the BBC they are supposed to be impartial, but for me it's too weighted in favour of the club. I imagine if I bring this issue up, I may risk a ban from the show.

Guest neesy111

I don't really understand why it matters to the media whether they do or don't have access to the club. I could write the stuff they come out without leaving my bedroom.

It's a little different with the Beeb aint it?

People seriously suggesting he is on the brink of being sacked? :lol: He is far from it imo, he is here for the long haul.

It's crazy :lol: the run we're on and there's hardly a mention of him being under pressure in the media.Even the fans chants today from what I could hear were all anti Ashley and not a bad word said about Pardew.

Why are Radio Newcastle such apologists for this c**t?? I loved John Anderson as a player but as a pundit he is abysmal.

I get the feeling they don't want to put their commentary contract with the club, in danger. They will allow fans to speak out, but Ando will only go 'so far' when it comes to what he's allowed to say.

I think he's just thick personally.

Far from it. I've met Ando a good few times and he's a good bloke who knows his stuff. He'll be briefed on how far he can go with regards to how far he can go.

He knows his stuff from a defender's point of view, but he's old school like Pardew. I've listened to him on and off for years now, and he still thinks we're in the 1980's. He likes good honest players who get stuck in and "get de ball in dere".

not even so much as a 1980's defender but a 1980's defender who's been out of the game since then. it's not even like he really stayed in the game in any capacity (coaching/scouting etc) after retiring from playing.

Anderson boils my p*ss. " Yeah but we're eighth in the league for gods sake, and after the drubbing off Man City in the opening game I bet most people would have bit my hand off for eighth place. "

Yeah John but what you fail to realise is that the way this club is going we will not see eighth place again for a very very f***ing long time. The way he defends Pardew is sickening. The clueless callers they let on don't help mind.

Thing is, if he criticises he's unemployed. His need for employment obviously outweighs his self respect.

Very true. Same goes for Peter Beardsley, who weirdly seems to have received some criticism on here of late.

There's nothing 'weird' about it - I for one have criticised him for following the club line - its hardly as if he's on the bread-line - but I still gave him credit for being a great player, which he was.

That doesn't make him an icon now......

I think there have been a lot of people on here that have wanted Alan Pardew to do well because that means the club would do well. I think the same people have also clung on to the very few glimmers of hope in odd performances that Pardew could change or get things right. Waiting to things to finally gel. How hard could it be after Hughton had us looking legitimately dangerous and feeding strikers crosses?

Well its been 3 1/2 years and we have never looked consistently fluid or dangerous coming forward. Our defence improved considerably and has disintegrated over the past year and a half. We have had possibly the most talented squad certainly in the last decade or more of technical and creative players, young players with upside. Think what SBR could have done with the squad we had starting this season.

Pardew should have gone last year in January. It was a given he should have been sacked at the end of the season. He still remains and continues to drag this club lower. Maybe I could take all this if we played with heart and attacked games. Maybe I could take this if our players looked like they were improving and just need time to grow. Fact is we are going backwards on both points.

He HAS to go.

I agree with all you've said but the likelihood of him going any time soon is remote.

He suits Ashley's purpose and has almost achieved the stated aim of the board/owner which is PL safety...by default and mainly because we borrowed Remy and Cabaye decided to show prospective buying clubs what he could do. He has bought himself and Ashley time and only if a series of disastrous home defeats occur in succession is Ashley going to feel any need to fire him.

I am still not convinced that Ashley will still own the club after the summer because everything that is happening now smacks of preparation for exit strategy and if he does go, Pardew's position is not going to be his problem unless any buyer insists he goes as part of the deal. If he stays, we will still have this con man as manager at the start of next season unless we fall away so badly in the next 3 months that attendances start to drop seriously.

Ashley once again is paying for being a chancer...he gave Pardew an 8 year contract on the advice of Llambias and as with everything else he gets involved with, he hates to admit he was wrong and have to pay the guy out for getting rid of him. A look at Pardew's record in the past would have sent enough red flags to any club owner with half a brain, but we all know Ashley's record for taking chances...his 100m loss during the early days of the GFC was a gamble that failed and look what we could have done with THAT for the team.

No, Pardew looks pretty safe for at least 3 months and probably longer.

Rumours on anther site that pardew has raked up another load of gambling debts and he now longer speaks with Carr as there relationship has totally broke down

Guest neesy111

Rumours on anther site that pardew has raked up another load of gambling debts and he now longer speaks with Carr as there relationship has totally broke down

RUMOURS!

Not sure what the first part of the sentence has got to do with the second. Was Carr passing on fake insider tips?