The Return of Terraces ("safe standing")?

Guest pricedoutoftoon

I really hope y'all can get safe standing over there. When I was in Orlando and caught a match at the new stadium is has an entire end of the ground that is safe standing and the atmosphere - even in the US - is amazing.

I was born in 89 after the Hillsbrough disaster, and only got really interested in football and started going to games in the SBR era. So for a long time I never really understood the desire for terracing, then I started going to away games where everyone ingnores the no standing rule, almost like it's allowed for away fans. So why don't clubs start with letting away fans stand? Surely this way the teams who take power away allocations will see an increase in demand for away tickets and then as away fans start to make some more noise clubs will have more of an urgency about them to push it through so their home fans can be more vocal.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest chopey

When I was at school in the 80's we had an old teacher who always said that working class people need a sounding box, a release, and that is a football terrace, things should be said there and left there, standing will definatly bring that back.

When I was at school in the 80's we had an old teacher who always said that working class people need a sounding box, a release, and that is a football terrace, things should be said there and left there, standing will definatly bring that back.

Your teacher sounds like a dick. Instead of telling kids working class people need a release, maybe he should have asked them to ask why they need a release and if they can change it so they don't need to have a release.

Safe standing will never bring back the freedom of walking or moving where you want or shifting if shit got real like a banger around bonfire night but it's a happy medium for the health and safety brigade. 

I will die happy knowing that ive lived through the days of a goal being scored and the adrenalin rush of being taken wherever the crowd wanted me to end up or the addiction to a type of fear that being in the scoreboard or corner had back in the day.    Hey man hoo man is a phrase that is well remembered but as a young un back in the day, it was a fearful phrase that is better 'reminisced' now.

• 8 months later...

Fairly certain Shrewsbury Town have rail seats/have plans for rail seats and West Brom could very well be in the same league as them next season.

I read the same tweet.

However if Shrewsbury got to the championship, would they have to replace standing with seats?

Fairly certain Shrewsbury Town have rail seats/have plans for rail seats and West Brom could very well be in the same league as them next season.

I read the same tweet.

However if Shrewsbury got to the championship, would they have to replace standing with seats?

within a few seasons I think