Newcastle Utd vs Arsenal - Sunday 29th December @ 1.30pm (live on Sky)

Beren
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most may not agree, and replacing Santon when we are winning is probably mad - but I remember last season to end the campaign, MYM played LB and used his pace well by pretty much keeping Walcott under wraps. I'd be happy with that given he'd sit further back and attack less. Although many will probably point to the poor match he had versus Man City.

Krul

Debuchy Williamson Coloccini Yanga-Mbiwa

Ben Arfa Sissoko Tiote Cabaye Gouffran

Remy

But I'd be thrilled with the above and perfectly content with Santon or Haidara playing LB.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I think we're going to win this. We need to set up to play football though - if we use the Chelsea/Spurs set up they will carve us apart,

---------------------------- Krul ----------------------------

Debuchy -------- Willo --------- Colo --------- Haidara

Sissoko ------ Cabaye -------- Tiote -------- Gouffran

--------------------- HBA ------------------------------------

------------------------------ Remy -------------------------

I know, I know, Hatem off the front man. But he's got to be in the team somewhere, man. Get him up there, roaming about all over the place, giving Flamini something to think about. No defensive duties cos he won't be worth a shit in a 'workrate role' against Arsenal. That flat midfield four, however, will be worth something in the defensive department. They've been balanced, steely and consistent during this terrific run of form. Harsh on Anita but Tiote will love this sort of game and I'd be hesitant to drop Sissoko for one poor performance. He was gash in the first half against Stoke, but then Pardew went all 12/13 by putting him up top, where he's always total shit. He's been class on the wing recently so get him back out there.

All that being said, I wouldn't be too disappointed if we set up in the same 4-3-3 as we did yesterday, as poor as we were in that first half. The manager just can't seem to hack anything other than 4-4-2, though. :undecided:

Davide Liability out, please. Haidara deserves a crack now.

---------------------------- Krul ----------------------------

Debuchy -------- Willo --------- Colo --------- Haidara

Sissoko ------ Cabaye -------- Tiote -------- Gouffran

--------------------- HBA ------------------------------------

------------------------------ Remy -------------------------

I know, I know, Hatem off the front man. But he's got to be in the team somewhere, man. Get him up there, roaming about all over the place, giving Flamini something to think about. No defensive duties cos he won't be worth a shit in a 'workrate role' against Arsenal. That flat midfield four, however, will be worth something in the defensive department. They've been balanced, steely and consistent during this terrific run of form. Harsh on Anita but Tiote will love this sort of game and I'd be hesitant to drop Sissoko for one poor performance. He was gash in the first half against Stoke, but then Pardew went all 12/13 by putting him up top, where he's always total shit. He's been class on the wing recently so get him back out there.

All that being said, I wouldn't be too disappointed if we set up in the same 4-3-3 as we did yesterday, as poor as we were in that first half. The manager just can't seem to hack anything other than 4-4-2, though. :undecided:

Davide Liability out, please. Haidara deserves a crack now.

I agree with this actually. We can't really afford HBA on the wing against the best attacking side in the league. Still he has to play though. Haidara or MYM on leftback is also understandable. Really hard team to decide though and I trust in whatever AP decides.

Hopefully we will have a decent atmosphere, been so poor of late and here we are in such good form.

Thought it was areet yesterday but definitely a case of the team / incidents in the match getting the crowd going rather than the crowd affecting matters much.

Haidara proved himself the other day like... in the easiest possible scenario for any footballer to come into. Dropping him into a game against Arsenal is not something I'd be doing. People are going way overboard in praising him and doing the opposite in criticising Santon.

Haidara proved himself the other day like... in the easiest possible scenario for any footballer to come into. Dropping him into a game against Arsenal is not something I'd be doing. People are going way overboard in praising him and doing the opposite in criticising Santon.

I thought Haidara was excellent when he came on but I wouldn't start him on Sunday.  He's learning his game and will learn more coming on when things are going for us than he will starting in a tough game at this stage in his career.

I'll be satisfied with anything that doesn't break our spirit. No heavy defeats or last minute defeats. Anything where we've made a good account of ourselves and can take something into the WBA match is satisfactory.

:thup:

We're on a great run, let's keep it going for as long as possible. Even if we would lose to Arsenal while making a good account of us isn't the end of the world.

Pardew has a real selection problem to deal with, Tiote has to come back in for this, but it would be harsh as fuck dropping Ben Arfa after the game he had against Stoke.

I don't know, we're not going down in a million years, we're miles clear of 10th, I hope we're now seriously looking at getting in amongst Arsenal in the table come the end of the season. Would hate for the season to become a damp squib around February with us miles off 6th and relegation.