Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is there anything more uninspiring than Moyes/Pulis to Nufc?

Yeah, i know the idea of Pardew staying is worse.

But fuck me, both cunts i mentioned is two negative dinosaurs and the personification of everything that is wrong with English football.

I know you pretty much want anyone except Pardew, but come on.

:lol:

That statement in relation to Moyes couldn't be more wrong. He has a naturally cautious outlook, that's true. What you've glossed over (or probably haven't even considered) is the fact he developed our football year on year and got us playing consistently good stuff, even if it wasn't always thrilling.

That statement in bold, man. :lol: Absolute corker. To describe him as an infinite improvement on Pardew isn't doing the situation justice.

But fuck me, both cunts i mentioned is two negative dinosaurs and the personification of everything that is wrong with English football.

Absolutely incredible. Judging Moyes on one season makes you no better than the arseholes who bring up Pardew finishing 5th.

Not many people are judging Moyes on one season, he was at Everton a long time. They played pretty dogged football for most of that time, although to be fair, they looked good last season. His failure at Man U though has shown his limitations. Football has moved on, and so have Everton. That's what we need to do as well.

Absolutely incredible. Judging Moyes on one season makes you no better than the arsehole's who bring up Pardew finishing 5th.

Yeah, right. Where did i say i judge him from the one bad season?

His Everton team was not exactly easy on the eye.

A better Pardew, but the same negative outlook on football.

That anyone looks at Moyes and think its the way forward is mental if you ask me.

Absolutely incredible. Judging Moyes on one season makes you no better than the arseholes who bring up Pardew finishing 5th.

Not many people are judging Moyes on one season, he was at Everton a long time.

In which he consistently had them in the top 6 or challenging for it on a budget very similar to ours. End of story.

The days of us being able to bring in a manager of that calibre of long gone.

That statement in relation to Moyes couldn't be more wrong. He has a naturally cautious outlook, that's true. What you've glossed over (or probably haven't even considered) is the fact he developed our football year on year and got us playing consistently good stuff, even if it wasn't always thrilling.

That statement in bold, man. :lol: Absolute corker. To describe him as an infinite improvement on Pardew isn't doing the situation justice.

Its bold but i hate the likes of him. sorry like, but its my opinion.

I do not think Moyes will ever top what he did at Everton, even with a new club with more funds.

PL has moved on, him, Alladyce, Pulis etc are the remains of a different time. IMO  :lol:

Not many people are judging Moyes on one season, he was at Everton a long time.

In which he consistently had them in the top 6 or challenging for it on a budget very similar to ours. End of story.

The days of us being able to bring in a manager of that calibre of long gone.

What calibre? Moyes or Martinez?

Not many people are judging Moyes on one season, he was at Everton a long time. They played pretty dogged football for most of that time, although to be fair, they looked good last season. His failure at Man U though has shown his limitations. Football has moved on, and so have Everton. That's what we need to do as well.

We played pretty dogged football at the start of his tenure because of the incredible amount of shite we had on our books. He took a team which regularly included Big Dunc, Marcus Bent, Carsley, Kilbane, Pistone, Weir and Stubbs (to name just a few) to 4th. Did we play pretty football? Occasionally, not regularly. And it was exactly the right thing to do given we didn't have a pot to piss in and were stuck with generally poor players.

He then recognised that if we were to progress - or even maintain our standards in the face of several teams with infinitely superior spending power - we need to buy better footballers but smartly, with Pienaar and Arteta being the 2 prime examples. This pattern continued as the years went by, albeit we were again limited due to a distinct lack of funds. It's not just last season we started playing better, we've been improving aesthetically for the past 6 or 7 years.

His problem, as was the case throughout his time here, was his mentality. His actual acquisitions improved in terms of footballing quality and we more regularly played better football, but in the crunch moments he was let down by a lack of bottle and having to settle for 1 point when we should have got 3. This is what Martinez has changed.

I think Moyes would be a good appointment for you, if that does transpire. He's obviously a million times better than Pardew and I'm pretty confident he'd get you challenging for the European positions. While I wouldn't expect people to be lining the streets in celebration upon his hypothetical appointment, the question you have to ask yourself is who better would you realistically get in this summer? Your assertion that football has moved on is a bit OTT but I can see what you're getting at; but that's all well and good in an idealist world. I think Moyes would represent a very good move, if he were interested.

