Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You guys were more gracious than I expected  :lol:

I definitely remember an article somewhere back in the day saying Ashley thought he was a tactical genius, and having meetings with Hughton about how the team should be set up. And yes this is wild speculation, but, in the end, discussing anything other than what happens on the pitch is wild speculation, no matter how informed it might be.

:lol:

Still, welcome to the forum!

Guest Alyosha

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Why-Chris-Hughton-was-sacked-by-Newcastle-Forced-to-play-fantasy-football-with-Mike-Ashley-not-deemed-showbiz-enough-expected-to-talk-tactics-with-chairmen-article645857.html

Hughton was expected to hold meetings with Ashley and Llambias just before games, and respect their footballing input. Former boss Kevin Keegan routinely ignored such interference so close to a match but Hughton, in a bid to keep the peace, always made himself ­available.

There is no suggestion he took any notice of the feedback he was given, but Ashley and Llambias regard themselves as ­knowledgeable football fans, whose opinion is valid on even small tactical matters.

This is the article. I guess I might have been exaggerating a little bit.

"Listen Alan. Mike has said we will buy you Gouffran, but you will have to put him on the wing so he can defend instead of that slacker Ben Arfa who we absolutely hate."

- Lee Charnley

Hughton had spent the last three months on the verge of being axed by managing director Derek ­Llambias and Ashley – because they want a manager who is more ­“showbusiness” and can grab the club headlines on the world stage.

I've been looking for that quote for ages.

Guest bimpy474

Hello all. I've followed this forum for a while and decided to register to see the protests section. I've found some of the campaigns started on this forum to be inspiring and a real antidote to the apathy pervading our support.

Anyways, I figured I'd risk getting lynched and provide some balance to this thread with my nominally pro-Pardew views. To my mind a lot of the problems that Pardew is blamed for lie at Ashley's door. I get the sense there aren't any real leaders in our squad and they are a fragile bunch, particularly the french players who have just lost their figurehead. This all goes back to a few seasons ago when Ashley made a concerted effort to get rid of the likes of Harper, Nolan, Barton et al. after they disputed the squad bonuses. Employee power is not the way our owner does business, so we can't have any players who might upset the applecart. You can't blame the manager for a transfer policy he has no say in.

Pardew is frequently accused of making strange tactical decisions, but I'd suggest they are strange because they are directed from above by Ashley and Charnley. Ask yourself, is Cisse being forced into the team in weird positions because the 11-12 manager of the season is tactically illiterate, or is it perhaps because the board is keen to ship him off to Russia, so cynically insists he must start to put him in the shop window.

The only thing I can't get my head around is the way Ben Arfa is being treated, which is just disgraceful. Even still, I just can't bring myself to call for the head of a manager who has to work under Ashley. I wouldn't miss Pardew if he was sacked tomorrow, but I would be perfectly fine with him having another season to turn it round, especially in light of some of the better spells we have had under him.

That could work if Pardew didn't have form for it at other clubs, Tevez on the wing at Wham for example. He's just a rank bang average manager who has no idea how to attack so he sets up to not let goals in (unsuccessfully as we've seen), by using players who work hard, but in roles that don't suit them, Sissoko, Gouff etc.  And on top of it and why we notice it how much of a wanker he is, is the deflection of all blame from himself and the stream of lies.

And absolutely not in the realms of bollockholm would i want the utter cunt to have another day as our manager, god forbid another season.

Welcome by the way...:)

Guest reefatoon

I just can't fathom out how any Newcastle fan can make excuses for our cunt of a manager?  It's so unbelievably baffling. Where have they been the last 2 years?  There is absolutely nothing to defend there now, his managerial abilities are fucking wallop, no matter how much of a twat our owner is.  We can't keep peddling Ashley as the only blame for how shit we are. 

What the fuck is wrong with these people???

Alyosha, if you can explain why on God's green Earth, Pardew would play Shola 90 mins in the year 2014, due to some directive from Mike Ashley, I will allow you your diabolical theory.

Guest bimpy474

I just can't fathom out how any Newcastle fan can make excuses for our cunt of a manager?  It's so unbelievably baffling. Where have they been the last 2 years?  There is absolutely nothing to defend there now, his managerial abilities are fucking wallop, no matter how much of a twat our owner is.  We can't keep peddling Ashley as the only blame for how shit we are. 

