Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't see much wrong with what Pardew's said, as usual. If he says he's trying to use one of our best managers as a role model then what is wrong with that?

Absolutely nothing at all, obviously.

He doesn't even compare himself to Bobby at all.

Of course he doesn't.  :lol:

"Bobby Robson brought that to this job and for me that's the beacon for me to make sure I uphold those traditions."

To be fair to Ian, he's right. He doesn't once compare himself. He says it's "a beacon for him". A reminder, or goal to achieve. Comparing himself would be "I'm doing what Bobby did"

See this thread started as it meant to go on. 

To be fair to Ian, he's right. He doesn't once compare himself. He says it's "a beacon for him". A reminder, or goal to achieve. Comparing himself would be "I'm doing what Bobby did"

Aye, he's just randomly name dropped Bobby when talking about himself.  :lol:

:thup:

It's a positive quote IMO. Whatever misgivings people might have about Pardew - the quote itself is overwhelmingly positive.

Can't people just enjoy a positive quote?

Positive or not it's bullshit, still, some fall for it.

Fall for what? Not being infuriated by a quote isn't really the same as falling for it.

Just when I thought I was out........

Fall for what? Not being infuriated by a quote isn't really the same as falling for it.

Just when I thought I was out........

Who is infuriated by his quote?  I find most things he says to be laughable.

Aye, he's just randomly name dropped Bobby when talking about himself.  :lol:

:lol: How is it so hard to understand a sentence?

"Bobby Robson brought that to this job and for me that's the beacon for me to make sure I uphold those traditions."

He is saying he is trying to replicate the dignity and respect Bobby brought to the role. He's not saying he is as dignified and respectful as he was. Not that I think he's very dignified or respectful in the slightest. But not once has he compared himself.

Useless even trying to make some people read properly. I hate the man but I can still understand English.

It's a 'by association' trick. Politicians do it all the time cause the general public as seen here are a bit thick to grasp it... :lol:

It's a very short, nothing, filler interview with the sports section of a newspaper. He's not looking for control of a country, man. It's 30 seconds that will never be spoken about again. Fucks sake. :lol:

It's a 'by association' trick. Politicians do it all the time cause the general public as seen here are a bit thick to grasp it... :lol:

It's a very short, nothing, filler interview with the sports section of a newspaper. He's not looking for control of a country, man. It's 30 seconds that will never be spoken about again. Fucks sake. :lol:

His spin doctor, John Carver, has been pumping him full of these lines. This is just the start of it.

Interesting comments from santon on total sport about how last year we were sitting back far to much, mainly out of confidence and this year it's happened a few times but they're getting better and have more belief to keep going forward.

Interesting. These are the sorts of insights should be talked about more, not Alan's latest meaningless drivel which really shouldn't be taken notice of.

FFS, he's just saying he's trying to uphold the traditions of the club. Obviously people don't agree that he is, mainly because he's in bed with Ashley, but the quote itself is overwhelmingly positive IMO.

Can't people just enjoy a positive quote?

You must be new here.

He is saying he is trying to replicate the dignity and respect Bobby brought to the role. He's not saying he is as dignified and respectful as he was. Not that I think he's very dignified or respectful in the slightest. But not once has he compared himself.

Useless even trying to make some people read properly. I hate the man but I can still understand English.

He's claiming he's upholding traditions Bobby brought to the club, how the hell is that not a comparison? :lol: 

He's claiming he's upholding traditions Bobby brought to the club, how the hell is that not a comparison? :lol:

That's an awful stretch to say it's a comparison. There are different levels of both qualities.

I don't think he's dignified or respectful fwiw. I'm not going to put more meaning to his words than what is meant, though.

No, he's saying that SBR is an example and guiding light of those traditions, a reminder for him that he must strive to uphold the heritage and tradition of the club.

Who gives a fuck anyway?  Seriously?  It's just more football manager rent-a-quotes.  Nothing to froth at the mouth over.  Pardew talks shite 99% of the time like most other managers in the league.

No, he's saying that SBR is an example and guiding light of those traditions, a reminder for him that he must strive to uphold the heritage and tradition of the club.

Who gives a f*** anyway?  Seriously?  It's just more football manager rent-a-quotes.  Nothing to froth at the mouth over.  Pardew talks s**** 99% of the time like most other managers in the league.

:thup:

I thought everyone knew that we don't pay attention to anything Pardew says any more? Thought we had been through this?

All we can do is hope this run continues and get behind Pards and the lads and enjoy the players we have while they're here.

Me - I'm certainly enjoying it, loving it, no doubt, 100%.

And so Pards wants to be more like SBR - so? Is that not a good thing? do people not like SBR?

And people crying cyber tears about Pards wanting to emulate SBR :lol: