Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No need to drop Willo and he is a better match for either of them.

Has become so consistent since back in the team, never thought I would see the day when I like him in the team but he has improved a lot this season and a good fit along colo or mbiwa

Willo has done a good job but we can't get away from the fact he's awful with the ball at his feet.

We need a centre half who organise and defend as well as Willo but not panic everytime the ball is passed to him

what are the ins and outs of pardew's "no more goals" thing?  seems to have totally passed me by

It was during one of the matches against Man Utd or Arsenal last season when we scored 3 each but lost (not sure which). After we equalized at 3-3 the camera cut to him and he clearly said "no more goals"

Best article I've read to date on the incident  :thup:

It describes Pardew as a decent manager. No wonder you love it.

:lol:

Well at least that also fits  in with the whole overreaction on here that he's shit and the worst manager we've had for many many years. When that's far from the case in truth. He's just average but because people have come to hate him so much, they go way overboard on how bad he actually is. Unlike Hughton, who was generally liked by many on here, he's painted as a good manager when really, he's no better than Pardew.

what are the ins and outs of pardew's "no more goals" thing?  seems to have totally passed me by

As I remember that's what he was shouting on the touchline at 3-3 against Arsenal.  We went on to lose 7-3.

As I remember that's what he was shouting on the touchline at 3-3 against Arsenal.  We went on to lose 7-3.

Was it no more goals for us? I.e. see out for a point then we ship 4 more? That's the most believable for me. :lol:

But it gives you an idea of the demographic that are voting. Everyone on N-O except Brett and Ian (paragons of light) are hysterical fannys who want Alan Pardew physically torn apart and scattered across a pig pen, where as anyone who frequents nufcblog are happy enough to read Ed's illiterate ramblings.

But it gives you an idea of the demographic that are voting. Everyone on N-O except Brett and Ian (paragons of light) are hysterical fannys who want Alan Pardew physically torn apart and scattered across a pig pen, where as anyone who frequents nufcblog are happy enough to read Ed's illiterate ramblings.

I'm sure you agreed with me that an 8 game ban would be about fair :lol:

Suddenly you're now backing those wanting Pardew sacked :laugh:

Brett you really need to start understanding the POVs that you're reading because this is getting irritating as fuck, people shouldn't have to spell everything out to you ffs.

I want Pardew sacked and have wanted him sacked for fucking ages (with varying degrees of ferocity depending on how he's doing), and I think that the club would have been well within their rights to sack him for the headbutt on Meyler, it's about the half dozenth time this season he's went on like a prat on the touchline and this was the worst of the lot, I also think that, as a punishment from the FA (it shouldn't need saying but this is entirely separate from any punishment from Ashley) I think anything over an 8 game stadium ban would be getting a bit daft.

Brett you really need to start understanding the POVs that you're reading because this is getting irritating as f***, people shouldn't have to spell everything out to you ffs.

I want Pardew sacked and have wanted him sacked for f***ing ages, and I think that the club would have been well within their rights to sack him for the headbutt on Meyler, it's about the half dozenth time this season he's went on like a prat on the touchline and this was the worst of the lot, I also think that, as a punishment from the FA (it shouldn't need saying but this is entirely separate from any punishment from Ashley) I think anything over an 8 game stadium ban would be getting a bit daft.

This thread poll had nothing do with wanting him sacked for everything, it was put in the context of entirely on this action alone, not his performance or that he's a cunt. Something probably 90 percent of the near 200 people have failed to understand. Yet here you are backing the fact our poll is better than nufcblogs when ours is filled with biased posters looking for the sack for anything they can find.

I asked you a few months ago, would you sack him right now if you had the chance and you said 'no, not right now' or something like that. When in good form people are willing to let him to continue, when in bad form they are crying for the sack again.

I don't think he should be sacked at the minute, it's not worth it. I do think he should have gone in the summer though, or earlier, and it would take a lot more than a few par finishes to make me believe otherwise. I'm still worried about what will happen if we get a few lengthy lay offs.

He might finish in the top 5 yet, who knows.

Proper hater you, Hans  :spit:

I think the problem for the F.A. is that if they let him off lightly (or what could be seen as lightly by the media) then it doesn't really set an example to players, fans, younguns, etc. It's tricky because that kind of behaviour, being out of control like that, really needs punitive reaction from the authorities. There is so much disrepect throughout the game that letting this go will send out ther wrong message. The flipside for the F.A. is that if they hit him with a long ban they're effectively getting him sacked.

