Newcastle United vs Cardiff City (FA Cup R3) - Sat 4th Jan @ 3pm (not on TV)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should Marveaux play and not make an impact then I expect in typical Pardew fashion that he will be dropped with the justification that he 'didn't take his chance', much like his treatment of Ben Arfa. It's laughable that you can play players out of position following a very long absence from first team football and expect them to set the world alight.

But we shouldn't have to worry about that, Obertan to start....

It's a long time until the City game, don't see any reason not to play the full team.

Some of them need a rest. Some of them shouldn't have started the West Brom game. Our squad has barely been rotated all season.

What a shame then that because of Pardew's lack of foresight we will probably be knocked out in the third round again under him.

He bleats on about how much he loves this competition yet he's.never got us past the fourth round :lol:

It's a joke for a club that has won.nowt for 45 years

Imagine if he had rested players vs Arsenal and WBA with the FA Cup in mind :lol: dear me.

Having cup games at the end of this period of games is fkn idiocy but as always it suits the big rich clubs with their huge strength in depth squads.

Imagine if he had rested players vs Arsenal and WBA with the FA Cup in mind :lol: dear me.

Having cup games at the end of this period of games is fkn idiocy but as always it suits the big rich clubs with their huge strength in depth squads.

:rolleyes:

We've had the 3rd round of the FA Cup at this time of year since the competition was first played.

:rolleyes:

We've had the 3rd round of the FA Cup at this time of year since the competition was first played.

I know... still fkn stupid though

Just poeple kicking off over players being rested, of our next league game was the Derby the FA Cup would be dead to us. "play the kids rest every fker"

We play City next a very hard game and sorry but league position counts and we are right up there in the mix.

Sp I have no issue with resting a few for this, as much as I would love cup glory.

I know... still fkn stupid though

Just poeple kicking off over players being rested, of our next league game was the Derby the FA Cup would be dead to us. "play the kids rest every fker"

We play City next a very hard game and sorry but league position counts and we are right up there in the mix.

Sp I have no issue with resting a few for this, as much as I would love cup glory.

Players should be rested, they should have been rested earlier but we've got 8 days to get ready for Man City and 3 players are automatically rested because of injury and a suspension.

I'm going and I'm looking forward to seeing Ben Arfa, Cisse, Yanga-Mbiwa and Haidara play so I'm not bothered about the team being rotated. Most of the players coming into the squad aren't, on paper, a step down from the 'usual' starting 11. Let's hope these players put in a performance which stakes their claim for a starting place in the Premiership team.

I'm going and I'm looking forward to seeing Ben Arfa, Cisse, Yanga-Mbiwa and Haidara play so I'm not bothered about the team being rotated. Most of the players coming into the squad aren't, on paper, a step down from the 'usual' starting 11.

Agree I have no issue with resting players, don't think the team will be as week as some think.

Elliot; Santon, S Taylor, Yanga-Mbiwa, Haidara; Tiote ©, Anita; Ben Arfa, Sissoko, Gouffran; Cisse

Subs: Alnwick, Dummett, Williamson, Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Shola Ameobi, Remy