Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BvHXYAqCAAMd8I8.jpg

He really is a f***ing idiot.

So obvious from these muppets - blatant lies over and over again, with this muppet actually contradicting himself in less than two weeks. No money spent again apart from that off incoming transfers. Another tedious season on the cards with no ambition, flair and real quality. The main three positions crying out to be replaced have not been and won't be - I am so glad I said no more until these c***s have gone.

Fair do. :thup:

Even so, Riviere, Ferreyra, Cisse for one spot is about right in terms of numbers. Like with the centre-back situation though, we need to get rid of Taylor or Williamson to improve the quality, same up front. We'd only really upgrade in that area if we got rid of Cisse.

What can expect from them in terms of goals this season?  30-35?

Less than 30 imho

Talks about delivering the quality of football that we haven't seen in the last "four or five months". Alan, we don't want the fucking shocking quality of football you served up before 2014 either, you fucking cuntwat.

Talks about delivering the quality of football that we haven't seen in the last "four or five months". Alan, we don't want the f***ing shocking quality of football you served up before 2014 either, you f***ing cuntwat.

Again, he's telling people what he wants them to think and some of the morons will accept it without giving it a second thought.

I think our first team is a lot weaker than last year. Not just in terms of quality brought in. The pathetic and disgraceful capitulation in the second half of the season must hang over the minds of the existing players. Under the King it always feels like we're two defeats in a row away from a complete season collapse. So all of Pardew's bullshit about our transfer activity can only backfire on him during the season. Unfortunately, it seems like circumstances might work in his favor once again.

Feels terrible to dread a good start of the season. That could cement Pardew's position for another couple of seasons. If The King hasn't sucked all the confidence of the players, we have 6-7 winnable games after Man City + the Gillingham tie.  The new players' not-yet-harmed confidence and some luck might result in us having a good run until the inevitable Pardew half-season slump.

Hopefully Man City tear us a new one tomorrow so we can get rid of this twat. Only manager who makes fans actively wish for their team to lose just to get rid of the man in charge.

Just been looking at the updates and voting system on the Forza IOS app and it has 61% having faith in Pardew as manager, that's a lot of mongs!

If we get hammered tomorrow it will be at 30%, and then we win two games and it will be back at 70%. An awful lot of people are idiots

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2726863/Alan-Pardew-s-soap-opera-Newcastle-United-never-happy-ending-fans-patience-capricious-manager-wears-thinner.html

Alan Pardew's soap opera at Newcastle United can never have a happy ending as fans' patience with capricious manager wears ever thinner

Shortly before four o’clock on Sunday afternoon, Alan Pardew will emerge from the dressing room tunnel and make his way towards the technical area.

If the familiar script is followed, his appearance will provoke a storm of jeers and derision from the home crowd. He will respond with a wave and a tight smile before ducking into his dugout.

Moments later, a whistle will blow, Newcastle United will take on the champions of England, and a new season of the St James’ Park soap opera will be underway.

Nobody knows what japes Pardew is plotting this season. Will he shove a linesman (August 2012)? Or bellow obscene insults at a rival manager (January 2014)? Or might he butt an opposition player who may have displeased him (March 2014)?

This endlessly capricious fellow is full of surprises. Now in some managers such unpredictability can be an appealing trait, but for the Newcastle public, Pardew’s appeal has long since worn thin.

Their feelings boiled over in the final game last season, when the manager was forced to take refuge in the dugout while the chant of ‘We Want Pardew Out!’ boomed from all four sides of the stadium and thousands staged a pre-arranged walkout. All this and Newcastle won by three goals!

Had the club owner, Mike Ashley, been present, then he would have been left in no doubt about the depth of the fans’ feeling. But Ashley, as so often, was absent. In any case, the owner is aware that he is no more popular than his manager.

Ashley's treatment of Pardew has, at times, carried a whiff of cruelty. There was his appointment of preposterous Joe Kinnear as ‘Director of Football’. There was the decision to put Pardew forward to defend Ashley’s disgraceful awarding of Newcastle’s shirt sponsorship to a legalised loan shark.

Recent days have seen complimentary tickets withdrawn from the manager and his staff; a petty stricture, designed to demean. And now Pardew has been forbidden to speak to the media, outside his obligatory commitments.

We can all think of managers who would have told Ashley precisely what he could do with his job, but Pardew seems to treat each humiliation as a challenge.

We are reminded of Monty Python’s incorrigible Black Knight, who loses arms and legs in a duel: ‘I’ve had worse … ’Tis but a scratch … Just a flesh wound’.

Every manager has a lively capacity for self-deception, but in Pardew it is developed to an unrivalled degree.

Examples abound, but a personal favourite was his response to his seven-match ban and £60,000 fine for butting Hull’s David Meyler.

‘I will accept the punishment handed down by the FA’, he announced; as if he had a choice in the matter. It was vintage Pardew.

Cynics insist that the roots of Pardew’s attitude may be found in the extraordinary eight-year contract he was awarded in September 2012.

