Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Really heartening to see so many long termers bailing. :thup: I hope a big money (i.e. the standard price of £30m that it apparently takes to buy a half decent PL player now) signing doesn't tempt some back later this month.

Nope. Funnily enough, I was talking to a bloke who works at our place who said 'if we get a few wins in a row ( as if!  :lol: ) would I be back.

He's missed the point, tbh. Most of us have seen enough shite and still gone back for this to be nothing about the quality of the football or about the quality of the players. Let's be honest, if cancelling was about that we'd be, well, sunderland, wouldn't we.

Cancelled my direct debit on Monday. I'm also on a ten year deal. As I've said on here before I paid for my season ticket in full back in March, tried to get a refund off the bank, no luck, so tried the club, no chance. Told them to cancel all future direct debits and I'll have to take the hit on next seasons season  ticket. It'll be an empty seat.

27 years of having a season ticket, gone. I was canny gutted on Monday to be honest. But has to be done.

Fair play mate. That's a bigger hit than most will have taken but you've done it for the right reasons. He's there as long as we are there. An empty ground sees him gone as then there's no football club for him to own once that happens.

Let's just hope a lot more do. Need it under 30k at game to make a impact I reckon

That cunt off Newcastle fans tv reckons there will be 45k excited fans as the Arsenal game the scab Cunt. On about giving Bruce a clean slate too. I know they are wankers but there are plenty more like them unfortunately

Cancelled my direct debit on Monday. I'm also on a ten year deal. As I've said on here before I paid for my season ticket in full back in March, tried to get a refund off the bank, no luck, so tried the club, no chance. Told them to cancel all future direct debits and I'll have to take the hit on next seasons season  ticket. It'll be an empty seat.

27 years of having a season ticket, gone. I was canny gutted on Monday to be honest. But has to be done.

Did you just email them to say you had cancelled DD for season ticket number XXX?

I just told them to cancel it. They emailed me back to say that my 20/21 season ticket was cancelled.

Really heartening to see so many long termers bailing. :thup: I hope a big money (i.e. the standard price of £30m that it apparently takes to buy a half decent PL player now) signing doesn't tempt some back later this month.

Nope. Funnily enough, I was talking to a bloke who works at our place who said 'if we get a few wins in a row ( as if!  :lol: ) would I be back.

He's missed the point, tbh. Most of us have seen enough shite and still gone back for this to be nothing about the quality of the football or about the quality of the players. Let's be honest, if cancelling was about that we'd be, well, sunderland, wouldn't we.

Exactly, it's about trying to do sport or not trying to do sport. We don't try to do sport.

Let's just hope a lot more do. Need it under 30k at game to make a impact I reckon

That cunt off Newcastle fans tv reckons there will be 45k excited fans as the Arsenal game the scab Cunt. On about giving Bruce a clean slate too. I know they are wankers but there are plenty more like them unfortunately

Fuck Steve bruce. Fuck anyone that stepped into that position.

People are not seeing the bigger picture and arguing about the name in the hot seat.

Bruce is going to get the exact same treatment that EVERY manager in Ashley's tenure has had. And in his case, he hasn't got much good will going his way for a start.

Honestly do people like that even understand what’s going on? Who gives a flying fuck about giving Steve Bruce a chance? Who gives a flying fuck if he “does well”, and “ gets off to a good start”? Twelve years, twelve long fucking years we’ve put up with this shit. Twelve years this leech, has been sucking us dry. Anytime we’ve had anything good, to cherish, enjoy or be proud  off, he’s ripped it from us and embarrassed us time and time again. Steve Bruce is largely irrelevant but it really pisses me off , the thought of having to give this two faced, selfish, disloyal people, gammon, “ a chance to turn things round”.

The number one question every fan should be asking is “ How do we increase the chances of getting rid of this parasite”. And not “ I wonder if Bruce will keep us up this season”. We’re waaaaaay past that shite.

Could loyalty points be something that could potentially be taken up with new owners? Seems to be a sticking point for a lot of people (understandably). Surely they're still tied to the club's database somewhere?

Hope so. The Trust have something on their website where you can upload your name, supporter number and the date you cancelled (alongside a photo) so can only presume they’d use this if (huge if) we ever get taken over. Basically my entire family and all of my friends bar 1 have packed it. God only knows how many points between us and I echo what others have said about it hurting, it fucking killed me. But I won’t be back until Ashley is gone. Hopefully soon so my boy can one day have the same experience I had with my Dad, but with him being 2 now I very much doubt it.

It honestly broke my heart but what can you do. As a supporter it isn’t just about being loyal or going for a piss up. It’s about dreaming of a day at Wembley. It’s about trying to challenge the big boys. Look forward of going to Europe with family and friends. There’s nothing really like SJP under the lights. One man has completely detached a fan base, an entire city from the beating heart which is Newcastle United. I know I keep saying it but it’s absolutely depressing that we will lose generations, probably my own son, because of Ashley.

I realise I’ve only just given it up with a huge heavy heart, but I do feel if anybody still goes you’re part of a huge problem. No disrespect to those that don’t it has just killed me.

