West Ham United vs Newcastle United - Sat 18th Jan @ 3.00pm

joeyt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can imagine Pardew will be spending a mental amount of time on what to do about Carroll and the lanky lamppost they've just loaned.

We're better than them, why cant we just pass the cunts to death and score a few goals while we're at it.

Especially when you consider that they are a long ball team so they will be giving up possession by default.

That is exactly what I was getting at, we will have lots of possession if we don't play blooter ball ourselves.

:llorente?:

I think the next two games could well shape our season. This seems to have gone quite similar to 2 years ago where we started well, had a blip around the new year, then went on a fantastic run to finish 5th. If we can get 4 points from the next two games, it could set us up for a decent finish, but if we get poor results I think we'll struggle to finish in the top 10.

Krul

Yanga-Mbiwa Williamson Taylor Santon

Tiote

Cabaye      Anita

Ben Arfa                                  Remy

Gouffran

Krul

Yanga-Mbiwa Williamson Taylor Santon

Tiote

Cabaye      Anita

Ben Arfa                                  Remy

Gouffran

My preferred option as well, although maybe with Haidara at LB and Santon at RB. I don't like Mapou that much as a fullback.

We are neither too close to the bottom or close enough to the top to make this game a must win. But in terms of intent and ambition, we really need to stop the slide here and pick up a win. I don't think we'll do it though, West Ham got a great result last week and with Carroll back they'll be hoping they've turned the corner now. I don't think Pardew will get his tactics right, he'll play like West Brom all over again, and hope for a 1-0 but end up with a 0-1.

'Newcastle are neither too close to the bottom or close enough to the top to make this game a must win. But in terms of intent and ambition,  they really need to stop the slide here and pick up a win. I don't think they'll do it though, West Ham got a great result last week and with Carroll back they'll be hoping they've turned the corner now. I expect Sam Allardyce to win the tactical battle 1-0.'

I have no idea why I bothered to do that.

'Newcastle are neither too close to the bottom or close enough to the top to make this game a must win. But in terms of intent and ambition,  they really need to stop the slide here and pick up a win. I don't think they'll do it though, West Ham got a great result last week and with Carroll back they'll be hoping they've turned the corner now. I expect Sam Allardyce to win the tactical battle 1-0.'

I have no idea why I bothered to do that.

LOL, I laughed, reading back it does sound very much like something he would say, perhaps I'm turning into to him as I get older, fuck me :(

The players are off to Dubai after the game, so it looks like going out of the FA cup early had its benefits..................for the players and staff at least.

The players are off to Dubai after the game, so it looks like going out of the FA cup early had its benefits..................for the players and staff at least.

Good to know our players will be so well rested with this vacation and no pesky cup games to drain them of their strength. It's a shame they have to do all that travelling though, we know what a problem that was in Europe.

Not confident about this one at all.  Fat Sam has a good record against us since we put him on a train south bound.  From previous games we've always seemed to play in to his hands by stooping down to his level of football.  If we can be patient and keep to our gameplan (ha, couldn't type that without bursting out laughing) then we've got a chance. 

Will be:

Krul

Yanga-M'Biwa Williamson Taylor Santon

Sissoko Cabaye Tioté Gouffran

Rémy Shola

I want to see;

Krul

Santon Williamson Yanga-M'Biwa Haïdara

Tioté Cabaye Anita

Ben Arfa Rémy Gouffran

Not confident about this one at all.  Fat Sam has a good record against us since we put him on a train south bound.  From previous games we've always seemed to play in to his hands by stooping down to his level of football.  If we can be patient and keep to our gameplan (ha, couldn't type that without bursting out laughing) then we've got a chance. 

Do they have much pace in their side? As we'll have plenty of the ball we could probably push the defenders up to play the offside trap and isolate Carroll.