Other clubs' transfers

TBG

:facepalm:

Yeah, I absolutely don't get people cheering on millionaires getting even richer :lol:

Fair enough you don't care about owners pocketing the money, but I give two fucks whether footballers can buy two private jets instead of just one.

Neymar's new theme song.

Matic to Man Utd

:lol:

I have to confess, I'm not looking forward to this season. The money is just...I dunno. I feel like the only thing holding me back from the tipping point is that Spurs are (a) doing well and (b) doing well in an admirable way. I don't think I'll ever be able to walk away entirely, but that taste in my mouth is getting worse and worse.

Its a bit like Trump. So much :anguish: everywhere you turn that you want to just give up. The Neymar debate is a perfect example.

Spending big brings pressure with it.. Only one of Man Utd, Man City or Chelsea can win the league. Leaving two of those teams with a taste of failure. Manager's get sacked and players move on. It's the circle of life.

My point is, if I was a Spurs fan of be more than happy to keep my powder dry and let the other "big guns", cut each others throats. If Spurs spend smart they won't be far off the pack. They have already leapfrogged Arsenal and Liverpool IMO.

Guest palnese

They've not got the money to pay top wages. The richest clubs will pick Spurs' players sooner or later. Players like Kane, Eriksen, Alli etc aren't going to hang around forever if players of similar quality or worse at City, Chelsea and Man Utd earn twice or three times as much as they do at Spurs.

I think Tottenham have peaked and the only way is down.

They've not got the money to pay top wages. The richest clubs will pick Spurs' players sooner or later. Players like Kane, Eriksen, Alli etc aren't going to hang around forever if players of similar quality or worse at City, Chelsea and Man Utd earn twice or three times as much as they do at Spurs.

I think Tottenham have peaked and the only way is down.

If they don't sign anyone and get those on contracts, they should finish top 4 again ahead of Liverpool and Arsenal. Another year of TV money, Champions League money and then they'll have the upgraded stadium, they should be able to get better players moving forward.

Spending big brings pressure with it.. Only one of Man Utd, Man City or Chelsea can win the league. Leaving two of those teams with a taste of failure. Manager's get sacked and players move on. It's the circle of life.

rougue prediction - chelsea to be shite and conte gone

rougue prediction - chelsea to be s**** and conte gone

I dunno about shite but i do think they'll drop off.

Yeah, I absolutely don't get people cheering on millionaires getting even richer :lol:

Fair enough you don't care about owners pocketing the money, but I give two f***s whether footballers can buy two private jets instead of just one.

A lot of footballers come from humble beginnings. If the sport is going to make billions off of their talent, them making lots of money is one of my least concerns. If not then the money would go to Adidas, Sky, Billionaire owners, shareholders etc.

A lot of footballers come from humble beginnings. If the sport is going to make billions off of their talent, them making lots of money is one of my least concerns. If not then the money would go to Adidas, Sky, Billionaire owners, shareholders etc.

Jimmy says 'Hi' (chucked SBR in there for the hell of it).

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article7043348.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Jimmy-Hill-right-and-Bobby-Robson.jpg

Fair enough you don't care about owners pocketing the money, but I give two f***s whether footballers can buy two private jets instead of just one.

If you think footballers making even more money isn't only because Adidas, Sky etc.. aren't making even MORE money, then you know nothing about football.

If you think footballers making even more money isn't only because Adidas, Sky etc.. aren't making even MORE money, then you know nothing about football.

Erm.... that's kind of my point.

I'm not going to see Neymar making 500k a week and say the "oh the game's gone mad" when I know other parties are making x1000 more off his name and ability.

Now the game has gone mad but it's not because Neymar is making half a milli in a week.  Or at least that's probably the least unsavoury element of the whole thing.

Regardless that'll be nearly £150m spent by Man Utd this summer on top of mental fees already paid previously while Mourinho moans about penny pinching. Not that they can't afford it like, just pointing out what a prat he continues to be.