Manchester Utd 0 - 1 Newcastle Utd - 07/12/13 - Post-match euphoria from p29

Greg

I don't care that "United" lost the game or that the highlights were all 8 of their shots and 1 or 2 of our 9. Like was said earlier, we're flying under the radar, quietly picking up points and pulling away from the chasing pack. We all know how our players and in particular Pardew handle pressure. I honestly think everyone saw the Manc game as a bye with earlier unexpected results and we played under no real pressure and were able to play our game (not taking anything away from the performance or the tactics) and it brought out the best in us.

What a great team performance from all 11 and long may it continue and as long as the pressure is off I am more confidant of that.

Just watched the game back and I have to say we really were terrific over the 90 minutes.

As much as Man U were poor (and they were) I think a sizeable chunk of that was down to our "hunting in packs" all over the pitch. We really limited them to very little and never really allowed them to get up a head of steam except for the start of the second half which we eventually managed to quell.

I'm OK with our performance being overlooked actually as I think it'll work in our favour in the long run.

I really really hope AP takes the lesson from this performance and sets us up to dominate games more than we have.

Our interplay was very good (particularly at the back when under pressure) our short and long passing was neat and tidy and we really stretched them at times going forward.

That was a lovely way to waste a couple of hours  :smug:

Downloaded the game from a popular torrent site earlier on, and I spent this afternoon watching it over again.

If we'd only come out with a draw, I guess we couldn't have complained. But we would have been robbed if we lost. Considering this was an away game, we matched them all over the park and looked every bit their equals. They had a few half-chances, but at no point during the game did I think we were really that likely to concede. We kept them so quiet, and they created little of note at all.

Anyway, in summary: :lol:

I don't care that "United" lost the game or that the highlights were all 8 of their shots and 1 or 2 of our 9. Like was said earlier, we're flying under the radar, quietly picking up points and pulling away from the chasing pack. We all know how our players and in particular Pardew handle pressure. I honestly think everyone saw the Manc game as a bye with earlier unexpected results and we played under no real pressure and were able to play our game (not taking anything away from the performance or the tactics) and it brought out the best in us.

What a great team performance from all 11 and long may it continue and as long as the pressure is off I am more confidant of that.

Our wins against Chelsea, Tottenham and Man.Utd have all been highlighted in the media as the opposition being "poor", and very little being said about our quality or tactics.

Been looking for a positive spin on our win, but that only seems to be on here and in The Chronicle. MOTD were obviously very 'selective' with their footage.

But you're right, if we sneak under the radar then it may help us in the long run. Hopefully surprise a few pundits with our final league position.

Our wins against Chelsea, Tottenham and Man.Utd have all been highlighted in the media as the opposition being "poor", and very little being said about our quality or tactics.

Been looking for a positive spin on our win, but that only seems to be on here and in The Chronicle. MOTD were obviously very 'selective' with their footage.

But you're right, if we sneak under the radar then it may help us in the long run. Hopefully surprise a few pundits with our final league position.

I don't think that is quite accurate. Most every thing I've read or heard begins with "I think Pardew got his tactics spot on..." or "it's difficult to believe that a month ago, people were calling for Pardew's head, but I think..."

That's the lead...  1) Pardew has out-managed (Mourinho/AVB/Moyes), 2) Begin criticism of (Mourinho/AVB/Moyes)

You'd be surprised how many people go by what the commentators said. :lol: I know a few of our fans who thought we deserved something despite not creating a chance.

Did Van Persie even have a shot? Offside goal aside.

Did Van Persie even have a shot? Offside goal aside.

None. And he only had 2 touches in the box all game.

Any comments from Moyes on Hernandez's dive? Surprised that I haven't seen the media quiz him on that considering the previous dive incidents and them braying for blood.

I'm not the one to talk to about diving. I think everybody does it now and it's never leaving the game. Moyes' mistake was openly addressing diving when one of his players done it. He shouldn't have said anything.

Rewatching with the BT commentary

"the smash and grab is on" :anguish:

Also said "all of a sudden Old Trafford is silent" despite making numerous references to how quiet it had been all game.

I honestly think Owen just panicked and didnt know what else to say and that was the first thing that came out. He'd mentioned plenty times before that how we had control of the game so it made literally no sense.

Also said "all of a sudden Old Trafford is silent" despite making numerous references to how quiet it had been all game.

I honestly think Owen just panicked and didnt know what else to say and that was the first thing that came out. He'd mentioned plenty times before that how we had control of the game so it made literally no sense.

I think Owen said it because the main commentator said it before hand.

I think Owen said it because the main commentator said it before hand.

Yep, the commentator said it first and Owen repeated it.