Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I would fear that any replacement would get sucked into the whole patsy for the regime/mouthpiece/as bad as them stuff fairly quickly unless we also changed our transfer policy at the same time.

Think the only thing we could hope for is better football.

I'll accept that.

:thup:

I'd accept a more positive attacking mentality even if it meant slightly more sporadic league form tbh. I've never been so bored supporting the club in my life. We could very well finish in the top 8 and it would honestly feel no different than if we'd finished 14th.

I would fear that any replacement would get sucked into the whole patsy for the regime/mouthpiece/as bad as them stuff fairly quickly unless we also changed our transfer policy at the same time.

Think the only thing we could hope for is better football.

I'll accept that.

:thup:

I'd accept a more positive attacking mentality even if it meant slightly more sporadic league form tbh. I've never been so bored supporting the club in my life. We could very well finish in the top 8 and it would honestly feel no different than if we'd finished 14th.

i doubt anyone would complain at this point if we replaced pardew with a young manager full of conviction and a commitment to entertainment regardless of the players he was handed, if anything i reckon it'd get everyone behind him and galvanise people

Trying to think of managers who'd actually make that happen, with a clear predilection for passing footy, who are available and would want to come. So far I've got: Laudrup maybe but probably not. Granted, I've only been trying for 4 or 5 minutes but who else is there?

Bielsa

I'd give anything to have Bielsa as our manager.

Jesus wept! Some good points but some of the Pardew patter is shocking!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2562437/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Losing-Pardew-blow-club-marches-shoelaces-tied-together.html

Losing Pardew would be yet another blow for a club that marches with its shoelaces tied togetherNewcastle United contrive, year on year, to find ever more humiliating ways to fail or implode

Losing Pardew now, or even at the end of the season, would be another mis-step for the club

By Martin Samuel

PUBLISHED: 00:00 GMT, 19 February 2014 | UPDATED: 08:03 GMT, 19 February 2014

23 shares 23

View

comments

Newcastle United have no director of football and no managing director. The owner is rarely in attendance and no permanent signings have arrived in two transfer windows. The last time they scored a goal at home in the Premier League was December 26. It is as if they have given up.

Yet, lose to Aston Villa on Sunday — it would be their sixth straight home defeat in all competitions — and there has been speculation that Alan Pardew, the manager, will be sacked. Newcastle say this is completely untrue. What is undeniable is that the club is sinking into torpor and, in the absence of any visible leadership at boardroom level, the buck is stopping with Pardew.

There are plenty of contenders for worst-run club in the Premier League — and Fulham have set that bar pretty high in recent weeks — but given all their advantages,  Newcastle should be in line for some form of lifetime achievement award in the field.

Magnificently supported, from a region that has consistently produced some of the best footballers in Europe, they contrive, year on year, to find ever more humiliating ways to fail or implode. No small success is ever built on, no decision so smart that it cannot be quickly undermined.

Losing Pardew now, or even at the end of the season, would be another mis-step for a club that marches with its shoelaces tied together.

Pardew took Newcastle as high as fifth this season. ‘People talk about the Champions League and there’s no mention of us,’ he said. ‘I have a wry smile — great, write us off.’

Pardew: I expect life and limb on the pitch Giddy heights: Newcastle went fifth in November after Moussa Sissoko's (front left) winner over West Brom

.There are people within the Football Association who think he has potential to be England manager one day; Jose Mourinho floated the idea before Newcastle’s match with Chelsea this month. Now, if his job is not under imminent threat, it is increasingly becoming a dead end.

Pardew is trying to turn around a vessel that is not so much afloat as adrift. The only evidence of a pulse at his club are terse statements announcing the latest departure or the banning of reporters. Newcastle are bobbing along with the engines off and no captain to take responsibility.

When Joe Kinnear left as director of football, the first thought was that he had been sacked for failing to recruit players.

The latest suggestion is that his employers were upset when he negotiated only £19million from Paris Saint-Germain for Yohan Cabaye. They wanted more. Now we know what the ‘director’ stood for in his title. Directing the best players to the airport.

A steal? Newcastle sold Johan Cabaye (right) to PSG for £19million - but the club's hierarchy wanted more

Pardew is the patsy in the middle. He obviously decided long ago that the best way to keep his job — and he is not long into an eight-year contract — would be to shoulder each fresh indignity without complaint, whether it was the sale of his best player without replacement, or the appointment of an overseer who soon became a professional joke.

Pardew never offers even mild dissent against Mike Ashley’s running of the club, which wins him few friends among the fans. As Ashley hasn’t turned up for a home game since September, it makes the manager the only visible senior club official on match day. No wonder there is tension.

If Villa was to be his last game, unlike some former colleagues Pardew would leave with his reputation enhanced. It is merely his misfortune to be saddled with a club that has lost its purpose. They might sack him one day, but it still won’t mean they care.

