Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Cuadrado in for Schurrle (BVB/Wolfsburg) and Salah (loan to Fiorentina) seems to be in motion. Can't say I see the point.

Cuadrado like to get stuck-in doesn't he? He's not the most tactically defensively aware the few times i've seen him but he'll not shirk a challenge.

Schurrle/Salah aren't about that life.

Cuadrado is a slightly better version of Willian. Don't see the point of selling Schurrle though, basically their goal threat off the bench.

But that tackle.

I was ready to call Cuadrado the Colombian Willian but then I saw his goal record which was very impressive last season.

CL semi final

Matic - Mikel

Willian - Fabregas - Cuadrado

Costa

Cuadrado in for Schurrle (BVB/Wolfsburg) and Salah (loan to Fiorentina) seems to be in motion. Can't say I see the point.

Cuadrado like to get stuck-in doesn't he? He's not the most tactically defensively aware the few times i've seen him but he'll not shirk a challenge.

Cuadrado is a slightly better version of Willian. Don't see the point of selling Schurrle though, basically their goal threat off the bench.

I wouldn't say he's better than Willian in possession, which is the reason why I think Mourinho preferred Willian to Schuerrle (better passing, vision, ball control). I can only think Chelsea have done this to get another bonafide winger to go with Hazard. Someone who can dribble and go past defenders easily, rather than a striker-adapted-to-winger which is what Schuerrle is - really hope that he now goes back to playing as a striker like he did in Mainz.

Colombian Willian :lol: has anyone actually watched Cuadrado? He's on another planet.

I have and do. And he's definitely not on another planet. He's more of a goal threat but he'll offer exactly what Willian does, balance on that right side with little freedom to attack like a winger should when Mourinho has turned him around just like he did with Willian. If anything Willians performances at Shakthar were more impressive when they played in the CL than Cuadrados has ever been for Fiorentina.

I agree with Mole though, he's not a good defender at all, but his speed and stamina has made his coach in Colombia play him further back than he really should. Guy can't tackle and has a bad positional sense. Still will be very surprised if Cuadrado isn't used the same way Willian is used.

Schurrle has been fairly rubbish for Chelsea, tbh. Doesn't do defensive work, hasn't been scoring and isn't really beating his man or being creative. A very good player, but a poor fit. Salah is significantly worse than Atsu and Moses (whom Chelsea own), imo. I have no idea why he was signed in the first place.

But that tackle.

I was ready to call Cuadrado the Colombian Willian but then I saw his goal record which was very impressive last season.

CL semi final

Matic - Mikel

Willian - Fabregas - Cuadrado

Costa

No Hazard? :lol:

Colombian Willian :lol: has anyone actually watched Cuadrado? He's on another planet.

I have and do. And he's definitely not on another planet. He's more of a goal threat but he'll offer exactly what Willian does, balance on that right side with little freedom to attack like a winger should when Mourinho has turned him around just like he did with Willian. If anything Willians performances at Shakthar were more impressive when they played in the CL than Cuadrados has ever been for Fiorentina.

I agree with Mole though, he's not a good defender at all, but his speed and stamina has made his coach in Colombia play him further back than he really should. Guy can't tackle and has a bad positional sense. Still will be very surprised if Cuadrado isn't used the same way Willian is used.

I can't vouch for the Fiorentina stuff but Willian was electric for Shakhtar :thup:

what's going on with Schurlle then?  he was amazing at the world cup as a sub and i thought he'd come back this summer and kick on to be amazing?

It's quite simple really, if he's not getting in positions to score in and around the 6 yard box he provides next to nothing.

Cuadrado is a lot better at creating for himself and for others.

Think TCD was just referring to a typical Mourinho eleven :lol:

These people love to talk about me without engaging their brains.

I'd be genuinely surprised if Cuadrado provides as much fret as he seemingly has for Fiorentina for Chelsea.

I can think of a number of attacking wide players Mourinho has shackled. Even some central midfielders.

I'd be genuinely surprised if Cuadrado provides as much fret as he seemingly has for Fiorentina for Chelsea.

I can think of a number of attacking wide players Mourinho has shackled. Even some central midfielders.

:thup: It's a shame, but at the same time it seems to be working especially this season with the balance he's found in midfield despite having Fabregas in there. Oscar and Willian are hard workers and despite Cuadrado being offensively in better form than Willian I'll be surprised if Mourinho doesn't play him the same way or move Fabregas further up the field.

:thup: It's a shame, but at the same time it seems to be working especially this season with the balance he's found in midfield despite having Fabregas in there. Oscar and Willian are hard workers and despite Cuadrado being offensively in better form than Willian I'll be surprised if Mourinho doesn't play him the same way or move Fabregas further up the field.

Fabregas is genuinely a defensive liability at CM against good opponents.

Curdrado plays on the right.

I must be the only one who thinks Schurrle is nondescript garbage

This. Whenever I watch him, he just seems to be really average at the vast majority of things. I really like Cuadrado, mind, I think he'd be class over here.

Garbage is obvs too strong, but he doesn't do much other than make decent runs and score the odd goal from out wide. 30 million seems mental to me.

Curdrado plays on the right.

Never heard of him.