Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

He's a fucking blanket bomb in a glass house like. You don't know which bit to pick up first because he's so twisted and multi-faceted in his hypocrisy that you just end up doing things like scoffing, or calling him a cunt. By the time you get around to making your point it's about 5 minutes later and people are telling you to calm down. It happens every time he's brought up, I end up getting asked to calm down.

It's disheartening because it's difficult to determine exactly what the owner wants. The team is consistently terrible and he's been an  embarrassment...but he gets to keep his job?

It's disheartening because it's difficult to determine exactly what the owner wants. The team is consistently terrible and he's been an  embarrassment...but he gets to keep his job?

I honestly think "what does Mike Ashley want?" is just about the easiest question to answer.

He wants:

Income from the Premier League

Maximum exposure for the Sports Direct brand

He knows he can have those things by running the transfer policy at a profit and by having Alan Pardew as manager. That's why I've no doubt we'll sign some players in the summer and why Alan Pardew will still be manager come September.

It's difficult to reconcile his ruthlessness with regards to certain managers (Allardyce/Hughton) and his stubborn perseverance with others (Kinnear/Pardew).

I suspect the answer is just that he's just incredibly loyal to people in his inner circle. Ashley wanted to keep Kinnear on despite relegation and his heart giving out, and went out of his way to offer his old buddy another job years later. God knows to what extents he'll go to protect Pardew.

It's difficult to reconcile his ruthlessness with regards to certain managers (Allardyce/Hughton) and his stubborn perseverance with others (Kinnear/Pardew).

I suspect the answer is just that he's just incredibly loyal to people in his inner circle. Ashley wanted to keep Kinnear on despite relegation and his heart giving out, and went out of his way to offer his old buddy another job years later. God knows to what extents he'll go to protect Pardew.

Pretty much means that we'll never be totally rid of Pardew, even if he leaves the seat. He'll always be looming, lurking, waiting.

I was gonna reply to Yorkie, but his post bummed me the fuck out.

Absolutely, he is. But I don't think Pardew is one of them. He's just like any other Mike Ashley employee. And like any other employee, Pardew's been given a set of instructions and has fulfilled them. If you were Ashley, you wouldn't even consider sacking him.

Football itself doesn't come into it at all.

Overall, I think Ashley is transparent as fuck. I don't know much about the financial world but from a 'football club owner' standpoint, I think he's become extremely easy to read. Like I said - we know what he wants, we know what sort of people he employs, we know what our future holds under him.

The last thing he did that surprised me was sign Cisse. He had a bit of a lapse there. My guessing is that someone convinced him that a new striker could get us into the Champions League, or - possibly - someone even told him that being in the Europa League would be beneficial for Sports Direct. Remember the .europe advertising boards? Obviously, Pardew ensured that the potential negatives of the EL far outweigh the benefits of some extra advertising. It's fair to assume he's continually learned as time has gone on, so we'll make signings when we have to, but we'll never make another genuinely progressive signing like Cisse. Unless it's by accident (like Cabaye, for example).

I bet he's delighted with this season. A big sigh of relief after last year's scare. He'd have it this way forever I imagine.

It's May and 2014-15 is already written off.

That's depressingly true.

How many years left on this contract again? :troll:

2241 days, 21 hours, 57 minutes and 45 seconds

The number of years on his contract means nothing going forward.

If, in six years time, Ashley is still here and we've finished 10th every single season, Pardew will get an extension.

The only time the number of years will 'mean something' is if, at any point, he absolutely has to sack him.

The number of years on his contract means nothing going forward.

If, in six years time, Ashley is still here and we've finished 10th every single season, Pardew will get an extension.

The only time the number of years will 'mean something' is if, at any point, he absolutely has to sack him.

http://frometownyouth.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/rss-poster/cache/5f21d__54423782_pardew.gif

Yorkie pls.

:lol:

Imagine your idea about the Hitman games, where the controller vibrated as you slowly strangled the life out of an opponent. Now imagine Agent 47 doing it to Ol' Pards.

There, a nicer notion to sign off with.

Yorkie pls.

:lol:

Imagine your idea about the Hitman games, where the controller vibrated as you slowly strangled the life out of an opponent. Now imagine Agent 47 doing it to Ol' Pards.

There, a nicer notion to sign off with.

God that was such a good idea.

Guest chopey

Any fan that attends this shower is now officially an anti_fan and just making the situation worse

Overall, I think Ashley is transparent as f***. I don't know much about the financial world but from a 'football club owner' standpoint, I think he's become extremely easy to read. Like I said - we know what he wants, we know what sort of people he employs, we know what our future holds under him.

The last thing he did that surprised me was sign Cisse. He had a bit of a lapse there. My guessing is that someone convinced him that a new striker could get us into the Champions League, or - possibly - someone even told him that being in the Europa League would be beneficial for Sports Direct. Remember the .europe advertising boards? Obviously, Pardew ensured that the potential negatives of the EL far outweigh the benefits of some extra advertising. It's fair to assume he's continually learned as time has gone on, so we'll make signings when we have to, but we'll never make another genuinely progressive signing like Cisse. Unless it's by accident (like Cabaye, for example).

I bet he's delighted with this season. A big sigh of relief after last year's scare. He'd have it this way forever I imagine.

Howay, noone wants to hear that.

Please close the football section til august.