What the fuck is wrong with these people???

Stability :lol:

1. You can't blame the manager for a transfer policy he has no say in.

2. Pardew is frequently accused of making strange tactical decisions, but I'd suggest they are strange because they are directed from above by Ashley and Charnley. Ask yourself, is Cisse being forced into the team in weird positions because the 11-12 manager of the season is tactically illiterate, or is it perhaps because the board is keen to ship him off to Russia, so cynically insists he must start to put him in the shop window.

3. Even still, I just can't bring myself to call for the head of a manager who has to work under Ashley.

1. He knew exactly what he signed up for and he's consistently defended that policy.

2. Do you think Ashley instructed Pardew to have his team launch more long balls than any other top-flight team in Europe's 5 best leagues last season? Do you think Ashley wants Shola Ameobi shipped off to Russia as well and that's why he's been played as a winger at times? Do you think Ashley loves left-backs in every position?

3. "Has to"? He could have walked on the numerous of times he's been royally fucked by Ashley. He has no logical reason to be at this level, he was picked out of the fucking League One dumpster and knows this isn't his level.

Guest bimpy474

I was wondering if this is Brett's brother, as of yet still uneducated in the ways of Pardew.

Guest Alyosha

That could work if Pardew didn't have form for it at other clubs, Tevez on the wing at Wham for example. He's just a rank bang average manager who has no idea how to attack so he sets up to not let goals in (unsuccessfully as we've seen), by using players who work hard, but in roles that don't suit them, Sissoko, Gouff etc.  And on top of it and why we notice it how much of a w***** he is, is the deflection of all blame from himself and the stream of lies.

And absolutely not in the realms of bollockholm would i want the utter c*** to have another day as our manager, god forbid another season.

That is a fair point actually. Like I said, I wouldn't miss Pardew if hes gone. I don't think hes anything special, but he has shown, sporadically, some talent in his time at Newcastle. I'd take him other than whichever 90s relic Ashley might have lined up as a replacement.

Yes welcome btw. But don't expect that fan bollocks on Facebook to get a clean pass here.

I'm such a soft shite I can't bring myself to lay into managers or players. Hence the username.  :lol:

Hughton had spent the last three months on the verge of being axed by managing director Derek ­Llambias and Ashley – because they want a manager who is more ­“showbusiness” and can grab the club headlines on the world stage.

I've been looking for that quote for ages.

Hmmm ... maybe that headbutt was one of his showbiz targets.

Guest Alyosha

2. Pardew is frequently accused of making strange tactical decisions, but I'd suggest they are strange because they are directed from above by Ashley and Charnley. Ask yourself, is Cisse being forced into the team in weird positions because the 11-12 manager of the season is tactically illiterate, or is it perhaps because the board is keen to ship him off to Russia, so cynically insists he must start to put him in the shop window.

3. Even still, I just can't bring myself to call for the head of a manager who has to work under Ashley.

1. He knew exactly what he signed up for and he's consistently defended that policy.

2. Do you think Ashley instructed Pardew to have his team launch more long balls than any other top-flight team in Europe's 5 best leagues last season? Do you think Ashley wants Shola Ameobi shipped off to Russia as well and that's why he's been played as a winger at times? Do you think Ashley loves left-backs in every position?

3. "Has to"? He could have walked on the numerous of times he's been royally f***ed by Ashley. He has no logical reason to be at this level, he was picked out of the f***ing League One dumpster and knows this isn't his level.

Shola is starting games because we've consistently failed to sign a centre forward for the last three transfer windows.

I'm not saying Ashley picks the team outright, I'm just saying I think boardroom influence should be factored in when judging Pardew, because our board probably cares more about getting an extra million poind for Cisse than having a team that is performing well.

If your opinion is he still shit in spite of that, then thats fair enough.

Guest bimpy474

That could work if Pardew didn't have form for it at other clubs, Tevez on the wing at Wham for example. He's just a rank bang average manager who has no idea how to attack so he sets up to not let goals in (unsuccessfully as we've seen), by using players who work hard, but in roles that don't suit them, Sissoko, Gouff etc.  And on top of it and why we notice it how much of a w***** he is, is the deflection of all blame from himself and the stream of lies.

