The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

It was very difficult for Arsenal to get any passing game going. I'm not sure I've seen a better side than Bayern at closing down the opposition all over the pitch.

God its only been two years and Pep's Barca have been forgotten already....

It was very difficult for Arsenal to get any passing game going. I'm not sure I've seen a better side than Bayern at closing down the opposition all over the pitch.

:lol: It's Cronky, man. He's probably forgotten where his teeth are twice in the last two minutes.

:lol: It's Cronky, man. He's probably forgotten where his teeth are twice in the last two minutes.

:lol:

"In the end, it'll be like Barca: unwatchable. They will pass the ball back even on the goal-line". Don't know if anybody saw this quote from Beckenbauer last night about Bayern. I have to agree with him on this

"In the end, it'll be like Barca: unwatchable. They will pass the ball back even on the goal-line". Don't know if anybody saw this quote from Beckenbauer last night about Bayern. I have to agree with him on this

Watching your team dominate possession, playing great football and constantly winning trophies.  A truly horrifying thought.

It's one of the most stupid criticisms of Barca that there is, and it's also not true.

If they just passed the ball about the backline and middle of the park they wouldn't be destroying one of England's best sides 2-0 in their own back yard.

I've not forgotten Barca. But Bayern look, at the least, just as effective.

Is Stelling having a laugh with the, "15 years ago Man City lost at home to Oldham and were 6th in the 3rd tier, so they've made great progress"? ???

It's not like the Swansea or Wigan stories where they've made their way up from close to going out of the Football League.

I'm not buying this talk about a "crisis" at Barca. Their era of dominance was remarkable and a result of many factors that don't come about too often. Of course it couldn't last forever. A change and a new direction was inevitable. I like the fact that they're now variying their play to a greater extent, can be more direct when required and not seeing possession as an end in itself.