Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I didn't think Everton played unattractive football and indeed were very easy on the eye at times tbh.

This is a myth that likes to be peddled, the notion that we played shite football. We used to, but 06/07 onwards we played some very good stuff, but equally could play long too. We had a very good mix.

I think everything boils down to the fact that while Moyes did a very, very good job with us - and I'd never seek to deny that - he never won anything. That's a problem when you go to a team which has won things constantly for many, many years and is used to winning. While you'd expect there to be a transition and them perhaps not to be seriously in the title race this season - I imagine most fans would accept that - the amount he's taken them backwards is absurd. He hasn't got a winning mentality and that is proving a serious problem. This is the man who described going to places like Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford as "taking a knife to a gun fight" and "you just hope to get out of alive."

The second major mistake he has made IMO (general on-pitch questions aside) is getting rid of Fergie's backroom staff. Really don't think that was a wise move in the slightest.

Sign of insecurity.

It's no secret that we have a board with no ambition, that's why hiring a clueless yes man is more important to them than paying for a quality manager.

Exactly right, and till Ashley goes i have no faith in our long term progress.

A few months ago you were prattling on about how we were going to win a trophy.

When? Saying what? Fairly sure this is bollocks, like.

You can fuck off with this :lol:

You said we were progressing nicely and were pretty sure we would win a trophy under Pardew.

I'm not trawling through your drivel unless I really have to.

Moyes is never coming here, he's on a rumoured 5M a year, and Pardew between 500,000 and 800,000 depending on what rumour you believe. In any case Moyes is arguably no better then the twat we have here, his teams play with no clear sense of style or tactics as we do. Dinosaurs the pair of them.

:thup:

You can f*** off with this :lol:

pretty sure we would win a trophy under Pardew.

I actually want you to trawl through, this is absolute nonsense of the highest order. Get trawling please :) Such bullshit :lol:

:lol:

Brett is like the punching bag around these parts, with people appropriating all of their insecurities and fears and outlandish scenarios (winning a trophy under Pards, lol) to him. :D

I love it, though.

Fuck it, Brett probably did say it. ;)

It's no secret that we have a board with no ambition, that's why hiring a clueless yes man is more important to them than paying for a quality manager.

Exactly right, and till Ashley goes i have no faith in our long term progress.

A few months ago you were prattling on about how we were going to win a trophy.

When? Saying what? Fairly sure this is bollocks, like. Yet even saying this, any team with a half decent side and a bit of luck can win a trophy. They can just come completely out the blue but i've never banged on how we'll deffo win one?

I think a necessity is trying to win one first though.

I actually want you to trawl through, this is absolute nonsense of the highest order. Get trawling please :) Such bullshit :lol:

Right I'll do it when I find a suitable period of time.

EDIT: 4,661 (4.057 per day)Custom Title: Most Boring Poster 2013

great :lol:

Brett, that season we finished 5th we were ahead of Liverpool. They sacked their manager and appointed one who believed in correct football principles

Titter ye not Ronaldo, don't make me bump the post where I predicted Rodgers would turn Liverpool around. Just like I correctly predicted Man U won't finish in a CL position this year ;)

More the fact you think there's a correct and incorrect way of playing football.

Brett, that season we finished 5th we were ahead of Liverpool. They sacked their manager and appointed one who believed in correct football principles

Titter ye not Ronaldo, don't make me bump the post where I predicted Rodgers would turn Liverpool around. Just like I correctly predicted Man U won't finish in a CL position this year ;)

More the fact you think there's a correct and incorrect way of playing football.

Isn't there?

Well the better teams do tend to pass it around more as opposed to going down the long ball route.

Course there's not.

Tron is obviously talking about the fashion in which the game is played.  Perhaps "correct" is the wrong word to use. I guess if you had a team of small players, then using the Wimbledon style would be incorrect would it not? *clearsthroatanditsoundslikethewordPardew

Well the better teams do tend to pass it around more as opposed to going down the long ball route.

So every PL boss except the 2 or 3 who predominantly like to hoof it are playing correct football. Got ya.

Right I'll do it when I find a suitable period of time.

EDIT: 4,661 (4.057 per day)Custom Title: Most Boring Poster 2013

great :lol:

How does Brett not have 20K posts? He and Ian are the only people posting on the football forum with regularity. :lol:

The only thing I do remember Brett saying in terms of trophies is using the argument "If Pardew won us trophies would you still all hate him". It might just be that mentioning Pardew and trophies in the same sentence implied there was some possibility in his mind that the two could meet, way beyond the wildest imaginations of your standard Newcastle fan.

This is him making that "point":

To be honest Brett I had more time for your posts when you were just blindly choosing to believe everything would be fine. Nothing you've said about the way the team plays under Pardew makes me think we're going anywhere with him in charge. He's s****.

What will it take you to change your mind? I'm not having the whole good football bullshit, Wigan went down with that. Position wise? Top 4? Top 6? Top 8? ....a trophy? What will it take for people to accept Pardew again and support him and the players?

If by some miracle Pardew does get us into the top 5 again or win a trophy, though I still wouldn't like the t***, he would have gained more respect for turning it around.  The thing is though, it just doesn't look at all likely.

So you would still want him gone if a trophy or top 5/6 finish came? This is my point.

All I know is I haven't said anywhere close to the fact Pardew will win us a trophy. Feel for Spud if he's actually going to trawl through my 'boring' posts rather than admit it was a fragment of his imagination.

Yes, some intent to win one would be nice. I don't think he's deliberately throwing away cup matches, but knowing it's not on your end of season review must be comforting knowing your job doesn't depend on it.

As Bluestar mentioned I probably have put the scenario out there questioning if people would change their mind if he won a cup. Fwiw I don't think it should change minds, they would still win the cup playing his cautious football which they aren't fond of. If Sam Allardyce won a cup here or if Souness won a cup here, it wouldn't make me like them anymore than I do now and I'd still think they were cunts regardless of a cup win.

The list is endless of bang average managers that have made finals of cups and even won it. End of the day it's only 6 matches and if you have a decent enough squad and a bit if luck with the draw, you could just find yourself in one even if your club is in turmoil. It hasn't happened for us yet since Bobby but you just never know when one might spring upon you.