Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sorry but you are completely wrong. My annoyance (as I mentioned with the Dnipro sending off on Thursday and mentioned on here at the time) is how soft the game is these days.

I have repeatedly said Pardew was in the wrong and deserved what he has got as I quoted, so take your tale, stick it between your legs and walk away :)

I agree about the game going soft, it's gone far too far when a manager can no longer nut an opposition player and something needs to change quick.

In my day managers were nutting fans, referees and children.

Cannot believe people are trying to play this down so much. He's the manager, not a player.

Guest bimpy474

I feel sorry for him tbh, i mean today in my sons game i nutted the little shit who scored an own goal, little cunt might have only been 8 but still.

Games for puffs now like.

Sorry but you are completely wrong. My annoyance (as I mentioned with the Dnipro sending off on Thursday and mentioned on here at the time) is how soft the game is these days.

I have repeatedly said Pardew was in the wrong and deserved what he has got as I quoted, so take your tale, stick it between your legs and walk away :)

I agree about the game going soft, it's gone far too far when a manager can no longer nut an opposition player and something needs to change quick.

2 things you have missed here.

1. I have said he is in the wrong.

2. I am only questioning the ridiculous reaction to the incident.

A player shouldn't do it, a manager definitely shouldn't do it but some (especially the media) are acting like Pardew has broken Meyler's nose. He did the pathetic "I'm going to headbutt you" gesture which I never understand because they don't actually headbutt the player but get the same punishment they would if they had.

Just to clarify (again), Pardew is in the wrong but common sense would have been the whole thing sorted out with the ref/4th official saying "Come on lads, stop being dickheads!" and it would have been done and dusted without the hysteria.

He did the pathetic "I'm going to headbutt you" gesture which I never understand because they don't actually headbutt the player but get the same punishment they would if they had.

You don't really believe this nonsense do you? :lol:

He did the pathetic "I'm going to headbutt you" gesture which I never understand because they don't actually headbutt the player but get the same punishment they would if they had.

Isn't violent conduct a 3 game ban (which Remy got)?

Either way the point still stands, what is the point in feigning/slighting doing something which you know you will get banned for?

Just to clarify (again), Pardew is in the wrong but common sense would have been the whole thing sorted out with the ref/4th official saying "Come on lads, stop being dickheads!" and it would have been done and dusted without the hysteria.

Really?  I think the FA should throw the book at him, especially being mindful of his previous form.

Isn't violent conduct a 3 game ban (which Remy got)?

I don't know.

But if a player connects a nice headbutt and breaks the other players nose then he's not going to get the same punishment as you get for these little posturing "headbutts".

I'm sort of nitpicking/off-topic - its just a ridiculous thing to say :lol:

Really?  I think the FA should throw the book at him, especially being mindful of his previous form.

I think they should as well, he knows the rules so deserves everything he gets.

The rules should be changed though because anyone with a brain should be able to tell the difference between a genuinely violent act and some pitiful hard man bullshit.

They should spend more time punishing those still diving and play acting.

Cajun you're still defending him by the way.

How?

Seriously how many times do I have to say he is a moron and deserves everything he gets?

It is my own fault tbf, I should never have entered this thread expecting anything but shit unless I was only going to call him a cunt and wish aids on his family.

It is my own fault tbf, I should never have entered this thread expecting anything but s*** unless I was only going to call him a c*** and wish aids on his family.

Come on man this is right out of Ian's book of things he likes to say.

It is my own fault tbf, I should never have entered this thread expecting anything but shit unless I was only going to call him a cunt and wish aids on his family.

You didn't expect to come in here and see people condemning the manager for, like, HEADBUTTING(!) an opposition player?!

It is my own fault tbf, I should never have entered this thread expecting anything but s*** unless I was only going to call him a c*** and wish aids on his family.

Step off you condescending twat.

Couple of facts:

- Incidents like that are always described as headbutts when players do it. 

- The media are always all over any contentious incidents in football and will debate them to death, particularly if they're unusual or in this case unprecedented.

If you can't acknowledge the above and accept it then you want Pardew to be given special treatment compared to anyone else, for some reason.

I acknowledge all of that, would never claim otherwise. Like I said yesterday, my opinion is nothing to do with it being Pardew really. I just strongly dislike the faux-outrage about relatively minor altercations.

The only 'faux' reaction in this thread is quite typically yours.

Cajun you're still defending him by the way.

How?

Seriously how many times do I have to say he is a moron and deserves everything he gets?

It is my own fault tbf, I should never have entered this thread expecting anything but shit if I was only going to call him a cunt and wish aids on his family.

Sorry i couldn't resist :lol:

Personally I've agreed with most of the stuff in the media despite the "sack him" bollocks from neutrals which has ironically annoyed me. If someone expresses the view that we're all going a bit OTT with our criticism of him then I would say that is defending him.

Step off you condescending t***.

Give Ian back his book Cajun.

You didn't expect to come in here and see people condemning the manager for, like, HEADBUTTING(!) an opposition player?!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Have I not condemned the manager? In many posts?

I have updated my personal text and signature just in case anyway.

Alan Pardew is a moron who was in the wrong, but not as wrong as the people I am defending him against think.

I'll pack this in now like, I'm just being a cunt.

Unless Vertonghen is related to wor Alan I Love His Sugar Tits Pardew you may have a point.

Have I not condemned the manager? In many posts?

I have updated my personal text and signature just in case anyway.

Fair do's, I'm just saying I think this is a serious incident for a number of reasons and not something that could/should be palmed off.  The FA's rules aren't at fault in this instance (assuming he gets a lengthy ban), I'd agree that the media reaction is amplified in these cases but that's partly because it's rare.  Pardew's managed to make himself the first manager in the history of the Premier League to nut a player during a game, he'll get hounded for weeks/months and punished, and deservedly so.

New text :lol: :thup:

Anyway can't be arsed any more, made my point enough to make everyone else's eyes bleed. Hopefully I have made it clear that it isn't a defence of Pardew but the lack of common sense in football but yadda yadda ya.