Derek Llambias, who was then managing director, offered a memorable explanation: ‘It will reflect on the pitch, the fans will be happier, there won’t be all that chatter if the team goes through a bad patch.’ Apparently, that prophecy can still raise a chuckle in the boardroom.

Given Ashley’s record, we should expect he has new humiliations in store for his manager but, short of sending him out a St James’ Park in a Sunderland shirt, he must realise that Pardew seems quite immoveable.

A more sensitive man might have been crushed by his bruising experience at that final match. But Pardew took refuge in cod psychology.

‘It’s not something I want to experience again,’ he said. ‘There was a lot of frustration towards me and I understand that. Hopefully, I can prove I can deal with it and come back better and stronger. Life is a rocky road and, when it gets rocky, you have to stay strong and focused.’

It wasn’t quite ‘When the going gets tough…’, but it was as close as you could get while keeping a straight face.

In fairness, Newcastle have spent money in the close season. Signings have been made, progress is promised. We shall see.

But the fact remains that in the English city where the game is loved most dearly and followed most fiercely, the loyalists are on the brink of rebellion. Should the team lose, and lose badly, to Manchester City, then the consequences could be calamitous.

But one thing is certain. If those Newcastle fans are expecting Alan Pardew to follow the example of Tony Pulis, climb aboard his high horse and gallop off into the sunset, then they will be disappointed.

For the foreseeable future, this soap opera is stuck with its leading man.

http://www.teamtalk.com/newcastle-united/9426386/-

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew will not put any limits on the ambitions for his club in the Premier League this season.

The Magpies endured some tough stretches last season but still managed to finish 10th, the minimum requirement set by the club's owner Mike Ashley, albeit before star midfielder Yohan Cabaye was sold in January.

Pardew admits the club's objectives may not change radically despite a significant summer recruitment drive, but he will be looking higher than mid-table.

He said: "I don't think the target from the club will change, but that doesn't represent the target that I want my players to drive for because we want to drive for higher than that.

"I don't like setting targets myself with the team. What we do also need to understand - and I know people are saying it's desperate, that I need a fast start etc, etc after what happened at the back end of last year.

"I think that's going to be difficult because we have got a lot of new players, so I am kind of preparing myself for an even start, if I am honest, and to get stronger as we go along.

"If it's any better than that, then that will be a blessing."

Pardew admits he learned a lot of lessons last season, especially in the wake of his clash with Hull City midfielder David Meyler, and he hopes to make a positive start against reigning champions Manchester City on Sunday.

He added:  "I have learned a lot of lessons since I have been manager at this football club, and the most important lesson I have learned is that you need to be consistent with what message you are giving to your players, and I have been fairly consistent to my players ever since I have been here about how important it is.

"The results sometimes alter: you are on a winning run, you are on a losing run. But the most important thing is your principles stay the same.

"If people question those principles or question that work ethic, they won't be included in this group. This group is a strong group and I think it will work hard for Newcastle fans.

"I have learned one thing also since I have been here: that Newcastle fans want to win and they want to win every game, and that's what we are going to try to do.

"The one thing about Man City is, I thought we put in one of our best performances last year and were beaten. They are that type of team you can be at your very best against and still be beaten.

"But I do think that we are really well set for this game and hopefully, we can get some kind of result against them because obviously our record isn't great."

Careful now.

Fucking hell :lol: Absolutely nailed the bastard. (DM)

Thought the same. Really refreshing to read. :lol:

Really is, shame it's in the Mail in all honesty.

Massive dig at HBA in that Teamtalk piece from the dickhead n all. Glad to know he's preparing for a distinctly average start though. Inspirational.

All that bullshit about sticking to your principles and not letting anyone question you even if your on a losing run??!

So it sounds as if the rumour is true then. Ben Arfa openly questioned Pardew's "football philosophy" so the king banished him for "the good of the group"

"I have learned one thing also since I have been here: that Newcastle fans want to win and they want to win every game, and that's what we are going to try to do."

Thanks Al :thup:

"I think that's going to be difficult because we have got a lot of new players, so I am kind of preparing myself for an even start."

Excuse number 1: The load of new players I'm really happy with may take time to gel so if we get off to a shit start then that's my excuse for the first 2 months. I'll think of another excuse for the next few months in a bit.

Many of the nationals seem to be going for him and Ashley now, given this 'media deal' with The Sun (even if it hasn't been signed off) Club and Pardew are fighting a losing battle, though our manager is just that fucking thick skinned that he doesn't care.

"I think that's going to be difficult because we have got a lot of new players, so I am kind of preparing myself for an even start."

Excuse number 1: The load of new players I'm really happy with may take time to gel so if we get off to a shit start then that's my excuse for the first 2 months. I'll think of another excuse for the next few months in a bit.

Yep. Was so obvious he would come out with that. Didn't expect him to get it in before we've even kicked off though.

"I have learned one thing also since I have been here: that Newcastle fans want to win and they want to win every game, and that's what we are going to try to do."

Football fans in 'wanting to win', shocker :lol:

Football fans in 'wanting to win', shocker :lol:

He says it as if trying to win every game is revolutionary