Remy Cabella

Yaron

Can't believe Obertan has out seen Hatem Ben Arfa and Cabella :lol:

That's because no other clubs are interested in signing Obertan.

Well there is that :lol:

Obertan still got a more consistent run of games across his time here. Despite being dog shit. Ah well, good luck Remy.

Awful decision. Cant judge him on last season really. Would've wanted him to get at least another season to show what he has to offer.

The only thing awful about Cabella was his constant failure to not fall over as soon as another player came within 6 feet of him. One reasonable half against Chelsea that was it.

On the subject of players falling over, in Jonas, we arguably had the best player in the league at drawing fouls. Winning freekicks was by far his greatest skill and most useful attribute. He wasn't much good at anything else, especially by the end.

Another one off the 'failure to live up to potential' conveyor belt. Mixture of bad management and being nowhere near as good as expected. It's getting boring now.

You can't give a foreign player one season man. He didn't have the opportunity to live up to his potential. One example that always comes back to me is Robert Pires - he was dreadful in his first season in England. The difference is, Wenger could clearly see the potential for him to improve. Cabellas situation is 100% down to bad management - he can't shoulder any of the blame for me.

He did have some fucking shockers last season in fairness, but I thought that maybe this would be a break out year for him of some sorts ... Ahwell plus I gave him some constructive criticism on snap chat after the game against the mackems and he deleted me so he can go fuck  :lol:

Can't name many players with potential who come to Newcastle and improve.

Graveyard.

Whether they've improved or not I won't argue, but in terms of going on to 'bigger and better', the following few spring to mind:

Ba

Remy (albeit on loan)

Cabaye

Milner

Enrique

Bellamy

I don't really think there's much excuse for players to perform badly now. There was always going to be a problem for technical players under Pardew, but it looks very much like McClaren's a manager who likes passing football, so as long as he puts out reasonably balanced sides, the flair players should have every opportunity to shine.

Graveyard.

Whether they've improved or not I won't argue, but in terms of going on to 'bigger and better', the following few spring to mind:

Ba

Remy (albeit on loan)

Cabaye

Milner

Enrique

Bellamy

Debuchy

Graveyard.

Disagree with you on that.

Actually the opposite where players with potential leave us and don't fulfill their promise.

Bit of both in my opinion. Vianna, Luque, Cabella et al..we have our share of guys with reputations simply not cutting it at the club to varying degrees, as well as some (fewer in my opinion) who have left us and then realised there potential sand some who simply flop everywhere.

Either way we have a very weak record in developing players. Not too many in recent years have gotten better with us...

Wish the lad luck. Tidy and tricky player undoubtedly but think he was maybe too slow/ dwelt too long on the ball for PL? Hope he does well in his career.

Graveyard.

Actually the opposite where players with potential leave us and don't fulfill their promise.

Bit of both in my opinion. Vianna, Luque, Cabella et al..we have our share of guys with reputations simply not cutting it at the club to varying degrees, as well as some (fewer in my opinion) who have left us and then realised there potential sand some who simply flop everywhere.

Either way we have a very weak record in developing players. Not too many in recent years have gotten better with us...

Wish the lad luck. Tidy and tricky player undoubtedly but think he was maybe too slow/ dwelt too long on the ball for PL? Hope he does well in his career.

I reckon as a mid-table PL side (if that's what we class ourselves as) we've probably had more exports to clubs above us than almost any club apart from Southampton in recent years.

I don't really think there's much excuse for players to perform badly now. There was always going to be a problem for technical players under Pardew, but it looks very much like McClaren's a manager who likes passing football, so as long as he puts out reasonably balanced sides, the flair players should have every opportunity to shine.

I don't think it's as basic as that like. He cannot expect to play Obertan, Colback and Anita as 3 of a 5 man midfield and expect us not to be bummed into oblivion, no matter how he wants us to play.

Graveyard.

These 3 would have failed wherever they went in the Premier league, just not good enough physically.

I don't think it's as basic as that like. He cannot expect to play Obertan, Colback and Anita as 3 of a 5 man midfield and expect us not to be bummed into oblivion, no matter how he wants us to play.

Yeah which is why I put in the proviso of him playing a balanced side. He's still going with two defensive midfielders at the moment and that is overkill for me. But I assume that at some point he'll change that if it's not working.

Graveyard.

These 3 would have failed wherever they went in the Premier league, just not good enough physically.

Viana was a bairn when he joined us and only in his early 20s when he left, there's nowt wrong with him physically.

Not sure on Cabella mind, I don't think he was a write off by any stretch of the imagination.

again I think the forced loan thing is nuts. Just like with Santon and MYM we should be having a right of refusal or recall after loan if the player played brilliantly or we are in need of player after loan is up due to other deals or injuries.