Apologies for the long boring post. Good to see so many like me. We are doing the right thing.

I honestly think Ashley will make it so you lose your loyalty points out of spite, probably start giving those who renewed extra points as well.

I think if you keep a membership with the club (£40 a year) then you get to keep your loyalty points. I know it goes against the whole ‘not a penny more’ argument, but I wouldn’t blame those with large amounts of points buying a membership in order to keep them.

Honestly do people like that even understand what’s going on? Who gives a flying fuck about giving Steve Bruce a chance? Who gives a flying fuck if he “does well”, and “ gets off to a good start”? Twelve years, twelve long fucking years we’ve put up with this shit. Twelve years this leech, has been sucking us dry. Anytime we’ve had anything good, to cherish, enjoy or be proud  off, he’s ripped it from us and embarrassed us time and time again. Steve Bruce is largely irrelevant but it really pisses me off , the thought of having to give this two faced, selfish, disloyal people, gammon, “ a chance to turn things round”.

The number one question every fan should be asking is “ How do we increase the chances of getting rid of this parasite”. And not “ I wonder if Bruce will keep us up this season”. We’re waaaaaay past that shite.

:indi:

Guest covmag

I’ve been a season ticket holder 3 weeks before KK came, I stopped going last season but I’d already paid, this season is the first time I’ve not renewed since KK , I can’t abide the club as it is.

I now have spent the money on a Warwick races membership, my new hobby.Fuck SD UNITED , I didn’t even look at the score today, I saw it on FB and I felt nothing, nothing, I used get excited coming to the match but this cunt has beaten it out of me.

I remember walking to the ground from Wallsend on Boxing Day as there was no buses, that’s how much I loved NUFC, I walked back too.

Now I wouldn’t be seen dead in the place, sad. :'(

have to own up.

i'm ashamed and disgusted with myself.

i have let my youngest talk me into renewing his season ticket and have not cancelled mine.

i just feel numb as if i've done something terrible (which i have). feel sick.

this feels shit.

Could loyalty points be something that could potentially be taken up with new owners? Seems to be a sticking point for a lot of people (understandably). Surely they're still tied to the club's database somewhere?

Yes - we (NUST) launched a campaign for exactly this earlier this year. See: https://nufctrust.co.uk/loyalty-points/

See text below.

At the end of January hundreds of loyal Newcastle United supporters took the decision to end their relationship with their football club in the form of cancelling direct debits which pays for the season ticket. Thousands of others have been forced into this decision over the years because of decisions made by the owner of the club.

Currently Newcastle United operates without transparency. Communication from the owner and the Managing Director is negligible and very few fans feel confident in the future of the club under its current owner.

At the Newcastle United Trust we remain open to working with Newcastle United to become a community orientated football club which is run in the interests of supporters, not the owner or his other business interests. We would like to begin dialogue with the club and aid the people running it as much as we can.

The club to date has shown no interest in working with us, but we remain hopeful that should the club be sold in the near or distant future that new owners would be keen to engage with the Supporters Trust and its members for the good of Newcastle United and its supporters. With this in mind the newly installed Supporters Trust board would urge fans who have cancelled season tickets to send proof of loyalty points to the Supporters Trust. In the event that the club was sold the Supporters Trust will lobby the new ownership to reinstate loyalty points of fans willing to return to the club.

While there are no guarantees of new owners in the near future for any football club, it would be hoped that the loyalty of supporters would be recognised by a new owner willing to communicate with the fan base for the good of the football club.

Honestly do people like that even understand what’s going on? Who gives a flying f*** about giving Steve Bruce a chance? Who gives a flying f*** if he “does well”, and “ gets off to a good start”? Twelve years, twelve long f***ing years we’ve put up with this s***. Twelve years this leech, has been sucking us dry. Anytime we’ve had anything good, to cherish, enjoy or be proud  off, he’s ripped it from us and embarrassed us time and time again. Steve Bruce is largely irrelevant but it really pisses me off , the thought of having to give this two faced, selfish, disloyal people, gammon, “ a chance to turn things round”.

The number one question every fan should be asking is “ How do we increase the chances of getting rid of this parasite”. And not “ I wonder if Bruce will keep us up this season”. We’re waaaaaay past that s****.

tenor.gif

I haven't got kids but i'm pretty sure i'd just tell them they aren't going right now because the owner is a nasty man, or such like, i'd want them to have the opportunity of seeing a competetive team and for that to happen EVERYONE needs to jack it.

Kids, elderly, everyone.

Did you just email them to say you had cancelled DD for season ticket number XXX?

I just told them to cancel it. They emailed me back to say that my 20/21 season ticket was cancelled.

If you told them to cancel it then they can sell the seat again.  Have you looked on the stadium plan to see if it's been released yet?

I'm gutted at having to flush £300 that I've already lined Ashley's pocket with but I refuse to give that man 1p more of my hard earned cash.  I'm done.

IMO the only thing that will get rid of him is when there is nothing left of the club to fleece.  That means League 1 - TV money is gone, gates massively down and no vehicle to push his horrible SD brand.  As painful as it would be to see the club demise in that way it'd be worth it to get rid of the man.