Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

Moyes and Everton were a good match but at the end of the day they were kind of standing still as a club and I know a lot of Everton fans were getting tired of the poor starts/strong finish or the negative and cautious approach.

He did a good job there, a very good job, but nothing remarkable. Certainly nothing to suggest he could achieve anything with Man Utd. He's an average manager in the same mould as Hughes,  Bruce et al. Managers like them need to be at the right club to do good things and under the right conditions, as such those type of managers are limited.

He is head and shoulders above Pardew mind.

Guest Howaythetoon

When did Hughes and Bruce finish 4th with no money to spend? Hughes couldn't even get the world's richest club 4th.

If you want to use those kind of variables we could cite Pardew finishing 5th or Big Sam finishing 6th with Bolton. Regardless, Moyes is in the same bracket of manager as Hughes and Bruce in terms of abilities. What he did with Everton was very good, but he had no pressure and he did have money to spend. What Big Sam did at Bolton was more impressive. Btw I rate Moyes, he's a decent enough manager but that is all he is. Bruce is the same as is Hughes. Sadly in this country there seems to be a huge gulf between the different managers. we have no outstanding manager and all the top managers are foreign. We are a backward nation when it comes to playing and coaching football and it stems from the grassroots game.

When did Hughes and Bruce finish 4th with no money to spend? Hughes couldn't even get the world's richest club 4th.

If you want to use those kind of variables we could cite Pardew finishing 5th or Big Sam finishing 6th with Bolton.

:bob:

I'll leave it there. Not repeating myself again.

Moyes was comically poor at Man United, and plenty saw it coming from the moment he was appointed. Good manager at Everton, not cut out for the next level.

I agree with this but once they appointed him, they should have backed him a whole heap more in the transfer market. And in that respect,  I'd say Moyes was a tad hard done to there.

It will be interesting to see them languishing in 6/7th place again after backing LVG so much more, if they'll sack him too.

Guest firetotheworks

Suggesting, let alone saying that Moyes is on the same level as Hughes, Bruce and Allardyce is as embarrassing as saying he's worthy of the Man United job. Most realise he's neither, the rest are just talking crap.

Man U will probably have a reasonable season once Van Gaal sorts out who he wants and what sort of system those players will do best with but there are NO guarantees ; they did this before in the early 70s after the side of Best Law and Charlton started to fade. People remember us beating them 5-0 at SJP in 1996, but we also beat them 5-1 at SJP when they were on the wane at the start of the 70s.

When a club has a dynastic and dictatorial manager like Ferguson(and, in a different way, Busby)it is going to mean a big hole at the centre of the club when they go...they have a massive commercial base though and will spend but even that doesn't guarantee the type of unbroken success they have enjoyed in the past 20 years.

It will be very interesting to watch it all unfold.....

Suggesting, let alone saying that Moyes is on the same level as Hughes, Bruce and Allardyce is as embarrassing as saying he's worthy of the Man United job. Most realise he's neither, the rest are just talking crap.

Exactly.

Although it was partly his fault - LVG wouldn't do significantly better with that team.

A narrow defeat when we've several key players out while trying to implement a new system and a lot of people are changing their tune already. :lol:

There'll be at least one centre back signed and three/four first team players to come back into this side. I didn't find the defeat all that surprising when I seen the lineup.

Can't believe all this Van Gaal talk  :lol:

The guy was missing Van Persie, Valencia, Shaw and Evans yesterday.

It was always going to be difficult to play the new system with those kids that were out there.