Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm not sure what the delay is in binning him, if that is our intention. If Ashley is using Cardiff at home as a way to make a decision on it, it's really fucking worrying. Surely he can't be banking on a home win to give this buffoon another pre season to fuck up?

Guest Roger Kint

Des Kelly getting tore in to Pardew on talksport especially his interview last night

Just heard that, even Micky Gray joining in

He's a dead man walking now - just a question of when. Unfortunately that 'when' might be early on next season.

Mick Lowes was still making excuses for him and the players, this morning. :(

Probably shit scared of getting banned from the ground.

Bought some trainers yesterday. Made a point of not even setting foot in his tatty chav shop even though it would have doubtless saved me money.

Felt righteous. I suggest everyone does the same. That shit shop is all that man cares about.

Doctor: I'm sorry Alan, we've done some tests and I'm afraid that you're HIV positive.

Pardew: I don't understand...

Doctor: Just take some time, it's a lot to take in at once.

Pardew: No, I mean, what do you mean by "positive"

Doctor: Well you've tested positive for HIV.

Pardew: So I don't have it?

Doctor: No, you have it, the results are positive.

Pardew: Well now you're just contradicting yourself.

There's the only time you'll see Pardew and positive in the same sentence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27200000

Alan Pardew wants 'long-term' Newcastle stay despite unrest

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew still believes he has a "long-term" future at the club despite six consecutive defeats and growing unrest among fans.

Magpies supporters vented their anger during a comprehensive 3-0 defeat by Arsenal on Monday.

"I know they're disappointed and angry at the moment that we haven't got a result," said Pardew.

But he added: "I'm looking at the job as a long-term opportunity for myself. That's how you have to focus."

Newcastle started the year only four points off a Champions League position.

During the first half of the season, they had defeated Manchester United at Old Trafford for the first time in the league since 1972, and had also recorded back-to-back wins over Chelsea and Tottenham. By the halfway stage of the season they were eighth and had 33 points from 19 games.

But since the departure of influential midfielder Yohan Cabaye to Paris St-Germain at the end of the January transfer window, the Magpies have picked up only nine points from a possible 39.

On Monday, goals from Laurent Koscielny, Mesut Ozil and Olivier Giroud ensured that Newcastle's miserable run continued. They had failed to score for the fifth time in six matches and have now found the net just 13 times in their last 18 games.

Fans at Emirates Stadium carried banners stating "Pardew out" and chanted "six in a row" in reference to their worst run since 1986-87.

Pardew, who was given an eight-year contract in 2012, said he could understand their feelings.

"I've got the greatest support in the country but not when you have six defeats next to your name," he said.

"It's not comfortable and it's a pressure that's on us all. It's important if you're leading a group to be strong. The media don't leave you alone and you have to show character."

Pardew, who returned to the touchline on Monday following a seven-game ban, has not given up hope of finishing the season on a high and called on the supporters to get behind the team in Saturday's home game against Cardiff.

"The only way we can get out of this run is to show more character on Saturday like we did in the second half against Arsenal," he added.

"I know the fans will make the stadium positive for us because the players need that confidence. We've been in the top 10 all year and we intend to stay there.

"In the first half of the campaign people might say we excelled to a degree but I thought we gave good value for money for this football club.

"But in the second half we haven't and next season we have to make sure we give the fans full value for the investment we have made through the 38 games."

Pardew is already targeting potential transfers for the summer to strengthen his squad.

"We're going to work hard in the summer to make sure we have a team that can make this city proud," he said.

The article also includes a table with NUFC bottom of the form table, a big photo of the "Pardew Out" banner, Pardew's interview from last night and these stats: -

The Magpies have scored only 10 league goals in 2014, the fewest in the division.

They have scored one and conceded 17 in their six losses in a row.

Guest firetotheworks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27200000

Alan Pardew wants 'long-term' Newcastle stay despite unrest

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew still believes he has a "long-term" future at the club despite six consecutive defeats and growing unrest among fans.

Magpies supporters vented their anger during a comprehensive 3-0 defeat by Arsenal on Monday.

"I know they're disappointed and angry at the moment that we haven't got a result," said Pardew.

But he added: "I'm looking at the job as a long-term opportunity for myself. That's how you have to focus."

Newcastle started the year only four points off a Champions League position.

