Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Totalsport, and Anderson in particular, in full on apologist mode tonight.. going mad listening to it on way home.

I sent a text in which was totally ignored, I would have rang in if I was at home.  The presenter even said Pardew was appointed because he got West Ham promoted and to an FA Cup final and because he got Southampton promoted.  :lol:

FB moron: Hatem Ben arfa isn't the way forward. People orgasm over his 1 good trick once in a lifetime. The rest of the time he just doesn't do enough.

I love Hatem. But he's at best a sub

Aye same one track which leads the assist charts for us this season.

FB moron: Hatem Ben arfa isn't the way forward. People orgasm over his 1 good trick once in a lifetime. The rest of the time he just doesn't do enough.

Again, on TS someone called in and said that Pardew cannot handle 'flair players' and couldn't get the best out of Ben Arfa, and that's why there was the fall out. Anderson jumped on the caller straight away, saying Ben Arfa has fallen out with every manager he's worked with, and this was just the same thing again.... "no, I'm not having that" is what he said (about it being Pardews fault). All the while, ignoring that Pardew also has history of failing to work with/get the best out of flair players.

Then the presenter kept asking if callers had enjoyed the first half of the season, and would we swap places with S*nderland? Like the first half of the season excuses the post christmas collapse in some way.

I really shouldn't listen to it on the drive home, I'll end up having a crash or a Totalsport induced road rage fight one night!  :rant:

:lol:

Aye same one track which leads the assist charts for us this season.

To be fair Sissoko has the most assists but the point still stands.

Guest reefatoon

I despair at some of our fans like, I really do.  The complete moronic grasp of football in general is amazing.  Just makes me want to say fuck it all. Pardew and these clowns deserve each other.  There will be mindless pricks there on Saturday shouting for a wave from the fucker, just to try and look defiant and the "superfans" they think they are.  Fucking idiots.

I'll be in me usual seat in the Strawberry corner shouting for his head...genuinely unsure how it'll go down. Last couple of games it's been clear from the conversations around us that most are heartily sick of him but there's been no actual chanting. Really hoping that the crowd turns...

A lot of people are so staunchly and inherently behind the club that they'll protect it 'til the end. They'll always back the club regardless of the issues or personalities involved - the club is always (automatically) right, no-one criticises or has a pop at the club - not on their watch, etc.

They're basically over-protective and will naturally defend what they perceive to be attacks on the club. You can't change their opinion on things, they've become institutionalised they've got their mindset and it won't alter regardless of what they're faced with.

Only hope I have is that Pardew must be destroying (or failing to maximise, at least) the resale value of so many of our players.

It's a stated aim of the board to buy players with the hope of selling them on at a profit later.

How many of our current lot would fetch more than, say, five million?

Debuchy?

Again, on TS someone called in and said that Pardew cannot handle 'flair players' and couldn't get the best out of Ben Arfa, and that's why there was the fall out. Anderson jumped on the caller straight away, saying Ben Arfa has fallen out with every manager he's worked with, and this was just the same thing again.... "no, I'm not having that" is what he said (about it being Pardews fault). All the while, ignoring that Pardew also has history of failing to work with/get the best out of flair players.

Then the presenter kept asking if callers had enjoyed the first half of the season, and would we swap places with S*nderland? Like the first half of the season excuses the post christmas collapse in some way.

I really shouldn't listen to it on the drive home, I'll end up having a crash or a Totalsport induced road rage fight one night!  :rant:

:lol:

The presenter tonight, Martin Emmerson is a mackem sympathizer. Doesn't try very hard to hide it. :thdn:

A lot of people are so staunchly and inherently behind the club that they'll protect it 'til the end. They'll always back the club regardless of the issues or personalities involved - the club is always (automatically) right, no-one criticises or has a pop at the club - not on their watch, etc.

They're basically over-protective and will naturally defend what they perceive to be attacks on the club. You can't change their opinion on things, they've become institutionalised they've got their mindset and it won't alter regardless of what they're faced with.

I suspect that for a lot of people, the club is still the club of KK and SBR and that's why they defend it, which on some level I can understand (and even to a degree sympathize with)

It's hard to go against the club in many ways so I can appreciate that people take that view.