Other clubs' transfers

TBG

That Andre Gomes lad is going to Barca.

Weren't Madrid quoted 60m for him? I don't get the hype.

Aye, apparently Juventus were in as well. Can't say I have ever seen him play out of odd tidbits at the Euros myself.

Fantastic player in my opinion, such a classy player. Very young still so with Iniesta declining slowly and getting older he's going to get plenty of chances in that midfield and is definitely going to be one of the best midfielders in the world in the near future. If not I'll be disappointed.

Sunderland step up interest in Micah Richards and he has a £5 mil release clause.

Would be a proper classic Sunderland trasnfer that

They are after Lescott as well from what I understand.

Do they ever learn?

Sunderland step up interest in Micah Richards and he has a £5 mil release clause.

Would be a proper classic Sunderland transfer that

If Villa get £5m for him it's the best piece of business all summer.

Why the fuck would anyone sign Micah Richards? And for money?

Life of Brian scenario when the mackems ask how much Villa want for Richards and they say that the buy out clause is £5m and they accept it straight away and Villa are wondering why the fuck they wouldn't haggle that price :lol:

Aye, apparently Juventus were in as well. Can't say I have ever seen him play out of odd tidbits at the Euros myself.

Fantastic player in my opinion, such a classy player. Very young still so with Iniesta declining slowly and getting older he's going to get plenty of chances in that midfield and is definitely going to be one of the best midfielders in the world in the near future. If not I'll be disappointed.

Agree - really like Andre Gomes, very classy and smooth on the ball. He's tall as well but like the way he drives forward with the ball at his feet and such great technique - think he's the perfect fit for that Barcelona midfield.

Agree - really like Andre Gomes, very classy and smooth on the ball. He's tall as well but like the way he drives forward with the ball at his feet and such great technique - think he's the perfect fit for that Barcelona midfield.

I mean, I can't decide if he's great or just elegant. Love his style of play, like you say, he drives with the ball with a very different way to others. Just elegant. Not going to say he's ever going to be in the same mould as Zidane, or that their style is identical. But he has some traits like his height and elegance on the ball which sometimes reminds me a lot of Zidane.

Would be a proper classic Sunderland transfer that

If Villa get £5m for him it's the best piece of business all summer.

Why the f*** would anyone sign Micah Richards? And for money?

Life of Brian scenario when the mackems ask how much Villa want for Richards and they say that the buy out clause is £5m and they accept it straight away and Villa are wondering why the f*** they wouldn't haggle that price :lol:

:lol: Or they go Alan Partridge and just offer £4.9m as their haggling price.

How come Arda hasn't really had a look in VI? Problems adapting? Or just not very good?

Problems adapting. The whole 6 month forced holiday was terrible business. Neither him and Vidal never looked like getting going.

It seemed that Lucho was going to give him this season to see if he could get back to his best, which is why I am surprised to see us splurging so much cash for another midfielder. But I like Gomes; he's also young so I believe he can grow a lot as a player.

Haven't seen that Gomes play for Valencia, but he was really poor for Portugal at the euros. What are his strengths that would suit Barcelona?

What I like about him, besides his technique and ball control, is the fact that he's pretty physical. Luís Suárez is the only attacking player at Barça who's also a physical presence, and he uses that to magnificent effect. We can use more of that.

Haven't seen that Gomes play for Valencia, but he was really poor for Portugal at the euros. What are his strengths that would suit Barcelona?

I don't think you can have been really poor and start every game in midfield for the winners of the tournament

I don't think you can have been really poor and start every game in midfield for the winners of the tournament

He started 4 out of 7 games in the tournament :lol:

And only played over 60 minutes twice

Best not to evaluate players on international tournaments anyway, the amount of players who do well in them each time and then do fuck all during the season doesn't bare thinking about it.

To me it has absolutely zero relevance.

Swansea loaning out Gomis to Marseille but paying half his wages still seems mad. French clubs can't be as skint as they make out

They arn't skint but Premier League clubs have so much more money that they offer players wages that clubs from most leagues can't compete with unless they are an 'elite club'.

He started 4 out of 7 games in the tournament [emoji38]

And only played over 60 minutes twice

Don't let your facts get in the way of my argument. Still didn't look really poor like