West Ham United vs Newcastle United - Sat 18th Jan @ 3.00pm

joeyt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No reason why we can't go there and win but I just don't think we will. West Ham winning last weekend will mean they target this as one of their remaining 'must win' games and they'll go for it. New striker making his debut for them possibly and the return of Carroll means it won't be any finesse football, they'll fucking belt it at every opportunity and I think we'll cave in eventually.

Which new striker?

Traore. Had his work permit approved today.

Pretty sure he did anyway.

edit: may have jumped the gun a little, can't see official confirmation yet but it's in the pipeline and/or done. :thup:

West Ham have been awful for most of the season, but with Carroll back in the team it will be a tough game. I expect us to dominate possession but we'll probably not do much with it, so a point is probably going to be a good result all things considered. But we really should be winning it.

First away game of the season for me as well, can't wait. Hatem has to come in for Sissoko in this, their makeshift defence wouldn't be able to cope with him.

Got an awful feeling he'll play Shola up top with Remy.

Got my ticket and 5 others so should be a great weekend... Think we'll score but not sure of a clean sheet...

keep off the lager and curry then.

As I posted that I wondered who would be the first to go route one... :lol:

I thought Traore had signed for Monaco?

I'm off to this. Looking forward to it despite my shite away record.

He did, only for them to agree to loan him to West Ham immediately!

Looks like it's all but done. Potential for pairing 6'4" Carroll with 6'8" Traore up top against Williamson and Taylor.

Don't like the sound of that. 

Guest bimpy474

He did, and now he might sign for these thick as pig shitters.

Guest bimpy474

He did, only for them to agree to loan him to West Ham immediately!

Looks like it's all but done. Potential for pairing 6'4" Carroll with 6'8" Traore up top against Williamson and Taylor.

Don't like the sound of that. 

Neither does the poor ball.

Taylor and Willo are probably the best players to deal with such a threat anyway, tbh. Mapou and Colo are obviously better footballers and better on the groud but they're the last CBs you want marking big strikers on set pieces, which is why Sissoko - who's poor in the air himself - ends up doing it.

Just need to keep the ball,  be patient, don't give away anything in our third and we'll win.

Taylor and Willo are probably the best players to deal with such a threat anyway, tbh. Mapou and Colo are obviously better footballers and better on the groud but they're the last CBs you want marking big strikers on set pieces, which is why Sissoko - who's poor in the air himself - ends up doing it.

Just need to keep the ball,  be patient, don't give away anything in our third and we'll win.

This is the problem for me.

I fear the big lads will simply wear us down over the course of the 90 minutes. They may not win everything in the air but their sheer presence will cause us problems. I don't think for a second that West Ham are a better team than us but if we don't deal with their strikers then we'll lose imo.