Other clubs' transfers

TBG

It's nearly win-win really, go to big club and succeed - you win, go to big club and fail - you get a move back to suitable level club after picking up 'big club' experience and oodles of extra cash.

Chelsea will sell Lukaku and then buy him for more than double five years later.

It'll be a shock if this doesn't happen tbh.

It's 100 percent gonna happen.

From what I've read about Omeruo he could be playing at a higher level than the Championship consistently.

Mourinho doing favours for his mate.

From what I've heard he was great there last season and I thought he was decent during the WC.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Lovren to Liverpool for £20m supposed to be sorted within the next couple of days.

Also Ospina to Arsenal for £4m.

Guest neesy111

Lovren to Liverpool for £20m supposed to be sorted within the next couple of days.

Mental price.

From what I've read about Omeruo he could be playing at a higher level than the Championship consistently.

Mourinho doing favours for his mate.

From what I've heard he was great there last season and I thought he was decent during the WC.

It is annoying and he is better than the Championship. He's shown his class and ability for his country while also excelling at every level at which he's played. Should be testing himself in France or at a lower PL side, if Chelsea don't want to give him matches.

Boro should be strong defensively. I think Ben Gibson is also a player who will be above that level quite soon.

Benzema

Ronaldo              James              Bale

Kroos      Khedira

???

Weaker than last seasons team, i expect that to be scoffed at but this isn't Fifa and the best teams will exploit the lack of defensive cover.

Last season's transfer policy was a step in the right direction. Isco, Bale, Illa, Carvahal but I don't like their business this season. Alonso needs replacing & Illa didn't look likely to make that step but he deserved a proper chance at it. Isco had a good season, why get another #10 when the formation deployed for most of the season didn't even include one?

Also Ospina to Arsenal for £4m.

so thats what £75m in for Southampton this summer with maybe schneiderlin on his way too. Thats a big hole in the first team to replace with everyone knowing they have shitloads to spend and the subsequent increases in prices when they come looking for players.

Guest VanBarduck

Weaker than last seasons team, i expect that to be scoffed at but this isn't Fifa and the best teams will exploit the lack of defensive cover.

:yao:

Alonso hates playing on his own at the base of midfield as well, obviously not being an all-action chasing type of defensive midfielder whatsoever he prefers to dictate play while his partner wins the ball back. Their imbalance might turn out quite funny, if they end up getting peppered at the back by a weaker team at home or something.

Benzema is out of his depth at Madrid.

I wouldn't quite say that. He's the best in the world at what he does, his role is just a limited one that will often be rendered pretty obsolete at the absolute top level.

Not sure about Lovren for 16M pounds (20 Euros) , but that's surely the end of either Skrtel/Agger. Not exactly sure which one will go, but there is simply too many centre backs on the books now. Wouldn't be surprised if someone like Kolo Toure ended up at Newcastle/Sunderland as utility squad player for free.

Not sure about Lovren for 16M pounds (20 Euros) , but that's surely the end of either Skrtel/Agger. Not exactly sure which one will go, but there is simply too many centre backs on the books now. Wouldn't be surprised if someone like Kolo Toure ended up at Newcastle/Sunderland as utility squad player for free.

Can't see us going for Toure at all, far from our kind of signing, even on a free.

That aside, don't see the logic in paying out THAT much for a CB when Liverpool already have Skrtel, Agger and Sakho.

Liverpool have bought Remy, Llana, Markovic, Emre Can and Lambert and that still leaves a bit leftover from the Suarez money.

That's sickening. They can really afford to splurge this summer, as they've hardly used funds outside of what Suarez is bringing in.

I think Coutinho may be asked to step up this season. Not saying he's anywhere near the level Suarez is obviously, but I think he's good enough to make a decent fist of it.

Spurs bought a ton of players from outside the league who needed some time, and they also needed a manager that was stable in the head. Not the paranoid Portuguese, or the ranting wideboy. I wouldn't write those players off yet!

Liverpool are in a much better place than Spurs, as their manager has been there for a few seasons now, and after last season, is in a very stable, strong position. They've also been smart in getting some players who have performed in the prem already in Remy and Llana.

Don't think it will be anything like Spurs tbh.

You can grow as a club while not completely replacing  a single outstanding individual. They are not going to find anybody as influential as Suárez for that position, so why not just get somebody capable in there, and look to build strength elsewhere?