Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

People aren't advocating Sherwood here, just as a straight choice. Don't think there's a single person that actually wants him.

Why are we even discussing Sherwood? How about hiring a proper manager for one of the biggest clubs in the world? We've become the fan version of Reek from Game of Thrones, with Ashley as Lord Roose Bolton.

The bit in bold means nothing to me but the rest I agree on. Even with this unambitious twat at the helm I would still prefer to go for someone who might be marginally better. Reminds me of Downing in the summer because he was better than Jonas.

Have we really sunken this low as a fanbase? Even if it is unrealistic we shouldn't settle for shit like this!

People aren't advocating Sherwood here, just as a straight choice. Don't think there's a single person that actually wants him.

Why are we even discussing Sherwood? How about hiring a proper manager for one of the biggest clubs in the world? We've become the fan version of Reek from Game of Thrones, with Ashley as Lord Roose Bolton.

The bit in bold means nothing to me but the rest I agree on. Even with this unambitious twat at the helm I would still prefer to go for someone who might be marginally better. Reminds me of Downing in the summer because he was better than Jonas.

Have we really sunken this low as a fanbase? Even if it is unrealistic we shouldn't settle for shit like this!

Well yes, that's the point. It should be said that there's nothing other than press speculation linking us with Sherwood, Pulis or any other lower league standard manager, but it's depressing that we aren't shot of Pardew yet and people are considering the merits of Tim Sherwood.

Sherwood didn't deserve the Spurs job, he's made a decent fist of it (at best, really) but half a season could easily be a honeymoon period sort of situation.

Surely we could do a great deal better, get someone more proven in who is not a self-entitled hardman dickhead.  Well I say this stuff, then I remember who the owner is.

Sherwood didn't deserve the Spurs job, he's made a decent fist of it (at best, really) but half a season could easily be a honeymoon period sort of situation.

Surely we could do a great deal better, get someone more proven in who is not a self-entitled hardman dickhead.  Well I say this stuff, then I remember who the owner is.

Silly Interpolic, always forgetting who the manager is.

Silly Interpolic, always forgetting who the manager is.

:lol: What?

I'm not sure - but you've just done the same thing again.

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

We just need a manager right now who is sending the team out to win, to attack, not to defend with the sole aim of not losing. A manager who bigs up the squad, not tells them they can't compete and 8th is their limit.

A manager who knows Gouffran and Cisse are forwards not fucking wingers, someone who knows Anita is a player who ticks the passing over in front of the back four, not a fucking wing back or right back. Someone who knows Sissoko is a box to box midfielder not a extra fucking full back to cover our full International full back who's played right back his whole career and knows the fucking job.

A manager who could with this squad go 4-3-3 with Hatem as one of the front 3 therefore absorbing him of having to do too much defending, and playing to his brilliant attacking quality of which we see none because of how we're set up now. A manager that could if playing 4-3-3, who could then play Marveaux in central midfield with freedom to create and link up play between the midfield and forwards.

Basically a manager who has a fucking clue how to set a team up to play fucking football, with round pegs in round holes.

I couldn't care less if that manager was Sherwood or Pulis or their like right now, Pardew is so bad that's why these discussions are going on. But if they set the team up the right way we might actually see some decent results and performances, that would be infinitely better than what we have now.

And before any argumentative for the sake of it smart arse says it, i'm not advocating a Sherwood or Pulis, we all want better than that.

I'd honestly rather keep Pardew than Sherwood like for no other reason than at the age of 45 Sherwood actually saluted one of his players in the middle of a football match.

Plus if Pardew stays, he'll be sacked before Christmas so it will only be one more season wasted. If we hired Sherwood, he'd probably be here for another 2 seasons before we start the whole process again. Only a genuine manager will do this time. If we get Pulis or Sherwood we might as well start the Pulis/Sherwood Out thread from the first game.

I would be very keen on having laudrup in charge.

Even if he lasted his usual 12-18months the difference he could make could change the club for years. Introduce a totally new style of football which will bring out the best in players we've already got and would attract. Once Ashley sees the difference in prices clubs want to pay for our players there will be no going back to the likes of Pardew, he'd want another attacking tactician in.

Pardew trusts one win from the remaining three games, at Arsenal and Liverpool and home to Cardiff, will secure Ashley's pre-season objective. "It would be damaging if we dropped out of the top 10,"he said. "Cardiff's a big game."

:lol:

He's already written off the Arsenal and Liverpool games! My God!

:lol: He's an asshole, but he's not dumb.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

We can mention all the big names but in reality we'll need a manager who can work under certain constraints, with one hand tied behind his back. RTG have a thread on Pulis coming here  :lol: who would be a small improvement on Pardew . I'd personally take McClaren who somehow managed to turn his career around after the England fiasco and won the Eredivisie title with Twente for the first time in their entire history.

I would be very keen on having laudrup in charge.

Even if he lasted his usual 12-18months the difference he could make could change the club for years. Introduce a totally new style of football which will bring out the best in players we've already got and would attract. Once Ashley sees the difference in prices clubs want to pay for our players there will be no going back to the likes of Pardew, he'd want another attacking tactician in.

Problem with Ashley is his proven duplicity in dealing with managers. If he was upfront with someone like Laudrup and told him the likes of 'you need to work closely with Carr as I trust him, there won't be a lot of money to spend but we'll get you players where we can, you'll be expected to bring on youth players to make up the squad and develop them' I can't see why a decent manager like Laudrup wouldn't go for it tbh.

Guest bimpy474

Last 77 games for #NUFC under Pardew Losses - 39 Wins - 26 Draws - 12,    50.6% Failure rate --- saw this on twitter, not checked if it's 100% accurate but it can't be far off :(

Well yes, that's the point. It should be said that there's nothing other than press speculation linking us with Sherwood, Pulis or any other lower league standard manager, but it's depressing that we aren't shot of Pardew yet and people are considering the merits of Tim Sherwood.

Sorry I meant I would prefer to go with someone who isn't just marginally better.

We can mention all the big names but in reality we'll need a manager who can work under certain constraints, with one hand tied behind his back. RTG have a thread on Pulis coming here  :lol: who would be a small improvement on Pardew . I'd personally take McClaren who somehow managed to turn his career around after the England fiasco and won the Eredivisie title with Twente for the first time in their entire history.

There are well rated managers all over Europe working under such constraints. Even Mclaren has some pedigree no matter what we might think of him. We need to target genuine managers rather than other team's No 2's or whichever pisshead from the 90's is out of work.