Newcastle United 0 - 1 Arsenal - 29/12/13 - post-match reaction from page 33

Rich

Yeah the atmosphere was flat again, no one wants to get to excited its all about self preservation with Ashley as owner.

Unless there is a real injustice during the game or we get off to a flyer things are very quiet. Their fans are a disgrace they have nothing to worry about no reason at all not be in party mode evey second they are watching their team.

We deserved a draw for our efforts, but their players are far superior on the ball and that's the difference between the sides.

It was a great free kick for the goal, but Colo's lack of ability and leadership at set pieces was exposed again. Neither he nor Santon took any responsibility for Giroud and it was left to Willo to try and clean up the mess.

We deserved a draw for our efforts, but their players are far superior on the ball and that's the difference between the sides.

It was a great free kick for the goal, but Colo's lack of ability and leadership at set pieces was exposed again. Neither he nor Santon took any responsibility for Giroud and it was left to Willo to try and clean up the mess.

We showed them way to much respect, we compact the midfield and pushed Cabaye forward where imo he is not as effective but also Tiote seems to work better the more space he has around him.

Guest bimpy474

I'm very critical of Pardew but i didn't see us being too defensive or showing them too much respect. I just thought we played like we usually do but they were one step up from the usual teams. For all the focus on Arsenal's play, they are actually a good defensive team when it's needed.

Throw in our usual hope to nick one, well it really didn't look like happening against them. But at no stage did i think we had gone defensive, the last 20 minutes pissed me off as it was the usual, hoof to Shola that doesn't ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever work. Funnily enough the very reason we very rarely come from behind.

I have no idea what we were trying to do for the last 20 minutes! Absolute mess!

4 forwards. Cabaye dropped right back to almost a sweeper, and launched the ball to the forwards/ Ameobi. bypassing the midfield.

I think.

Guest bimpy474

We allowed them to push very high made easier by the fact Remy was all alone but most of the time he dropped deep or was out wide, put a shift in but added no pressure to their back four.

Isn't that what we tend to do quite a bit in home games though, Stoke before the sendings off. Chelsea first half. Numerous others. We do play ok sometimes but we seem despite a decent home record, to let the opposition no matter their level have too much room. Tbf we then tend to nick a lead, but i really wish we play a bit like we did at Palace at home, possession football at least.

Btw with 15mins to go and looking to go gung-ho at a top opponent I didn't have a particular problem with us going more direct and trying to cause some mayhem in and around the box, especially when playing a team that is notorious for struggling with a bit of roughing-up.

The problem was that the only player we had at our disposal for this was Shola Ameobi, bless him.

Oh their fans... shocking pitiful excuse for football fans

But it's very uncouth to be yobbish whilst one is watching the Gooners play squire

Decent performance from us probably deserved a point but we were lacking in the final third of the pitch.

As for their fans town was swamped with the flash mugs last night giving it the big'un. Hope they are trophyless again come the end of May.  :)

Colo was brilliant all afternoon against them tbf. He was a big reason why they had so little joy before that set piece.

We allowed them to push very high made easier by the fact Remy was all alone but most of the time he dropped deep or was out wide, put a shift in but added no pressure to their back four.

Isn't that what we tend to do quite a bit in home games though, Stoke before the sendings off. Chelsea first half. Numerous others. We do play ok sometimes but we seem despite a decent home record, to let the opposition no matter their level have too much room. Tbf we then tend to nick a lead, but i really wish we play a bit like we did at Palace at home, possession football at least.

Not as much as we did today, at times we had no front man and a six man midfield. Their defenders had so much space and time in their own half (well the half way line) we just ended up compacted, Tiote needs space to work so he can turn away and look for the pass. Today he turned and had Anita, Cabaye, Moussa and at times Remy so close to him. Made it very easy for them to apply pressure and win back the ball.

We played ok, probably didn't do enough to win it but harsh to lose. Very similar to the Chelsea game really except Arsenal scored from a soft set piece rather than conceding.

Other than the 4-4, this fixture is practically the same every year. 0-0 or 1-0 either way in a tight affair. Same old. Arsenal are the same every year aswell, you think they're great to watch, which is true in patches, the rest of the time they are a bunch of play acting cunts. They win every second ball and their shape makes them very difficult to break down - the wingers come infield a lot so the full backs can provide the width. They end up dominating the centre of the park and even if we win it back, there's nowhere to go.

We were far too static moving up the pitch - often a good pass would release Sissoko, Debuchy or Remy down the channels and there wouldn't be anyone else further forwards than the centre circle by the time they looked for a pass.

I didn't think we were 'negative' per se, and we kept the ball in patches quite nicely, but we were a bit too stiff and rigid.

Personally, I think Gouffran looked knackared, Sissoko looked knackared, Remy looked pap and Anita overawed - and this is what got us edged out, despite Debuchy, Colo, Williamson and Tiote all playing really well.