Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Still can't work why some people think what Meyler did was acceptable.  MOTD were talking as if there was no provocation at all.  It doesn't excuse what Pardew did but Meyler's conduct was in itself appalling.

What he did wasn't ok, but Pardew instigated by putting himself infront of Meyler, what was he expecting. End of the day his team was up 3-1 and he headshoved a player. He's a manager, he's supposed to manage his squad not act like a spoiled brat.

Just goes to show how much certain people will defend the bloke. He can literally do anything and be in the right.

:lol:

Has anyone said what he did was right?

Probably not but plenty are playing it down and making it look as if we're being picked on for no reason.

Still can't work why some people think what Meyler did was acceptable.  MOTD were talking as if there was no provocation at all.  It doesn't excuse what Pardew did but Meyler's conduct was in itself appalling.

I genuinely don't think he did anything wrong. He was only focused on getting the ball back and pushed past Pardew in order to retrieve it.

What he did wasn't ok, but Pardew instigated by putting himself infront of Meyler, what was he expecting. End of the day his team was up 3-1 and he headshoved a player. He's a manager, he's supposed to manage his squad not act like a spoiled brat.

Well no - Pardew didn't move into the line of the ball.  He just didn't get out of the way.  That doesn't give Meyler the right to push Pardew out of the way.

Well no - Pardew didn't move into the line of the ball.  He just didn't get out of the way.  That doesn't give Meyler the right to push Pardew out of the way.

Meyler shouldn't have or needed to push Pardew.

I am not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me.

I am not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me.

Both, Pardew should have got out of the way and Meyler shouldn't have pushed him.  The technical area isn't to allow managers to get in the way of the game, it's to allow them to give instructions only.

Meyler's always been a complete arsehole but funnily enough there's only one manager who has seen fit to headbutt him. Just our sheer bad luck that it was our whiter than white manager who would never otherwise act like a complete cunt on the touchline.

Just goes to show how much certain people will defend the bloke. He can literally do anything and be in the right.

Who has defended him?

Errr...

No, seen it many times. It was fuck all. Can't believe anyone thinks otherwise.

Fuck me, never hire me as your defence solicitor -

Obviously these players (and our moronic manager) should know better but it still seems so pathetic.

Pardew deserves all he gets because he knows the rules

It was a very stupid thing to do

As I said, what Pardew did was wrong and very stupid in the same way Remy was

We all know a player or manager just can't do that so deserve the consequences

No one is excusing Meyler, he rightly got a yellow card for his push, but he was provoked by Pardew being an ass and blocking the ball when they were 3-1 down. Still that's no excuse for Pardew to go full radge! Headbutt or headpush doesn't matter it was with intent and aggression, why do people not get that? No ones saying he assaulted him or full on tried to wipe him out head first, it was the action and intent behind it.

I wasn't planning on it. You'd gan "He did fuck all wrong!" and I'd get 8 month for assault.

Is that the apology I get for you talking absolutely bollocks? :lol:

Learn to read in future before accusing others of saying something they haven't :)

Probably not but plenty are playing it down and making it look as if we're being picked on for no reason.

Exactly. If it was just a one off heat of the moment thing maybe you could excuse it, but how many times has he been in front of the tv cameras within the last few months offering grovelling apologies for his disgraceful behaviour? The bloke is a liability and even his fans in the media seem to be running out of patience.

Exactly. If it was just a one off heat of the moment thing maybe you could excuse it, but how many times has he been in front of the tv cameras within the last few months offering grovelling apologies for his disgraceful behaviour? The bloke is a liability and even his fans in the media seem to be running out of patience.

It speaks volumes when your only ally is Joey ASBO Barton! :lol:

Bloke is a fucking idiot to do what he did...whatever the fuck it was. I don't want someone managing my club who is going to do that, particularly when it follows abject cup failure, successive derby day degradation and ineffective coaching. Whether it was a headbutt in the Glasgow kiss sense doesn't really matter. It's indefensible. He knows the sensationalist nature of the media and yet seems all too happy to do shite like that; whatever his grovelling afterward. Sick of the fucking circus that surrounds him and his bullshit ego.

I wasn't planning on it. You'd gan "He did fuck all wrong!" and I'd get 8 month for assault.

Learn to read in future before accusing others of saying something they haven't :)

Ner :lol: You said "seen it many times. It was fuck all. Can't believe anyone thinks otherwise." By the very definition of the word that's defending him, regardless of what you've wrote before it.

Ner :lol: You said "seen it many times. It was fuck all. Can't believe anyone thinks otherwise." By the very definition of the word that's defending him, regardless of what you've wrote before it.

Sorry but you are completely wrong. My annoyance (as I mentioned with the Dnipro sending off on Thursday and mentioned on here at the time) is how soft the game is these days.

I have repeatedly said Pardew was in the wrong and deserved what he has got as I quoted, so take your tale, stick it between your legs and walk away :)

Perfectly normal for a manager to try and headbutt an opposition player. See it week in, week out, can't understand why people are even discussing it as an issue. He's been given a formal warning and a £100,000 fine so it's clearly not a big deal at all.

Sorry but you are completely wrong. My annoyance (as I mentioned with the Dnipro sending off on Thursday and mentioned on here at the time) is how soft the game is these days.

I have repeatedly said Pardew was in the wrong and deserved what he has got as I quoted, so take your tale, stick it between your legs and walk away :)

I agree about the game going soft, it's gone far too far when a manager can no longer nut an opposition player and something needs to change quick.

Ah it's also strange to see HappyFace in here defending Pardew headbutting a football player considering he has always hated him.

Funny old world.

I certainly never saw it coming.