And absolutely not in the realms of bollockholm would i want the utter c*** to have another day as our manager, god forbid another season.

That is a fair point actually. Like I said, I wouldn't miss Pardew if hes gone. I don't think hes anything special, but he has shown, sporadically, some talent in his time at Newcastle. I'd take him other than whichever 90s relic Ashley might have lined up as a replacement.

Yes welcome btw. But don't expect that fan bollocks on Facebook to get a clean pass here.

I'm such a soft shite I can't bring myself to lay into managers or players. Hence the username.  :lol:

I dont think he's shown any talent, he had Ba getting goals, then Cisse, Cabaye to tick it over. Now he hasn't got them so he's fucked. The sign of a good manager is one who gets the best out of all his players, not just ones he sees as special who give him one bit of magic.

At no stage under him have we been consistent, or had any real pattern of play. Our set pieces are embarrassing and right there is your first alarm bell. No decent manager who still be hoying free kicks in from 60 yards when they haven't worked once, or still have the same corner to Willo without success. It's just poor coaching.

3. "Has to"? He could have walked on the numerous of times he's been royally f***ed by Ashley. He has no logical reason to be at this level, he was picked out of the f***ing League One dumpster and knows this isn't his level.

Shola is starting games because we've consistently failed to sign a centre forward for the last three transfer windows.

I'm not saying Ashley picks the team outright, I'm just saying I think boardroom influence should be factored in when judging Pardew, because our board probably cares more about getting an extra million poind for Cisse than having a team that is performing well.

If your opinion is he still s*** in spite of that, then thats fair enough.

Welcome btw :lol:

Our boardroom seemingly intervened to prohibit Pardew from playing James Perch in centre-mid more and are now reluctant to give Ameobi an extension in spite of Pardew's wishes to the contrary. I think they're limiting his damage rather than anything else when it comes to team selections. Ameobi up front is one thing (still inexplicable), playing him on the wing disqualifies Pardew as a thinking life-form.

I was wondering if this is Brett's brother, as of yet still uneducated in the ways of Pardew.

Dear god bimpy they're fuckin everywhere.

Appeasers, aplologists and all utterly culpable in our plight..........

We honestly deserve Ashley and his minnions when you read some of the subservient crap spouted by our 'soopa fans'.

It's not disloyal to rebel against a corrupt state of affairs, it's the act of loyalty not betrayal to rally against the unjust and tyranous.

Pardew is Ashley. Charnely is Ashley, just as Llambias was, as Wise was..

He is the same. He is a disease. An utter corrupt, disease of a human.

he is not our 'manager'.

He is the regimes fuck toy, and willingly so.

Guest firetotheworks

People that defend Pardew always reckon their views provide balance. That would be the case if they carried any weight.

If your opinion is he still s*** in spite of that, then thats fair enough.

Oh boy ... no way man, no way.

Guest bimpy474

Dear god bimpy they're fuckin everywhere.

Appeasers, aplologists and all utterly culpable in our plight..........

We honestly deserve Ashley and his minnions when you read some of the subservient crap spouted by our 'soopa fans'.

It's not disloyal to rebel against a corrupt state of affairs, it's the act of loyalty not betrayal to rally against the unjust and tyranous.

Pardew is Ashley. Charnely is Ashley, just as Llambias was, as Wise was..

He is the same. He is a disease. An utter corrupt, disease of a human.

he is not our 'manager'.

He is the regimes fuck toy, and willingly so.

Well aye GB. Personally i just don't see why people can't understand that just because Ashley is horrible, it's doesn't mean Pardew has to play hoofball, or play Shola, or leave out Marv, Hatem, MYM.

Truly baffled by the argument that we're crap at fooball because of Ashley and not Pardew.

Goodness me. Welcome, Alyosha. But I don't think any of us are willing to go over all these same points again, everything you're bringing up has been discussed to death for the last 2+ years. Even when we finished "fivf" people were complaining about the talentless hack. A manager of the year award doesn't prove shite.

And if your username is some sort of allusion to The Brothers Karamazov, I would argue Alyosha would have staunchly been against Pardew.

Guest firetotheworks

There are no conditions under which starting Shola Ameobi at all, let alone ahead of Ben Arfa, Sylvain Marveaux or pretty much anyone else is even remotely, microscopically acceptable.