Other clubs' transfers

TBG

We paid less than £10M for a full back from Southampton, and look how that turned out :lol:. 22.5M is shitloads, but it solves a problem they have, potentially for a decade or so. When you have all the money in the world that's a reasonable trade-off.

Crazy when LB isn't a problem area. CB is, CM is.

They're all problem areas, that's what's so ace :lol:.

:lol: True, true.

Neither Mata or potentially Shaw would be solutions to their biggest problems, though: CM and CB.

if he turns out as good as is expected then he could be the left back for them for at least 10 years and lord knows Evra needs replacing

Agreed - they're splashing some cash - pressure will really be on Moyes now.

Crazy when LB isn't a problem area. CB is, CM is.

They're all problem areas, that's what's so ace :lol:.

:lol: True, true.

Neither Mata or potentially Shaw would be solutions to their biggest problems, though: CM and CB.

I won't be laughing if they buy Cabaye.  :jones:

I'm probably off my tits but didn't Mata not actually play as number 10 for large swathes of last season? Definitely didn't season before last. Therefore won't at Man Utd if the likely lads are fit?

People keep talking about how to fit RVP, Rooney and Mata.

David Moyes, a manger whose training methods is more concerned with running laps and endurance as opposed to ball work, will not have all 3 available at the same time if he persists with his training methods. It's already crooked RVP and Rooney this season, and it will be a miracle if all 3 stay injury free until end of the season.

Carrick out for a month too. So they'll visit Britannia without Carrick and Vidic. Can see them dropping points there. Carrick will also be a big miss at Emirates vs. Arsenal.

I calculated, Manchester United can afford to drop maximum of 12 points until end of the season to have a shot at 4th spot (it will give them 73 points). 

City (H), Liverpool (H), Everton (A), Stoke (A), Arsenal (A), Newcastle (A), Southampton (A). Fair to say it'll take a big shift in Moyes' results against big clubs, and injury-free session to their injury prone attacking players to achieve that, and wait for the other 4 teams to falter.

Interesting times. I am leaning towards Spurs getting 4th at the moment, seeing our inactivity and utter incompetence in negotiating and sealing deals, and atrocious luck with injuries.

I don't think it's so much your atrocious luck with injuries - Arsenal and ourselves have consistently been up there too - more that your squad isn't quite as strong, so you've found it harder to cope. I'm hoping that people like Rose, Vertonghen, Sandro, Paulinho, Townsend etc will be a bit fresher because of the layoffs, but there are still so many questions over Sherwood. It looks like a fantastic battle for 4th.

People keep talking about how to fit RVP, Rooney and Mata.

David Moyes, a manger whose training methods is more concerned with running laps and endurance as opposed to ball work, will not have all 3 available at the same time if he persists with his training methods. It's already crooked RVP and Rooney this season, and it will be a miracle if all 3 stay injury free until end of the season.

Carrick out for a month too. So they'll visit Britannia without Carrick and Vidic. Can see them dropping points there. Carrick will also be a big miss at Emirates vs. Arsenal.

I calculated, Manchester United can afford to drop maximum of 12 points until end of the season to have a shot at 4th spot (it will give them 73 points). 

City (H), Liverpool (H), Everton (A), Stoke (A), Arsenal (A), Newcastle (A), Southampton (A). Fair to say it'll take a big shift in Moyes' results against big clubs, and injury-free session to their injury prone attacking players to achieve that, and wait for the other 4 teams to falter.

Interesting times. I am leaning towards Spurs getting 4th at the moment, seeing our inactivity and utter incompetence in negotiating and sealing deals, and atrocious luck with injuries.

This is the reason I think Moyes at Man U will never work, he seems to be a dinosaur with regards to style of play and training methods, there are some great youtube videos of Barca and Munich training which just looks light years ahead of Moyes Man U.

I do feel genuinely sorry for Moyes, I do hope they when he gets sacked, they give him a job taking out the bins or something