Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pardew is nowhere near being sacked. He has achieved what was asked...around top 10 finish.

He even managed to save Ashley some money with his head butting.

Its all good...Everything is going according to plan.

---

coz pardew will never get a job like this and ashley knows how much he want it...every day/week pardew will make an absolute c*nt of himself just to stay in the manager seat. No else will be stupid enough to do that for ashley and his long term strategy, whatever that is?

Pardew is nowhere near being sacked. He has achieved what was asked...around top 10 finish.

---

coz pardew will never get a job like this and ashley knows how much he want it...every day/week pardew will make an absolute c*nt of himself just to stay in the manager seat. No else will be stupid enough to do that for ashley and his long term strategy, whatever that is?

Minimum top 10 finish is what was said.

Good friend and colleague upstairs in the office here, an Aston Villa fan, has just said, in response to my derision of Pardew "But didn't you finish 5th and you sold Cabaye in January"

:anguish:

Tell him that O'Leary was a class manager because he got Leeds into the Champions League and he signed Martin Laursen.

Does my head in that people think they know more about a club than the people that support it. I wouldn't dare.

Tbf, you and I know far more about ManU than the vast majority of their fans.

Good friend and colleague upstairs in the office here, an Aston Villa fan, has just said, in response to my derision of Pardew "But didn't you finish 5th and you sold Cabaye in January"

:anguish:

Tell him that O'Leary was a class manager because he got Leeds into the Champions League and he signed Martin Laursen.

Does my head in that people think they know more about a club than the people that support it. I wouldn't dare.

Damn. Wish I'd thought of the O'Leary analogy. What an excellent response :lol:

Is the cunts pre match presser tomorrow then? Can't wait to hear how difficult this game will be with Arsenal having fourth to play for. For once we'll all agree with him that we should lose :thup:

---

If it'd been that we'd just been inconsistent I'd agree with the first bit. But even Ashley will be aware we're in the shit next season as it stands.

I don't know what to think, the FCB is unpredictable at the best of times. I convince myself that hes going, why would anyone put up with the "football" on display? Even from a purely business/financial point of view he's losing money by dropping down the table, devaluing players, unable to turn youth team players into saleable assets and making us an unattractive brand to consumers and potential investors.

But then I get to thinking we're exactly where he wants us to be, languishing in the doldrums of midtable mediocrity, safe from relegation and safe from the call of additional funds for European adventures. We've done it, survived another year on the last fibres of a shoestring budget, sold the last of our profitable purples and sat on the interest payments for 6 months.

Money HAS to be spent, Ashley must know this, we're no longer able to survive another season without practical investment. Does he trust anti-football loving Pardew with that recruitment drive, give him until January to see if another season of survival is possible? He will more than likely lose some of his purples under market value as it's clear those with a modicum of footballing sense in the dressing room are more than disillusioned with Pardew. Or does he cut his losses and start a new season afresh with a whole new setup and keep players like Krul and HBA who will undoubtably grow in value under a better manager.

Not sure if Giggs. Not sure if true either...

'Alan Pardew will be sacked as Newcastle manager if they fail to finish in the top 10 this season (Daily Telegraph)'

http://i.imgur.com/R4MIqdJ.jpg

It would have to be a weird club where 10th was fine and 11th meant sacked. We are a weird club, but still.

I think it's referring to comments made (IIRC) after last season's Pardew v Ashley head-to-head meet where Pardew kept his job, but that to continue keeping it he had to finish top 10 next season. I may be wrong remembering here, but I think some mention of the sort was done last summer.