Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jesus, I should have known better. Mental how seriously people are taking this simple obvious observation.

Dave, obviously the fans have massive benefits as well as downsides. I choose to believe your witty posting style hides the fact you already know this.

Don't take it so personally, Arsenal are challenging for the title. I reckon you're aware of that.

OK, but the fans put Arsenal under less pressure, so that backs up Pardew's point. Anyway, it's kind of irrelevant.

Sorry I brought it up now, just find grown ups going on like this a bit unfortunate. I'm not saying the fans don't have reason to be annoyed either (Mick), but whatever their reasons the result is the same.

Not a big issue either way, please ignore the previous page! :lol:

Again - I'm not going on about these quotes in isolation. It's not overreacting to one quote. It's when it's streams upon streams of - what I perceive to be - bullshit. That's when it gets my goat.

I know, but aren't we grown up enough to spot that some stuff he says is OK and some isn't?

In the same vein, when I say some quotes are fine it doesn't mean I'm defending his entire existence.

OK, but the fans put Arsenal under less pressure, so that backs up Pardew's point. Anyway, it's kind of irrelevant.

Sorry I brought it up now, just find grown ups going on like this a bit unfortunate. I'm not saying the fans don't have reason to be annoyed either (Mick), but whatever their reasons the result is the same.

Not a big issue either way, please ignore the previous page! :lol:

Pardew deserves to get dogs abuse, the only one to get abuse that I know of is Ashley, I wonder if he's sticking up for him again?

I know, but aren't we grown up enough to spot that some stuff he says is OK and some isn't?

In the same vein, when I say some quotes are fine it doesn't mean I'm defending his entire existence.

Keep digging.  :lol:

Pressure :lol:  Pressure is a soldier going off to Afghanistan, it was going down a pit for a 12 hour shift to put bread on the table.  It's not pressure playing in front of 50,000 people who want you to win a game of football.  If it is then they should find another way of earning a living.

:kinnear:

EDIT: was just wondering what you'd missed from the bingo full house of fake guilt, nurses for sure :lol:

Does he ever blame himself for w*** results/performances he's responsible for?

No, shit results and performances never have anything to do with him and I feel sorry for him with everything he has to put up with.

It's just a f***ing weak excuse, man.

Yes - a positive home crowd can really galvanise a team's performance. But at the end of the day - this is not a chicken/egg conundrum: the team comes first. It's the team/manager/performance that should be the first to catalyse a reaction from the crowd; not the other way around. When the club is getting things right, the crowd is great. When the club is getting things badly f***ing wrong, the crowd is anxious and easily get their heckles up.

You only need to look at that 2-0 defeat to Man City in the 5th season. The crowd was great that day even though we were fairly comfortably beaten. Because the club was making a concerted effort to achieve something and making a genuinely decent stab at it. At the moment though? f*** off, they're never gonna get an easy ride. Mind you - that is to say they haven't; I've not been to the game this season so I can't really comment on what the crowd has been like. But if it's been bad, suck it. The club needs to stop behaving like s*** b******s, from top to bottom. The anxiety in the crowd will soon dissipate. Pardew's got no right calling it 'over the top', or whatever. His comments after the Cardiff game were equally as nonsensical.

Amen. Arguments against this point are ridiculous. Pardew blaming the fans or w/e is an insane thing to do when 50,000 +/- fans show up to watch Newcastle United every week despite the absolute piss take that is served on and off the pitch by the manager and the club. He should be grateful and apologetic IMO.

Again - I'm not going on about these quotes in isolation. It's not overreacting to one quote. It's when it's streams upon streams of - what I perceive to be - bullshit. That's when it gets my goat.

Sure. But like I said first thing this morning - even when I agree with the words, they're tarnished by the fact I believe that he's a complete bullshitter.

For Alan Pardew - as a Premier League football manager - to have put up with such a shit Chairman/Owner - either means he's "in on it" or just has no integrity whatsoever. For me it's a little from both columns, so I pick out the shit comments and I don't listen properly to the 'good' comments.

As far as his media involvement goes, he can't win with me and therefore I probably have an agenda. Maybe I do. But they're proven liars anyway so I can live with that label, and can't see my opinions of his comments changing any time soon.

Sure. But like I said first thing this morning - even when I agree with the words, they're tarnished by the fact I believe that he's a complete bullshitter.

For Alan Pardew - as a Premier League football manager - to have put up with such a shit Chairman/Owner - either means he's "in on it" or just has no integrity whatsoever. For me it's a little from both columns, so I pick out the shit comments and I don't listen properly to the 'good' comments.

As far as his media involvement goes, he can't win with me and therefore I probably have an agenda. Maybe I do. But they're proven liars anyway so I can live with that label, and can't see my opinions of his comments changing any time soon.

Fair play, I possibly do a bit of the same by letting the dodgy quotes go.

Eh? Anyone who's been to SJP knows how much pressure our fans can put on the team at times. This isn't exactly a revelation.

Pressure :lol:  Pressure is a soldier going off to Afghanistan, it was going down a pit for a 12 hour shift to put bread on the table.  It's not pressure playing in front of 50,000 people who want you to win a game of football.  If it is then they should find another way of earning a living.

What a load of crap.

Eh? Anyone who's been to SJP knows how much pressure our fans can put on the team at times. This isn't exactly a revelation.

What a load of crap.

It was a load of crap and it was meant to be, it was in reply to a load of crap.

Jesus, I should have known better. Mental how seriously people are taking this simple obvious observation.

Dave, obviously the fans have massive benefits as well as downsides. I choose to believe your witty posting style hides the fact you already know this.

Don't take it so personally, Arsenal are challenging for the title. I reckon you're aware of that.

Banned for having a silly avatar and no pies.

He's STILL fucking going on about it.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/11/alan-pardew-europa-league-andre-villas-boas

"I have sympathy for André," said a man who nearly lost his job at Newcastle after the strain of Europa League commitments precipitated a relegation dalliance last spring. "It's not surprising that the managers of teams in the Europa League from the Premier League and the Championship have all got sacked this season.

"I don't think that playing in the Premier League on the Sunday after the Thursday night in Europe you can get to the required level. I've been saying that ever since Stoke warned me about it when we went in it."

:lol:

He's STILL f***ing going on about it.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/11/alan-pardew-europa-league-andre-villas-boas

"I have sympathy for André," said a man who nearly lost his job at Newcastle after the strain of Europa League commitments precipitated a relegation dalliance last spring. "It's not surprising that the managers of teams in the Europa League from the Premier League and the Championship have all got sacked this season.

"I don't think that playing in the Premier League on the Sunday after the Thursday night in Europe you can get to the required level. I've been saying that ever since Stoke warned me about it when we went in it."

Yes but we don't know what he was asked.

He's STILL f***ing going on about it.

Yes but we don't know what he was asked.

Stoke out of Europe (qualifying via the cup final and not getting relegated btw): 46 points

Stoke in Europe: 45 points

Stoke out of Europe again: 42 points

They'd have been better off warning him about the dangers of not qualifying, maybe he wouldn't be such a whinging little cunt.

Disclaimer: he still would.