Where have I said this poll is better than nufcblogs? :lol:

I'm saying that nufcblogs poll is just as worthless, the number of voters is irrelevant. This forum is going to be slanted to sacking him as he's not exactly popular on this board, where as the people who read Ed's blog are obviously simple, so you can sort of disregard any poll on there.

And what's wrong with "crying for the sack" when he's doing absolutely terrible, where as having a bit more leeway when he's doing well, especially when we aren't entirely safe in the league? I would prefer to let him continue as long as he can on a good run, unless of course someone like Laudrup is declaring his interest to come here in which case he can fuck off.

If next season he starts with an opening 8 game record of 1-2-5 I'll want him gone for just about anyone, the number of managers that I would willingly accept with gritted teeth just to sort us out would be enormous.

I don't think he should be sacked at the minute, it's not worth it. I do think he should have gone in the summer though, or earlier, and it would take a lot more than a few par finishes to make me believe otherwise. I'm still worried about what will happen if we get a few lengthy lay offs.

Not sure what you're trying to achieve by bringing up a balanced opinion of mine from months back like.

Here's my post after that, I'm still the same now tbh:

I knew he could "turn things around", I thought we'd finish 8th at the start of the season and we might actually surpass that. It'll have been a decent season with our squad if things stay as they are imo, nothing more. That isn't my gripe with Pardew though, we all know what he's capable of and I don't believe his 5th place finish was a fluke, I never have done although I do think it's the height of his managerial ability. Not a 5th place finish, that is entirely dependent on the league, but the way he went about getting there, winning games with grafting wingers and players putting their bodies on the line, there's a "glass ceiling" there for how well your squad is capable of playing.

I've seen with my own eyes the more dramatic problems he has as a manager too, like his inability to have a proper footballing identity stamped on his squad, not just his starting XI, which has shown in the cups and when we're a few men short. He takes far too long to sort it out too. He may have changed and he may continue to change, I hope he has and does, but all I can show an opinion on is what he's done and what he appears to be continuing to do.

In short, happy to have him; wouldn't sack him for just anyone whilst he's doing well; would get rid for someone like Martinez, Laudrup or Pochettino in a heartbeat.

It's not an unreasonable thing to shout tbh, we're away to Arsenal, late in the game and a point would have been a decent result so keep it tight and don't concede again.  Just a little unfortunate what happened next :lol:

Not sure what you're trying to achieve by bringing up a balanced opinion of mine from months back like.

Calm down, Hans :lol: You're one of the ‘Pardew lovers (Although we don’t really love him, just means you don’t want him sacked)’ sometimes, was just showing you that. Rather than comments like 'I've want him sacked for fucking ages', which looks like you're in the group with Mick/Santoon 'who want Alan Pardew physically torn apart and scattered across a pig pen'. You are a balanced poster and you do get swayed which is fine, was just giving you a reminder not to let this headbutt distract you from our superb performance on Saturday and things on the pitch have turned around after our disastrous Jan/Feb.

Pardew made a massive error of judgement and showed his true cuntness on Saturday but if we all sat down with a bit of reason about things, it’s certainly not a sack worthy offence even if we could have played that card if we wanted as an excuse. He’ll get a worthy ban, we’ll accept it then carry on for the remainder of the season and see how things pan out. We’ve been shown in the last couple of weeks that the players haven’t given up on us and are still willing to fight for the highest position possible.

Calm down, Hans :lol: You're one of the ‘Pardew lovers (Although we don’t really love him, just means you don’t want him sacked)’ sometimes, was just showing you that. Rather than comments like 'I've want him sacked for fucking ages', which looks like you're in the group with Mick/Santoon 'who want Alan Pardew physically torn apart and scattered across a pig pen'. You are a balanced poster and you do get swayed which is fine, was just giving you a reminder not to let this headbutt distract you from our superb performance on Saturday and things on the pitch have turned around after our disastrous Jan/Feb.

Pardew made a massive error of judgement and showed his true cuntness on Saturday but if we all sat down with a bit of reason about things, it’s certainly not a sack worthy offence even if we could have played that card if we wanted as an excuse. He’ll get a worthy ban, we’ll accept it then carry on for the remainder of the season and see how things pan out. We’ve been shown in the last couple of weeks that the players haven’t given up on us and are still willing to fight for the highest position possible.

:lol: Don't be so condescending, man. It's football, I reserve the right to change my opinion at any time.