Crystal Palace 0 - 3 Newcastle United - 21/12/13 - post-match reaction from pg32

BlueStar

First half was one of the most enjoyable NUFC games I've watched in a couple of years.

Second half we stepped off the gas a bit and let them come at us, but never really looked in danger.

Ben Arfa made an immediate impact and we were totally comfortable from then.

Palace are one of the worst sides I've seen in a long time though, would have been massively disappointed if we didn't win that.

Stoke and Arsenal at home then West Brom away.....looking forward to the Christmas games!

What an incredible performance. Rightfully beating Man U and Chelsea will be talked about, but it's games like these that are going to make our season. The players look so comfortable, so confident, almost arrogant. The French signings have not only settled in well now, they seem to have almost sussed out the league and what's required to play here. Joyous stuff to behold. Every single one of them deserves credit, including fuckface Pardew. Keep this up and he may just see out his 8 year contract :lol:

Guest coalminer

1.  HBA remains an enigma.  I'd still like to see him start, but I'm leaning more towards him starting as a left forward where he can cut in.  He was wasteful with the ball in the deep.

:facepalm:

OK.  I get that you are facepalming, but do you have anything other to contribute to this conversation that I can go off other than a childish smiley?

Yeah, you're mistaken.

OK.  I don't think I'm going to bother replying to any more of your posts.

Krul - 5 - Looked dodgy from their corners

Debuchy - 9 - An absolute beast

Willo - 8 - Didn't do anything wrong, one point looked in danger of being out paced

Colo - 8 - Similar, that high boot might have got him sent off another day mind

Santon - 6 - Did some lovely runs and contributed to attacks down the left, but also gave the ball away a few times and suffers with comparison to our right back

Anita - 8 - Tidy, gave the ball away a few times but made up for it, read the game, made a lot of crucial tackles, thought he was very good today

Tiote - 7 - Alright, but got worried whenever i saw him go for a tackle after his yellow, average performance

Cabaye - 9 - Everywhere, his passing is so good at any range, ran the game, he tired later just as they were coming into the game a bit and so the sub was perfect.

Gouff - 7 - Ran a lot as ever, was unlucky not to score a screamer when he hit the bar, did some great runs into the box, solid but no end product today.

Sissoko - 8 - Beasted the right side with Debuchy

Remy - 4 - Been Pardewed well and good.

Subs - Shola - 5 only gets anything because he won the pen

Hatem Ben Arfa - 10 - What more do you want from a short cameo?  :lol:

Absolute dominance from start to finish.

Palace had one chance the whole game, and we made them look like the relegation fodder they are.

Thought everyone was solid and played well, particularly Cabaye. Brilliant.

30 points on the board already is a great achievement, and hopefully we can keep pushing on.

Absolutely chuffed with that performance and result. 3 flattered them tbh, could of had 5-6.

I feel that we never got out of second gear. Palace were like a stuffed turkey ready for the oven.

Shame really because we got that comfortable win but it could have been so much more.

No complaints though, played well.

They were utterly crap. Really don't belong in this league. We were streets ahead of them.

Thought we were largely composed and well organised. Really could have won by a greater margin.

Thought Cameron was going to score for them on the turn. He had 2 good chances but he's sh*te so he didn't get anything worthwhile on either of them.

We did seem to turn off a bit in the 2nd half but our subs brought the momentum back to us. I thought we could have brought HBA on a little earlier. Think he made a big difference.

Our best performers - Cabaye, thought he was really good today, if Remy had been in the mood they'd have carved them open. Colo was top. Our right side in general. HBA.

Worst - no one was bad but i thought Santon could have done more to defend a couple of crosses that came in from his side. He also gave the ball away by cutting in and presenting them with an attacking opportunity. Same as against Soton. That was silly. Couple of times Tiote just stood about as they won the ball and let Anita do the defending. He's not normally like that (Tiote).

Was good to have a comfortable win. Hope Cabaye's ok....