Other clubs' transfers

TBG

I think Pogba's still really raw. His decision-making is sometimes poor and it's one of those players that somehow isn't able to get the most of his natural ability. Consistently at least.

But at his age the upshot is really high. I just hope that Mourinho isn't expecting to turn him into another Essien (like he tried and failed with Mikel), because he's another kind of player.

Funnily (since we know what happened), Ferguson would have been a brilliant manager for him imho.

My rating of him is that he's probably the best centre midfielder in the world. By saying probably, I'm saying it could be Kroos, Iniesta, Rakitic or Modric, but it's probably Pogba. Almost every football fan would have him in the top five centre midfielders in the world I'd imagine. Who else do you think is better at this stage? Vidal? Alonso?

At this point in time, in the games I've seen him play, he produces significantly less than those you've listed above. He has the potential to be the best, sure, but I really don't think that he is at this moment in time.

What do you mean by produces significantly less? I only ask because he scored and assisted significantly more than them all last season.

I suppose I mean produce in 'big' games as that's what he really should be doing as the most expensive player in history (if it happens). When it's come to the crunch I've seen all of the others perform in big games, can't say the same for Pogba myself. Flat tracking it with Juve in Series A isn't the same imo, same kind of criticism that was levelled at Cristiano for a number of years as well.

He was Juve's best player on their run to the CL final in 2015, including setting up the crucial goal against Madrid in the semis. He was 22. [emoji38]

I understand that criticism was aimed at Ronaldo as well despite him being the highest scorer ever in the CL and scored at all stages of the knockouts. [emoji38] To summarise, it was nonsense.

Fair enough man. When Pogba has realised his potential and is holding a major international trophy or the CL or something we'll revisit. For me atm he's never dominated or performed on the biggest stages.

If he wanted to win the CL he would've stayed at Juve

[emoji38] You're going to be gutted when we're back on top.

Nah I'm just being realistic based on the performances of the English teams in the CL lately, Juve have got to the final recently and only barely got knocked out last season by one of the best teams in it. Much better defence and if Pogba stayed a much better midfield than Man Utd

Is he more of a #10 or Lampard style B2B suited more to a midfield 3 (or 4)?

From what i've seen he's not a CM in the Modric - Kroos mould. He needs someone to do his dirty work like a Lampard or Toure.

Mixture of the first two imo, at Juve he was a LCM and was given the freedom to do what he saw fit on attack and he was fantastic this season.

Be interesting to see what Mourinho does, if he uses him like he used Lampard at Chelsea then he'll be great if he uses him like France did at the Euros then it's an insane waste.

Think getting relegated was going to help us avoid Jorge Mendes monopoly on football?

Looks like Wolves have named him as their head of recruitment

Disgusting. Will probably mean they end up with some decent players too.

City have bought Gabriel Jesús from Palmeiras for €32m. He was one of our stiker targets but just no way we were going to match that.

Always good to see work permits not being relevant to those at the top.

City have bought Gabriel Jesús from Palmeiras for €32m. He was one of our stiker targets but just no way we were going to match that.

Maybe they will loan him to you for the season.

Also consistently being able to wipe the floor of lesser opponents is brilliant. It means teams will compete for top honours.

Ronaldo is accused of this but him consistently scoring braces against the likes of Schalke in the CL mean Real always get to the semi's of that competition. Think every year for the last 5 seasons or so.

Sunderland step up interest in Micah Richards and he has a £5 mil release clause.

Would be a proper classic Sunderland trasnfer that

They are after Lescott as well from what I understand.

They gasping to be relegated?

Guest chopey

Sunderland step up interest in Micah Richards and he has a £5 mil release clause.

Would be a proper classic Sunderland trasnfer that

They are after Lescott as well from what I understand.

Just need Charlie Adam and Cameron Jerome now.

Spurs have turned down a bid from Arsenal for striker Clinton Njie, says L'Equipe.

The Cameroon international is instead expected to join Ligue 1 side Marseille on a season-long loan.

What is Arsene doing man :lol:

Spurs have turned down a bid from Arsenal for striker Clinton Njie, says L'Equipe.

The Cameroon international is instead expected to join Ligue 1 side Marseille on a season-long loan.

What is Arsene doing man :lol:

He's jumped le shark.

Would be a proper classic Sunderland transfer that

If Villa get £5m for him it's the best piece of business all summer.

Schurrle to BVB apparently a done deal for £25m.

Dortmund going to have some attacking threat next season and considering the amount of goals they scored last year, this season could be quite fun.

Would be a proper classic Sunderland transfer that

If Villa get £5m for him it's the best piece of business all summer.

Why the fuck would anyone sign Micah Richards? And for money?