Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Its crazy to me how Froggy's opinion is pretty much the polar opposite of what I see from Man Utd fans on twitter. Loads hate Rooney.

It's because he has asked to leave twice and demanded high wages in order to stay. It's part of the game now but it's still disappointing the way he went about it. He's already down in the history of the club but if he handled himself better he would be a true legend of the club already.

He'll still go down as one of our best ever players.

Of course most people would rather see the young, explosive Rooney terrorising defenders, but Fergie obviously thought he would be more effective dropping deeper, and I think I agree with him. As a #10 I believe he's different class.

I think Ferguson was wrong then, in that case.  Personally don't think that even came into his thinking, reckon he did it for the good of the team at Man Utd.  No reason why he couldn't have been at another club and continued his trajectory as one of the most exciting players to watch in the world.  He's generally boring to watch now.

Froggy and Neil are both right tbh. Rooney is an exceptional player and is probably in the bracket below the very best like Froggy said but having said that he had the potential to be much more than he's become.

Which is scary really when you consider how great he is anyway.

Rooney is an exceptional player. Anything else is bollocks. Sure he could've been even better, but he's still one of the absolute top in the world. He's not had the best season in his career and despite that he's scored and created a lot for his team.

He had the world at his feet with us and the first 2-3 years at Man Utd. He just hasn't pushed on as much as he should have, and I'd be very surprised if you disagree with that Froggy. That isn't to say he's not still a very, very good player and on his day exceptional, but those days aren't anywhere near as regular as they were.

I agree with this, but doesn't mean he's not a top top player that it seems some are tying to suggest though. :thup:

He's not one of the best in the world like

He is, how you could even argue that is beyond me. Rooney is a great player to watch, give me 20 players better than him that could do a job in multiple positions like he can. One of the best in the world doesn't necessarily mean top 3 in the world, which he obviously isn't.

I would say top 7/8 could be defined as one of the best in the world and I don't think he's in that bracket, he is top 20 though.

Rooney is an exceptional player. Anything else is bollocks. Sure he could've been even better, but he's still one of the absolute top in the world. He's not had the best season in his career and despite that he's scored and created a lot for his team.

He had the world at his feet with us and the first 2-3 years at Man Utd. He just hasn't pushed on as much as he should have, and I'd be very surprised if you disagree with that Froggy. That isn't to say he's not still a very, very good player and on his day exceptional, but those days aren't anywhere near as regular as they were.

I agree with this, but doesn't mean he's not a top top player that it seems some are tying to suggest though. :thup:

He is, how you could even argue that is beyond me. Rooney is a great player to watch, give me 20 players better than him that could do a job in multiple positions like he can. One of the best in the world doesn't necessarily mean top 3 in the world, which he obviously isn't.

I would say top 7/8 could be defined as one of the best in the world and I don't think he's in that bracket, he is top 20 though.

And he's barely top 7 in the Premiership alone, going on last season.

Froggy and Neil are both right tbh. Rooney is an exceptional player and is probably in the bracket below the very best like Froggy said but having said that he had the potential to be much more than he's become.

Which is scary really when you consider how great he is anyway.

:thup:

Going on form then Diego Costa is probably one of the best in the world and Iniesta isn't even a top 30 player in the world. You can't go on form only though, you have to see what they've produced over the last 24 months at the very least and take injuries and so on into consideration. Rooney has played in a bad team last 12 months and still been able to produce, he's obviously no Messi or CRonaldo but for me he's still one of the absolute best in his position in the world.

Also if only top 7 or 8 is one of the best in the world then I'll have to agree he's not one of the best in the world, but my definition is much broader than that.

In fact he's struggling to make the top 3 in Manchester :lol:

He is? For me he's probably their best player if we disregard De Gea. van Persie has been disappointing despite scoring goals, Mata hasn't done much and the rest is bad. De Gea or Rooney without a doubt for me.

He is? For me he's probably their best player if we disregard De Gea. van Persie has been disappointing despite scoring goals, Mata hasn't done much and the rest is bad. De Gea or Rooney without a doubt for me.

I was thinking more Yaya and Aguero.

:thup: I also don't see how anybody can say the 20th best footballer in the world is one of the best footballers in the world

Ah fair enough :thup:

I'd probably put Kompany in there too tbh.

I think people talk about positions though, or at least I am since I think it's impossible to compare Kompany to Rooney.

I think people talk about positions though, or at least I am since I think it's impossible to compare Kompany to Rooney.

Fair enough. I think Kompany is a better defender than Rooney is a forward.

It's about how well they do their primary jobs imo.

Didn't you say the same about Ribery as well?  :lol:

:thup: I also don't see how anybody can say the 20th best footballer in the world is one of the best footballers in the world

Top 20 out of 7 billion something, I can definitely see the logic there.

I'm with pata, and I don't like agreeing with pata. Actually, pata, fuck off.

Yes and I stand by that. By my definition "one of the best players in the world" should be at least top 7/8 in the world and in some way close to being the best in the world

Yes and I stand by that. By my definition "one of the best players in the world" should be at least top 7/8 in the world and in some way close to being the best in the world

You'd at the very least want them to make the World 11.

I'm with pata, and I don't like agreeing with pata. Actually, pata, f*** off.

:aww:

Fuck off bringing the entire poplulation of the world into this :lol:

There's about 5,000 professional footballers in England alone, and you think the 20th best footballer isn't one in the best in the World? Of course it is man, but Rooney is higher than 20th regardless.

There's about 5,000 professional footballers in England alone, and you think the 20th best footballer isn't one in the best in the World? Of course it is man, but Rooney is higher than 20th regardless.

No I don't and in terms of ability the 20th best footballer in the world is probably closer to the 100th best footballer in the world than he is to the best or even second best footballer in the world