Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest zicomartin

"all eligible admin staff employed...."  how many is that exactly?  one man and his dog in a garden shed?

None, below management level or playing/coaching staff, Id imagine.

Although that lying turd is making out its all and sundry, including the tea lady and laundry staff at the training ground.

Haven't seen the actual quote but to suggest that stumbling over the finish line in the manner we have in order to secure personal financial gain shows that they 'care' is pretty fucking disgraceful.

Haven't seen the actual quote but to suggest that stumbling over the finish line in the manner we have in order to secure personal financial gain shows that they 'care' is pretty fucking disgraceful.

It is, but then I suppose it tells you everything about what Ashley think is important that the bonus for finishing 10th was there in the first place.

Assuming he hasn't been paraphrased beyond comprehension it is disgraceful. But judging by some of the other crap that's poured out of Pardew's mouth it is easy to believe.

we just about beat the bottom team in the league with some desperate goal line defending and 2 goals on the counter right at the end when they were piling forward - yup, see how committed we are.

anything other than a victory by at least 2 goals against cardiff should have meant pardew paying the staff bonuses out of his own wages.  :rant:

we just about beat the bottom team in the league with some desperate goal line defending and 2 goals on the counter right at the end when they were piling forward - yup, see how committed we are.

anything other than a victory by at least 2 goals against cardiff should have meant pardew paying the staff bonuses out of his own wages. gambling debts :rant:

I think the idea is the players really, really tried so, I dunno, the tea-lady gets her bonus. If she even gets a bonus. Which she probably doesn't.

I think the idea is the players really, really tried so, I dunno, the tea-lady gets her bonus. If she even gets a bonus. Which she probably doesn't.

She's a contractor tbf, fucking raking it in.

Guest Alyosha

Hello all. I've followed this forum for a while and decided to register to see the protests section. I've found some of the campaigns started on this forum to be inspiring and a real antidote to the apathy pervading our support.

Anyways, I figured I'd risk getting lynched and provide some balance to this thread with my nominally pro-Pardew views. To my mind a lot of the problems that Pardew is blamed for lie at Ashley's door. I get the sense there aren't any real leaders in our squad and they are a fragile bunch, particularly the french players who have just lost their figurehead. This all goes back to a few seasons ago when Ashley made a concerted effort to get rid of the likes of Harper, Nolan, Barton et al. after they disputed the squad bonuses. Employee power is not the way our owner does business, so we can't have any players who might upset the applecart. You can't blame the manager for a transfer policy he has no say in.

Pardew is frequently accused of making strange tactical decisions, but I'd suggest they are strange because they are directed from above by Ashley and Charnley. Ask yourself, is Cisse being forced into the team in weird positions because the 11-12 manager of the season is tactically illiterate, or is it perhaps because the board is keen to ship him off to Russia, so cynically insists he must start to put him in the shop window.

The only thing I can't get my head around is the way Ben Arfa is being treated, which is just disgraceful. Even still, I just can't bring myself to call for the head of a manager who has to work under Ashley. I wouldn't miss Pardew if he was sacked tomorrow, but I would be perfectly fine with him having another season to turn it round, especially in light of some of the better spells we have had under him.

Hello all. I've followed this forum for a while and decided to register to see the protests section. I've found some of the campaigns started on this forum to be inspiring and a real antidote to the apathy pervading our support.

Anyways, I figured I'd risk getting lynched and provide some balance to this thread with my nominally pro-Pardew views. To my mind a lot of the problems that Pardew is blamed for lie at Ashley's door. I get the sense there aren't any real leaders in our squad and they are a fragile bunch, particularly the french players who have just lost their figurehead. This all goes back to a few seasons ago when Ashley made a concerted effort to get rid of the likes of Harper, Nolan, Barton et al. after they disputed the squad bonuses. Employee power is not the way our owner does business, so we can't have any players who might upset the applecart. You can't blame the manager for a transfer policy he has no say in.

Pardew is frequently accused of making strange tactical decisions, but I'd suggest they are strange because they are directed from above by Ashley and Charnley. Ask yourself, is Cisse being forced into the team in weird positions because the 11-12 manager of the season is tactically illiterate, or is it perhaps because the board is keen to ship him off to Russia, so cynically insists he must start to put him in the shop window.

The only thing I can't get my head around is the way Ben Arfa is being treated, which is just disgraceful. Even still, I just can't bring myself to call for the head of a manager who has to work under Ashley. I wouldn't miss Pardew if he was sacked tomorrow, but I would be perfectly fine with him having another season to turn it round, especially in light of some of the better spells we have had under him.

Sigh

:lol: You put your point across in a nice way but much of what you say is simply outrageous speculation and on the whole it appears to be an exercise in scrambling to blame anyone but Alan Pardew.  God knows why.  That thing about tactics being dictated to Pardew from above is beyond mental.  Seriously, what is this man expected to be held responsible for, at this stage?  I've heard him excused of responsibility on every managerial task going over the years.

But yeah, welcome to the forum I suppose. :lol:

Guest reefatoon

I have popped the part in bold which I find the most ludicrous.  What a loon.

If Pardew was getting guidance from above on Cisse, explain why HBA wouldn't be playing too?

There is no chance that any form of teamsheet requests are being made. Absolutely none. Pardew is a part of the regime, not an innocent bystander. He knew what his job was from day one. He's working within the constraints he was given, and he's just shit at it. He is hamstrung by Ashley, but by no means is he hamstrung to the extent of 6 defeats on the trot and a season of diabolical football. An array of players have got significantly worse under his tutelage. He is an absolute fraud and needs to get the fuck out of our football club.

Cisse's problems started when he got moved out to the wing for the 2012-13 season after his excellent spell in the middle. Any problems he has now has almost certainly stemmed from Pardew doing that to keep Ba happy.

I agree with the player power bit though. Any player with a hint of a personality isn't "worth the bother".

Guest Alyosha

You guys were more gracious than I expected  :lol:

I definitely remember an article somewhere back in the day saying Ashley thought he was a tactical genius, and having meetings with Hughton about how the team should be set up. And yes this is wild speculation, but, in the end, discussing anything other than what happens on the pitch is wild speculation, no matter how informed it might be.

Charnley and Ashley have done a masterful job of making Pardew look like a clueless prick then.

"No Alan I insist you pick Shola ahead of Marveaux and come beg me for an extension to his contract which I will refuse" That's what Ashley might say according to your scenario.

You guys were more gracious than I expected  :lol:

I definitely remember an article somewhere back in the day saying Ashley thought he was a tactical genius, and having meetings with Hughton about how the team should be set up. And yes this is wild speculation, but, in the end, discussing anything other than what happens on the pitch is wild speculation, no matter how informed it might be.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Why-Chris-Hughton-was-sacked-by-Newcastle-Forced-to-play-fantasy-football-with-Mike-Ashley-not-deemed-showbiz-enough-expected-to-talk-tactics-with-chairmen-article645857.html

Yep.

Aside from all "the kings " s**** so called tactics!

Do you think he should  have got fired for head butting a player during a match and If not do you honestly think any player  in the squad will respect him after that?