:thup: His Manu team have been shit for the most part but the way people are going on they were playing Pulis Stoke / West Ham fato style football. From what I have seen the style they have played this season hasn't been that different to Fergie's, it just didn't get anywhere near the standard we know and expect. Some people appear to be expecting them to be some cavalier you score 4 we score 5 team after an absolutely awful summer of recruitment and a squad of players who are mostly past it/past caring or very average.

So a 'fan' of a team whose last 2 managers have been Hughton and Pardew turns his nose up to David Moyes. Honestly, I hate how rubbish our fanbase has become.

:lol: Incredible really, considering JFK was a huge possibility until he fucked up the Cabaye fee.

:thup: His Manu team have been shit for the most part but the way people are going on they were playing Pulis Stoke / West Ham fato style football. From what I have seen the style they have played this season hasn't been that different to Fergie's, it just didn't get anywhere near the standard we know and expect. Some people appear to be expecting them to be some cavalier you score 4 we score 5 team after an absolutely awful summer of recruitment and a squad of players who are mostly past it/past caring or very average.

It's the mentality. I don't think Ferguson was bothered about beautiful football as such, what he was bothered about was his team being on the front foot and getting at the opponents, regardless of who they were. This is where Moyes falls down.

We played pretty dogged football at the start of his tenure because of the incredible amount of shite we had on our books. He took a team which regularly included Big Dunc, Marcus Bent, Carsley, Kilbane, Pistone, Weir and Stubbs (to name just a few) to 4th. Did we play pretty football? Occasionally, not regularly. And it was exactly the right thing to do given we didn't have a pot to piss in and were stuck with generally poor players.

He then recognised that if we were to progress - or even maintain our standards in the face of several teams with infinitely superior spending power - we need to buy better footballers but smartly, with Pienaar and Arteta being the 2 prime examples. This pattern continued as the years went by, albeit we were again limited due to a distinct lack of funds. It's not just last season we started playing better, we've been improving aesthetically for the past 6 or 7 years.

His problem, as was the case throughout his time here, was his mentality. His actual acquisitions improved in terms of footballing quality and we more regularly played better football, but in the crunch moments he was let down by a lack of bottle and having to settle for 1 point when we should have got 3. This is what Martinez has changed.

I think Moyes would be a good appointment for you, if that does transpire. He's obviously a million times better than Pardew and I'm pretty confident he'd get you challenging for the European positions. While I wouldn't expect people to be lining the streets in celebration upon his hypothetical appointment, the question you have to ask yourself is who better would you realistically get in this summer? Your assertion that football has moved on is a bit OTT but I can see what you're getting at; but that's all well and good in an idealist world. I think Moyes would represent a very good move, if he were interested.

:thup: I honestly cannot remember ever hearing Everton being described as a defensive or boring team during his tenture, only since Martinez took over and Moyes' is failing at Man Utd.

Fair point, I can't really see many on the planet being able to achieve that bar Fergie with those players.

This season, if nothing else, highlights what an incredible manager Fergie was. He consistently got average players playing well above themselves and there's probably no greater quality in a manager than that.

I think that's a very good and loyal defence of Moyes, but I think we don't need to aim to become last season's Everton, we have been fighting on the same turf for the last 10 years. We need to show some balls and go for a Martinez, like Kenwright did to step up to the level we should be at. You have more or less said the same thing from an Everton supporter's POV really. Investing in a quality, modern manager is the best money an owner can spend.

Truth is that Moyes would probably be a success here. He had an excellent record with a tight purse at Everton and the situation isn't too dissimilar up here. I'd be quite happy with that appointment but to be honest, at the minute, I wouldn't be too displeased at Terry Connor as an alternative to  :pardsgrin:

Moyes is easily good enough for us ffs. He'd not go from the biggest job in the fucking world to total shithouse Newcastle though, it's about as pointless as discussing Sherwood. :lol:

Moyes is easily good enough for us ffs. He'd not go from the biggest job in the f***ing world to total shithouse Newcastle though, it's about as pointless as discussing Sherwood. :lol:

Where would he go from Man Utd? We're the best he's going to get unless he maybe fancies Celtic if Lennon comes south.

Moyes is easily good enough for us ffs. He'd not go from the biggest job in the fucking world to total shithouse Newcastle though, it's about as pointless as discussing Sherwood. :lol:

You're probably right, but on the other hand, what better job would be available for him if he gets fired after a shocking spell at Man Utd?