During the first half of the season, they had defeated Manchester United at Old Trafford for the first time in the league since 1972, and had also recorded back-to-back wins over Chelsea and Tottenham. By the halfway stage of the season they were eighth and had 33 points from 19 games.

But since the departure of influential midfielder Yohan Cabaye to Paris St-Germain at the end of the January transfer window, the Magpies have picked up only nine points from a possible 39.

On Monday, goals from Laurent Koscielny, Mesut Ozil and Olivier Giroud ensured that Newcastle's miserable run continued. They had failed to score for the fifth time in six matches and have now found the net just 13 times in their last 18 games.

Fans at Emirates Stadium carried banners stating "Pardew out" and chanted "six in a row" in reference to their worst run since 1986-87.

Pardew, who was given an eight-year contract in 2012, said he could understand their feelings.

"I've got the greatest support in the country but not when you have six defeats next to your name," he said.

"It's not comfortable and it's a pressure that's on us all. It's important if you're leading a group to be strong. The media don't leave you alone and you have to show character."

Pardew, who returned to the touchline on Monday following a seven-game ban, has not given up hope of finishing the season on a high and called on the supporters to get behind the team in Saturday's home game against Cardiff.

"The only way we can get out of this run is to show more character on Saturday [blike we did in the second half against Arsenal[/b]," he added.

"I know the fans will make the stadium positive for us because the players need that confidence. We've been in the top 10 all year and we intend to stay there.

"In the first half of the campaign people might say we excelled to a degree but I thought we gave good value for money for this football club.

"But in the second half we haven't and next season we have to make sure we give the fans full value for the investment we have made through the 38 games."

Pardew is already targeting potential transfers for the summer to strengthen his squad.

"We're going to work hard in the summer to make sure we have a team that can make this city proud," he said.

1. Truth.

2. They've left you alone for at least a year and it's nowhere near as intense as it should be.

3. What!?!?!?!

4. Most of us think that we do for the most part, just not the manager.

There is no reason for Mike Ashley to sack him, the only reason would be a genuine threat of relegation. Anything else you may hear or believe from the club is pretty much horseshit. This is not a club any more, it's an advertising vehicle. If you want change, protest against SD & Ashley.

I know its not Pardew but his pet gimp dan gosling has been speaking about the cardiff game...

It’s unfortunate we couldn’t get the win tonight for the fans who always travel in numbers.

“On Saturday we need all the fans, we need forty, fifty thousand there at St.James’ Park and we need them all supporting us. We need the win and we’ll go all out to try and get that win and send them home happy.

“It’s a massive game, it’s our cup final. It’s probably there’s as well, if they don’t win I think they’re down.

“We know that and they know that, plus they’ll know St.James’ Park is not an easy place to come to.”

I know its not Pardew but his pet gimp dan gosling has been speaking about the cardiff game...

It’s unfortunate we couldn’t get the win tonight for the fans who always travel in numbers.

“On Saturday we need all the fans, we need forty, fifty thousand there at St.James’ Park and we need them all supporting us. We need the win and we’ll go all out to try and get that win and send them home happy.

“It’s a massive game, it’s our cup final. It’s probably there’s as well, if they don’t win I think they’re down.

“We know that and they know that, plus they’ll know St.James’ Park is not an easy place to come to.

It is this year, we've lost 8 league games at home this season already, and been knocked out both cups.

Scored a massive 3 goals in our last 9 home games too.

Guest bimpy474

"St.James’ Park is not an easy place to come to.”

I think you'll find it's piss easy Alan, especially under you.

For a long period in the first half we looked well set, we had good defensive shape, but the first goal changed the course of the game.

“Then the second goal made things comfortable for Arsenal and then we had to show real character second half, to come out here two goals down on the back of five defeats.

“We did that and we came through unscathed in terms of injuries and I think we all know we have a massive game on Saturday.

“We’ve been in the top ten all year and we are going to need to win that game.

“If we’d come in one goal down we could have made them nervous.

“We’re unscathed for Saturday though.”

I hate this we are going to "try" and beat the worst team in the league at home. Fucking hell it should be a straight forward victory, just trying isn't good enough in these instances.

"St.James’ Park is not an easy place to come to.”

I think you'll find it's p*ss easy Alan, especially under you.

Teams have been putting the deck chairs out since christmas and still coming away with 3 pts.  Awful patter again from the club.

“We know that and they know that, plus they’ll know St.James’ Park is not an easy place to come to.”

That last line :lol: it's literally the easiest place to come to in the league.