Samuel is typical of the metropolitan media who represent everything that is wrong with the English game ; self-opinionated, over-hyped by the rest of the lousy London-based media, knows nothing about us and cares even less - as far as he is concerned, the PL begins in London and ends in Manchester with Liverpool as a sideline.

He is an overpaid, under-talented shyster and sums up just what I said about the national media being happy to see us run into the ground...they have never forgiven KK and SJH for dragging us into the national spotlight and displacing clubs like Arsenal and Spurs in the 90s...they consider NUFC to be a club followed by ignorant and upstart Northerners who should be happy just to be in the PL - occasionally.

He, and the likes of Barclay and Talksh--e can get stuffed. They are tat personified.

"There are people within the Football Association who think he has potential to be England manager one day.."  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, knowing what we do about the FA and seeing the things that go on there(Faria Alam anyone..!??), are you surprised that some of these clowns see Pardew as England manager..??

Remember, these are the descendants of the cretins that preferred Ron Greenwood to Brian Clough as England manager..!!!

Samuel is typical of the metropolitan media who represent everything that is wrong with the English game ; self-opinionated, over-hyped by the rest of the lousy London-based media, knows nothing about us and cares even less - as far as he is concerned, the PL begins in London and ends in Manchester with Liverpool as a sideline.

He is an overpaid, under-talented shyster and sums up just what I said about the national media being happy to see us run into the ground...they have never forgiven KK and SJH for dragging us into the national spotlight and displacing clubs like Arsenal and Spurs in the 90s...they consider NUFC to be a club followed by ignorant and upstart Northerners who should be happy just to be in the PL - occasionally.

He, and the likes of Barclay and Talksh--e can get stuffed. They are tat personified.

Samuel is the same fat pig who tore a strip off us when we sacked Allardyce. Now he's managing Samuel's beloved Hammers. Delicious irony.  :pow:

He's probably talking up Pardew hoping he doesn't get sacked and end up as West Ham's manager. Once bitten twice shy.

Happy Face now denying being one of Pardew's staunchest defenders. Fuck me. :lol:

I've defended him against daft, unfair criticisms.

Like I said though, you won't find any posts where I praise the fucker.

You advocated going into the most recent derby, and the one before that, and the one before that with him at the helm because you said he didn't deserve to be sacked.

Then you moan when Alan Pardew gets pissed on by them again when anybody with a single ounce of footballing sense knows that is what Alan Pardew does.

You'll be back waving his flag next time your stats say you should.

Advocating and flying the flag?  So quote me.

When people have said he's playing hoofball I've pulled them up on the basis we were moving away from hoofball. 

When people have suggested Ben Arfa should be forgiven by Pardew for any lazy, lacklustre, greedy, ineffective, dangerous performance  I've argued against that because it seems to me Pardew has got more end product from that particular player than he's produced for previous managers.

I've always been happy to see Pardew replaced by a better manager if Ashley can reverse the trend he's made with making a mistake in every managerial (and backroom and boardroom) appointment he's made.  I have little faith in him being able to do that though, so as long as Pardew is winning manager of the month and dragging his team to about the peak of the clubs ambition I'm willing to live with him.

Obviously the task of finding a popular replacement becomes easier for Ashley whenever Pardew goes on a downward spiral of defeats that rival the worst runs in the history of the club and we hit proper relegation form.  Like he did last christmas as well.  Sacking someone like Keegan just as everyone is feeling positive brings the whole club down.  Pardew's in no way comparable to Keegan, but there's a similar protocol to follow, whatever the ability of the manager.  You sack him when he's bringing everything crashing down so the new man walks into a club where everyone is happy to see him and he has the best possible chance.  You don't sack him while we're 5th and half the fans are nonplussed that you've brought in the likes of Gerry Francis as if he could do a better job.

Can't agree with you there.  Samuel is a good journalist - he does write some rubbish (show me a journalist who doesn't) and can seek to be controversial for the sake of it, but some of his writing is very good.  Especially on Financial Fair Play for example.

Happy Face now denying being one of Pardew's staunchest defenders. Fuck me. :lol:

I've defended him against daft, unfair criticisms.

Like I said though, you won't find any posts where I praise the fucker.

You advocated going into the most recent derby, and the one before that, and the one before that with him at the helm because you said he didn't deserve to be sacked.

Then you moan when Alan Pardew gets pissed on by them again when anybody with a single ounce of footballing sense knows that is what Alan Pardew does.

You'll be back waving his flag next time your stats say you should.

Advocating and flying the flag?  So quote me.

When people have said he's playing hoofball I've pulled them up on the basis we were moving away from hoofball. 

When people have suggested Ben Arfa should be forgiven by Pardew for any lazy, lacklustre, greedy, ineffective, dangerous performance  I've argued against that because it seems to me Pardew has got more end product from that particular player than he's produced for previous managers.

