The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

It was a penalty.

No chance

What part of the ball did Lovren get and did he make contact with Osman? May be soft but it was a penalty.

Would Osman have been able to catch the ball whether Lovren made contact or not?

I haven't seen this incident but a few weeks back when Sagna caught Jarvis in the area and Jarvis never went down, the ref never gave the pen? If you feel contact, you should dive imo, even if you can't, as the ref will rarely reward you a freekick/pen otheriwse.

It was a penalty.

No chance

What part of the ball did Lovren get and did he make contact with Osman? May be soft but it was a penalty.

Would Osman have been able to catch the ball whether Lovren made contact or not?

Doesn't matter, I also agree that Osman was looking to go down but that was because he saw the challenge coming. There was a WH player the other week who had a nailed on penalty ignored against Arsenal coz he stated on his feet. If there wasn't any contact with Osman then it's bookable otherwise it's a penalty imo

There was a WH player the other week who had a nailed on penalty ignored against Arsenal coz he stated on his feet

Sagna caught Jarvis, changed my opinion on dives, i'm all for them now. Not just a bad decision, i don't think many refs would have pointed to the spot.

Doesn't matter, I also agree that Osman was looking to go down but that was because he saw the challenge coming. There was a WH player the other week who had a nailed on penalty ignored against Arsenal coz he stated on his feet. If there wasn't any contact with Osman then it's bookable otherwise it's a penalty imo

If a player sees a challenge coming, there is simply no excuse for them not to make an effort to avoid it. Osman made no effort to jump the challenge. Dive.

It was a penalty.

No chance

If he's dived because he knows he can't catch the ball then what the fuck is Football coming to if we think that deserves to be a pen? ???

Shame Swansea had that massive dip otherwise they'd be candidates to finish above us.

They were absolutely shit against us

They were but they'll have a bit of confidence behind them now, as I said without that huge dip they'd probably be a doing a bit better.