Other clubs' transfers

TBG

:facepalm:

Yeah, I absolutely don't get people cheering on millionaires getting even richer :lol:

Fair enough you don't care about owners pocketing the money, but I give two f***s whether footballers can buy two private jets instead of just one.

A lot of footballers come from humble beginnings. If the sport is going to make billions off of their talent, them making lots of money is one of my least concerns. If not then the money would go to Adidas, Sky, Billionaire owners, shareholders etc.

If you think footballers making even more money isn't only because Adidas, Sky etc.. aren't making even MORE money, then you know nothing about football.

Erm.... that's kind of my point.

I'm not going to see Neymar making 500k a week and say the "oh the game's gone mad" when I know other parties are making x1000 more off his name and ability.

Now the game has gone mad but it's not because Neymar is making half a milli in a week.  Or at least that's probably the least unsavoury element of the whole thing.

You're saying you would rather the money went to the player than the big corporate sponsors, and I'm saying the only reason more money is going to the player is because more money is going to the corporate sponsors. They're getting more money, and not less.

:facepalm:

Yeah, I absolutely don't get people cheering on millionaires getting even richer :lol:

Fair enough you don't care about owners pocketing the money, but I give two f***s whether footballers can buy two private jets instead of just one.

A lot of footballers come from humble beginnings. If the sport is going to make billions off of their talent, them making lots of money is one of my least concerns. If not then the money would go to Adidas, Sky, Billionaire owners, shareholders etc.

If you think footballers making even more money isn't only because Adidas, Sky etc.. aren't making even MORE money, then you know nothing about football.

Erm.... that's kind of my point.

I'm not going to see Neymar making 500k a week and say the "oh the game's gone mad" when I know other parties are making x1000 more off his name and ability.

Now the game has gone mad but it's not because Neymar is making half a milli in a week.  Or at least that's probably the least unsavoury element of the whole thing.

You're saying you would rather the money went to the player than the big corporate sponsors, and I'm saying the only reason more money is going to the player is because more money is going to the corporate sponsors. They're getting more money, and not less.

Aren't you two just saying the same thing in different ways? :lol:

Julio Baptista could be set for a sensational return to English football, according to The Sun, with Bolton reportedly in talks to sign the Brazilian forward.

The 35-year-old is a free agent following his release from MLS side Orlando City in November.

Love a random transfer rumour

To be frank, the Spanish press reported the terms of this supposed "deal" and they didn't make any sense (like they would pay him in installments, but he would have to pay the fee upfront), so I'm personally inclined that it is bull.