Remy Cabella

Yaron

Wouldn't even consider Cabella a flop objectively. Didn't even make it into the team with any regularity until Pardew left, and even under Carver he was one of the few players who could've made something happen.

Wouldn't even consider Cabella a flop objectively. Didn't even make it into the team with any regularity until Pardew left, and even under Carver he was one of the few players who could've made something happen.

He's had a couple of promising moments, but come on, he's been dreadful. Could be argued he'd do well under a decent manager, but he looks a bit too lightweight.

It doesn't really matter if it's an Italian surname tbf, no one uses the original pronunciation of Heinze and Coates because they're Argentinian and Uruguayan. Every f***er is going to say it in English, unless they're a commentator and they'll go with the French pronunciation. Going with the Italian version is a bit daft.

Isn't he from Corsica in which case, it would probably be an Italian pronunciation.

Corsica is obviously still France but I get what you're saying.

Why has this discussion about Cabella's surname been brought up like three times? :lol: I hope I'm not stepping on somebody's toes but I don't think I have ever heard an englishman pronounce a foreign persons name correctly if I'm being harsh :lol:

Sandro has been injured all season hasn't he? and Luis wasn't able to displace Azpilicueta which is hardly a crime. Some ropey calls. How can a player "flop" after they've been at the club for several seasons?!

Cabella showed what he was capable in the Arsenal match. With a good manager, he'll come good.

Probably the most used sentence on this forum under Ashley's reign, right after "cunt dead yet?" in reference to a plethora of people employed under the Fat One since.

He does need to bulk up, though. And I know Pardew said that and tbh he's right. The amount of times he was shoved off the ball was ridiculous.

Dare we show the Gouffran gif again vs. Spurs? :lol:

Guest zicomartin

Nobody ever says that about Sterling or Coutinho, though. 

Maybe they are just more convincing at falling over.

Doesn't mean he's a bad player, but his performances have been disappointing this season. He's obviously had extenuating circumstances though.

Hopefully whoever our new manager is will get the best out of him, and having a year to adapt will help him.

He's got a lot of good qualities, just remains to be seen whether he can shape them into regular good outings, or if the bad performances are mainly down to him or mainly down to mismanagement, time will tell.

Never going have an impact as long as we're playing with movement and long balls. The ability is clearly there. Arsenal are under not unaware of the physicality of the league; their movement and passing negates smashing into people most of the time. We clearly don't have that level of quality, though converse we don't coach teams to play a more expansive game either.

• 5 weeks later...

Positive article: "Fuck off will it happen".

Negative article: "That's it then, set it stone".

Must say I'm starting to join the masses in frustration of fuck all going on. I decided I'd give it a while before I start throwing toys out but I expected something concrete to have happened by now.

Never going have an impact as long as we're playing with movement and long balls. The ability is clearly there. Arsenal are under not unaware of the physicality of the league; their movement and passing negates smashing into people most of the time. We clearly don't have that level of quality, though converse we don't coach teams to play a more expansive game either.

I think that's right. I'm not convinced about Cabella yet, but it's difficult to write a player off with the way we play. Our slow passing game and lack of movement means players get closed down a lot easier than if they were playing for a side like Arsenal.

I think that's right. I'm not convinced about Cabella yet, but it's difficult to write a player off with the way we play. Our slow passing game and lack of movement means players get closed down a lot easier than if they were playing for a side like Arsenal.

Yup. It's far harder to stop a team when your defending on the back foot. We are so slow we invite the pressure and end up with a forced error.

Guest palnese

Positive article: "Fuck off will it happen".

It's quite incredible really.

Positive article: "f*** off will it happen".

It's quite incredible really.

It's really not. It's just based on the evidence of the past 8 years that the most negative outcome under Ashley is the usual one. Also out propensity to sell players and not replace them.

I love this place, but its generally hyper negative.

If we'd been turned down by cathro, there'd be a thread pages deep by now, since it looks like he's coming, and appears a real progressive, forward thinking appointment, theres pretty much nowt.