I've always been happy to see Pardew replaced by a better manager if Ashley can reverse the trend he's made with making a mistake in every managerial (and backroom and boardroom) appointment he's made.  I have little faith in him being able to do that though, so as long as Pardew is winning manager of the month and dragging his team to about the peak of the clubs ambition I'm willing to live with him.

Obviously the task of finding a popular replacement becomes easier for Ashley whenever Pardew goes on a downward spiral of defeats that rival the worst runs in the history of the club and we hit proper relegation form.  Like he did last christmas as well.  Sacking someone like Keegan just as everyone is feeling positive brings the whole club down.  Pardew's in no way comparable to Keegan, but there's a similar protocol to follow, whatever the ability of the manager.  You sack him when he's bringing everything crashing down so the new man walks into a club where everyone is happy to see him and he has the best possible chance.  You don't sack him while we're 5th and half the fans are nonplussed that you've brought in the likes of Gerry Francis as if he could do a better job.

Quote you on what, the endless hours you've spent arguing against people who said he was doing a shit job and wasn't good enough to manage Newcastle?

You seem to make decisions based entirely on statistical analysis of certain runs of form. My stance is and always has been that he's not good enough for Newcastle and that any good run of form will always eventually end very badly on the basis that he's Alan Pardew.

You turn on a sixpence based on how many shots on target we have in a particular match. If the stats are good before the next derby, you'll be all for him being in charge for it, you'll not want him sacked because of current form then you'll be surprised when Poyet has him bleaching his arsehole for him live on Sky.

You seem to make decisions based entirely on statistical analysis of certain runs of form. My stance is and always has been that he's not good enough for Newcastle and that any good run of form will always eventually end very badly on the basis that he's Alan Pardew.

This is kind of hard to argue with without being accused of turning on a sixpence or avoiding the issue or all the other things you pull out though, TBF.

If your position is 'he's Alan Pardew', then nobody stands a chance of discussing it.

It's a fine opinion, but it's not like anyone could feasibly use it as the basis for proper debate. Their opinion might just be different, so we're stuck.

I never thought Pardew was good enough for Newcastle from the day he signed and that's never changed.

You're ignoring the details of my viewpoint to paint broad brush strokes.  Unfortunately it's not a question of him being good enough for Newcastle, but rather whether he's good enough for Ashley. Just keep shouting "stats" as if that weakens my position though.

I never thought Pardew was good enough for Newcastle from the day he signed and that's never changed.

You're ignoring the details of my viewpoint to paint broad brush strokes. Unfortunately it's not a question of him being good enough for Newcastle, but rather whether he's good enough for Ashley. Just keep shouting "stats" as if that weakens my position though.

I'm not saying I can't see the logic in this viewpoint, but it's so disappointing that these are your parameters.

You're ignoring the details of my viewpoint to paint broad brush strokes.  Unfortunately it's not a question of him being good enough for Newcastle, but rather whether he's good enough for Ashley. Just keep shouting "stats" as if that weakens my position though.

Why would I care whether he's good enough for Ashley? He's not good enough for a club of this stature so he'll get called for it.

You're ignoring the details of my viewpoint to paint broad brush strokes. Unfortunately it's not a question of him being good enough for Newcastle, but rather whether he's good enough for Ashley. Just keep shouting "stats" as if that weakens my position though.

I'm not saying I can't see the logic in this viewpoint, but it's so disappointing that these are your parameters.

It's just the situation isn't it? It's not a question about anyone's parameters.

It's not about the statistics anymore. Or results. Or our league position.

Regardless of where we are, or where we're headed, his management style is appalling. He's defensive, negative and tactically all over the place. Some games are lost by the time the teamsheet comes out, others are lost in the first 10 minutes in the way we set up and others are lost when we rest on our laurels and try to cling on for dear life to 'soak up' pressure. He's scared of seeing teams off and treats every other PL team like they're Barcelona.

He also comes across as a cock in the media and will happily lie down and take whatever s*** Mike Ashley feeds him, before telling us that we should all be grateful for where we are and what we have. Add in his treatment of cup competitions and you don't exactly have a winning formula.

It's not about expecting Newcastle to be higher, nor is it about some sort of bias against Pardew. It's about a poor manager who couldn't care less about the fans.

I've no doubt that if there were someone like Chris Hughton in charge, people wouldn't be complaining about where we are because at least you'd have a manager with a bit of integrity, wanting the team to do its best and become one of the best again. Although I didn't give him the credit at the time, Hughton restored a lot of pride in the club and made you proud to be associated with NUFC and want to keep going back every week, even in the Championship. He made the players feel like they were at one of the biggest clubs in England whilst Pardew makes you feel like you should be lucky to lick Emile Heskey's boots every week.

Why would I care whether he's good enough for Ashley? He's not good enough for a club of this stature so he'll get called for it.

Because he's the man who will employ the next manager and he's been delighted with Pardew, he views him as the best appointment he's made, hence the 8 year deal. 

He's going to give the job to someone who he hopes can match Pardew's last 3 years, not surpass them.