Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Why? Wasn't he on for a big jump? DAT AMBITION from West Ham's board. It won't be very long before they're considered a bigger club than us.

you know honestly it did rather look like he was going for the big payday elsewhere and half way competent defenders seem to be at a premium lately

Fair play to Reid, you have to say. Same with Delph when he signed on at Villa. They're maybe both willing to accept they've found their level and don't fancy bench warming at 'bigger' clubs.

I dont know if it goes on or not but players clubs like Burnley with Ings youd imagine would offer him a 1 year extension with a pay increase and then a minimum fee release clause for 8/10mill clause. Someone would pay that this summer, Ings would of been on more money and got a signing on fee and Burnley would be 5/6million better off considering they'll get nothing like that in compensation. Probably a lot of disloyalty in football for something like this to work but you get the picture.

Fair play to Reid, you have to say. Same with Delph when he signed on at Villa. They're maybe both willing to accept they've found their level and don't fancy bench warming at 'bigger' clubs.

:thup:

Wish more good players at "lesser" clubs would do this. It'd go a long way towards leveling the playing field.

I don't think it's a case of bench-warming. Outside of Chelsea, Manchester & attacking positions at Arsenal most players have a good shout of getting a game at teams that should be challenging for honours and Europe.

If Cahill had longer on his contract at Bolton would Chelsea have signed him?

Delph & Reid at a Liverpool or Spurs would probably get regular game time. Even Southampton would be a step-up for Delph who is seemingly at a club with no purpose. I guess Delph is from the midlands originally which may have been a factor.

To me, playing for Aston Villa (or Newcastle) is like working for a stagnant employer. It's fine if that's your level, or your in a comfortable position nearing the end of your career but for a young go-getter? I would expect you to aspire for more.

I dont know if it goes on or not but players clubs like Burnley with Ings youd imagine would offer him a 1 year extension with a pay increase and then a minimum fee release clause for 8/10mill clause. Someone would pay that this summer, Ings would of been on more money and got a signing on fee and Burnley would be 5/6million better off considering they'll get nothing like that in compensation. Probably a lot of disloyalty in football for something like this to work but you get the picture.

Minimum fee release clauses eliminate the potential for a bidding war though. For Burnley, keeping him despite his contract situation, was the best shot at staying in the league and the TV money far outweighs a paltry bid for their star striker.