Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:lol:

Jesus, I know everyone hates Pardew but it's quite weird reading people thinking up ingenious ways how our own manager can get banned for as long as possible.

You seem to be under a misunderstanding. Lots of people want him sacked and replaced with someone better. Not everybody though, clearly.

Any chance FIFA could get involved in this and have a hearing and punishment of their own? Since the Premier League is (apparently) the best league in the world. Last thing the governing body of football wants is a manager in the 'best league in the world' headbutting a player. Sets a bad example. Hopefully then they could ban him from football worldwide.

I live in hope.

At least the world wide bad would not affect us, with our clear ambition to avoid it.

Jesus, I know everyone hates Pardew but it's quite weird reading people thinking up ingenious ways how our own manager can get banned for as long as possible.

It's ok Ian, it's mostly just this site where the anti-Pardew feeling is really strong. All the clever people who understand football much better just want Pards to take it up the arse from Sunderland twice a year and give them a wave every now and then.

It's ok Ian, it's mostly just this site where the anti-Pardew feeling is really strong. All the clever people who understand football much better just want Pards to take it up the arse from Sunderland twice a year and give them a wave every now and then.

I was just making a point about how weird the situation is, but thanks for that. Never let an opportunity pass by, you owe it to yourself.

Is he being executed today then?

I'm sure on the radio this morning, it said with him requesting a personal hearing, the date would be set for 'some time next week'.

Hoped it might be sorted today, so at least we'd know what the crack was.

"I have watched from Canada with bemusement the hand-wringing over Alan Pardew's Glasgow handshake. No matter what the hacks at Big Paper claim, Meyler did not 'brush past' Pardew, but pushed him. If this were an ice hockey game, Pardew's response would be considered mandatory. As we raised his name on a banner to the rafters, he would be quickly making a line change [it's a substitution - Fiver Ed] to put a gentleman, defined as the 'enforcer', on the ice to further explain to Mr Meyler that the next time he should find a more polite way to approach the head coach. Ahhhh … finally got that off my chest. Howay the Lads. Hats off to you, Pards" - Allan Barless.

:lol: :thup:

Well football is a strange sport, on the one hand any sort of physical contact or aggression is treated like this, and on the other it's the only sport where players are allowed to eff and jeff at the officials every 5 seconds, i've even seen players touching them, pulling their arms etc. It is a silly game.

The man that gouged someones eye on the touchlines is ofcourse going to defend the man that rubbed his forehead on someone.

:lol: This is essentially what everyone is getting worked up about, A man rubbing his forehead on someone. I like the wording. 

Let's bring violence into football because it happens in other sports, Muppets.

This is not what I'm saying. I mean that a little bit of perspective about what can happen in heated circumstances between sportspeople can be useful.

Ironically football has managed the worst of both worlds... total absence of respect, quite a lot of cheating and a massive overreaction to physical confrontations.

"I have watched from Canada with bemusement the hand-wringing over Alan Pardew's Glasgow handshake. No matter what the hacks at Big Paper claim, Meyler did not 'brush past' Pardew, but pushed him. If this were an ice hockey game, Pardew's response would be considered mandatory. As we raised his name on a banner to the rafters, he would be quickly making a line change [it's a substitution - Fiver Ed] to put a gentleman, defined as the 'enforcer', on the ice to further explain to Mr Meyler that the next time he should find a more polite way to approach the head coach. Ahhhh … finally got that off my chest. Howay the Lads. Hats off to you, Pards" - Allan Barless.

:lol: :thup:

A couple of online papers I have read have photos in order of how the incident unfolded, for those that didn`t see it. Thing is they start the photos with Pardew randomly head rubbing Meyler, no photo of Meyler pushing/winding a 52yr old man.

Meyler has definitely got off lightly, although Pardew's eventual action was obviously worse.

I still don`t see how its worse other than it was retaliation and a manager should know better. Certainly wasn`t more powerful or aggressive.