Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's pretty much fucked now. We haven't done nearly enough in the summer which means he's reliant on his own ability to bridge the gaps.

Bye bye Alan, bye bye.

I agree. I think the type of players we've bought in large quantity mean no significant improvement is likely and his only real excuse is out the door.

This is what I'm hanging onto but as Disco says, we must have the easiest start in the league, Sunday obviously aside. It's very good that the masses think the squad has been hugely strengthened though, which I struggle to see. Riviere's going to need to be Demba Ba for a start.

He's pretty much fucked now. We haven't done nearly enough in the summer which means he's reliant on his own ability to bridge the gaps.

Bye bye Alan, bye bye.

I agree. I think the type of players we've bought in large quantity mean no significant improvement is likely and his only real excuse is out the door.

This is what I'm hanging onto but as Disco says, we must have the easiest start in the league, Sunday obviously aside. It's very good that the masses think the squad has been hugely strengthened though, which I struggle to see.

With the ostracising of HBA I see it as the squad being slight deeper in terms of the players coming off the bench not being significantly worse than the ones on the pitch but the strongest first XI we'll be able to name as being weaker. Not too mention it's likely going to take the all the new signings 6 months you'd imagine to get used to the pace & higher quality of the league etc.

Guest neesy111

Bye bye Alan, bye bye.

This is what I'm hanging onto but as Disco says, we must have the easiest start in the league, Sunday obviously aside. It's very good that the masses think the squad has been hugely strengthened though, which I struggle to see.

With the ostracising of HBA I see it as the squad being slight deeper in terms of the players coming off the bench not being significantly worse than the ones on the pitch but the strongest first XI we'll be able to name as being weaker. Not too mention it's likely going to take the all the new signings 6 months you'd imagine to get used to the pace & higher quality of the league etc.

I think in recent seasons we've been lucky in players getting off the ground running as soon as they've joined.

I know i'm moaning about De Jong being hurt, but if he fails to get on the pitch consistently we'll lack any bit of shape and leadership on the pitch (counting Tiote in that too, as it's likely he'll be on/off hurt for quite some time again). This team will have to rely on Sissoko actually adding goals, Cabella to hit the ground running, and like said before - Riviere doing a Demba Ba. Doesn't look as cushy despite playing some crap teams to start the season as well.

With a decent manager, you'd look at our squad and think we'd be in for a mid table finish and that we were a couple signings away from seriously pushing for Europe.

With Pardew in charge, we're wondering if we'll even make mid table. Europe isn't anywhere in the thought process.

Beyond me how Ashley can't see that a better manager would get so much more out of this squad. But I guess it isn't an option for him, as a manager worth his salt will want to make signings every window.

I think the widely agreed "easy start" might do us a favour, cue the "there's no such thing as an easy game in the premiership" following a dismal start to the season and he'll soon be sweating.

The City game will hopefully be the usual embarrassment and put him on the defensive and we know how it goes from there. His only hope is one of the new non-Pardewed players hits the ground at 100mph.

Bye bye Alan, bye bye.

This is what I'm hanging onto but as Disco says, we must have the easiest start in the league, Sunday obviously aside. It's very good that the masses think the squad has been hugely strengthened though, which I struggle to see. Riviere's going to need to be Demba Ba for a start.

I do like the look of Riviere, but looking like a good player and scoring goal isn't necessarily the same thing. Demba Ba might be a bit self-centred and a mercenary type, but if there's one thing he'll do in the premier it's score goals.

Guest neesy111

Weren't we expecting Cisse to be out until Christmas then though? If he's back in Sept/Oct then he's not wrong numbers wise.

I don't remember hearing that, I heard 4-5 months out which is about what it'll be.

Fair do. :thup:

Even so, Riviere, Ferreyra, Cisse for one spot is about right in terms of numbers. Like with the centre-back situation though, we need to get rid of Taylor or Williamson to improve the quality, same up front. We'd only really upgrade in that area if we got rid of Cisse.

Laudrup in charge of this squad and I'm happy

#

The way I see it, someone of his quality guarantees 8th at least, good football and threatening the clubs above us. A bog standard Premier League manager (Pulis, Bruce, Hughes, etc) sees us probably 8th, maybe 9th without the batterings and having a fair season. With Pardew we may get 8th depending on the players getting up and running straight away, average to crap football but could finish anywhere down to 13th.

Guest neesy111

Fair do. :thup:

Even so, Riviere, Ferreyra, Cisse for one spot is about right in terms of numbers. Like with the centre-back situation though, we need to get rid of Taylor or Williamson to improve the quality, same up front. We'd only really upgrade in that area if we got rid of Cisse.

What can expect from them in terms of goals this season?  30-35?

Not that I wouldn't take him, but didn't Laudrup leave Swansea with a realistic chance of relegation? He guarantees little.

The thought of the excitement of a new manager being eradicated with the appointment of a Pulis/Sherwood/Bruce type is horrifying.