Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Will every single transfer be greeted with people shocked at the fee's? How long will it take for people to get used to 20M not actually being that much anymore. Get with the program lads. :lol:

I quite like people saying it's silly money now too. As if spending a few million on a footballer wasnt madness to begin with.

Rumours going around that Dortmund's Dembele is in Manchester and has been in talks with City.

:anguish:

Only buying him to keep him away from other clubs if that's true, considering the options they've already got in the attacking positions.

Will every single transfer be greeted with people shocked at the fee's? How long will it take for people to get used to 20M not actually being that much anymore. Get with the program lads. :lol:

I quite like people saying it's silly money now too. As if spending a few million on a footballer wasnt madness to begin with.

It's only a PL thing.

Just makes our life more difficult doesn't it. We haven't get anyone worth selling for good money, and our owner won't fancy bidding the high amounts we have to.

Athletic have signed a guy from Mali for their youth teams, after he spent two years playing in the Basque low leagues. This has created a bit of a stir among their most purist fans. Are they pushing their homegrown rules?

That's actually quite unprecedented I think.

My children are both half-Basque through their mother, and because they had not grown up in Pais Vasco, they wouldn't be eligible to play for Athletic even through their mother. It wasn't enough alone to be an immediate blood relation of a person born and raised in Pais Vasco.

I admire their club for their strict eligibility policy and the fact they have never been out of the top division in their existence, even spawning Atlético originally as a reserve team. Amazing they're still competitive in today's global market.

Guest neesy111

Sky saying Nathan Ake to Bournemouth for £20 million.

They'll probably just put him on the bench.

Guest neesy111

Sky saying Nathan Ake to Bournemouth for £20 million.

:lol: Imagine if we don't beat our record signing this summer.

Mike Ashley.  :yao:

Athletic have signed a guy from Mali for their youth teams, after he spent two years playing in the Basque low leagues. This has created a bit of a stir among their most purist fans. Are they pushing their homegrown rules?

My children are both half-Basque through their mother, and because they had not grown up in Pais Vasco, they wouldn't be eligible to play for Athletic even through their mother. It wasn't enough alone to be an immediate blood relation of a person born and raised in Pais Vasco.

I admire their club for their strict eligibility policy and the fact they have never been out of the top division in their existence, even spawning Atlético originally as a reserve team. Amazing they're still competitive in today's global market.

Then you have Laporte who only had Basque grandparents and Amorebieta who was born in Venezuela.

Yeah, the fact they manage to stay in the top half of the table consistently with their restricted transfer policy is a small miracle.

Pity* they haven't managed to bag a trophy during the Bielsa/Valverde years, which have seen them appear in several finals.

*Not really, since they have lost most of them to us.

Yeah, the fact they manage to stay in the top half of the table consistently with their restricted transfer policy is a small miracle.

Pity* they haven't managed to bag a trophy during the Bielsa/Valverde years, which have seen them appear in several finals.

*Not really, since they have lost most of them to us.

The club's sporting philosophy is governed by a code which states that only players, who have come up through the club's young players' reserve or the young players' reserve of the other clubs in The Basque Country, which includes the following territories: Bizkaia, Gipuzkoa, Araba, Nafarroa, Lapurdi, Zuberoa and Nafarroa Behera or players that were born in these territories, may be signed up.

So under that, my children still wouldn't be eligible, not having played youth football in Pais Vasco or born in Pais Vasco.

Then you have Laporte who only had Basque grandparents and Amorebieta who was born in Venezuela.

Amorebieta moved to Bilbao when he was a kid, so I think that one's fair. Laporte is far more slippery. Actually I don't think they can justify that one at all.

Amorebieta moved to Bilbao when he was a kid, so I think that one's fair. Laporte is far more slippery. Actually I don't think they can justify that one at all.

Joined a Pais Vasco youth team at 16, really pushing it.

Roque Mesa apparently off to Swansea for £13m.

Wish we were in for him.

Not sure if there is a realistic transfer targets thread but I would love us to get a neat ball collecting diminutive player from Spain.

Seen Roque Mesa at Las Palmas a few times and love his style of play.

Will be a great signing and sold off to the big boys after a season.