Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Class signing for Arsenal that.

De Gea + £10-15m for Ramos. Or we'll do without Ramos and keep De Gea for another year, probably costing Real either the league or CL. We don't need the money, but they desperately want De Gea.

That's not happening mate. You may not need the money but the player wants to leave. He's off. And you'll be lucky to get £25m.

The player leaves this summer if we allow it though. I wouldn't be surprised to see us dig our heels in, especially with Real Madrid. If we get the 25m though I imagine we'll sell.

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC  1h1 hour ago

CONFIRMED: #SaintsFC have completed the signing of Dutch goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg on a season-long loan.

Stekerenburgare, he's pretty good ain't he?

Cech has been class whenever I have seen him over the last few years, said last summer he's still better than Courtois and unless no football in past season has done him in i still believe it.

I understand why Mourinho went with Courtois, gotta prepare for the future and all that and he'll probably end being better but as of right now I don't believe he is.

Fantastic signing whatever you slice it, especially considering since Seaman their keepers have been erratic at best. They are still a couple of signings away but it's a good start.

It's a bit of a cliché but I believe that Arsenal need a few more leaders around the pitch like they used to have when they won stuff and Cech's a character who hates losing and leads by example. He's also still a really good keeper, I thought he was wobbling a few years ago but he's been steady since.

When they had players of genuine quality who would lead the side and not stand for losing, like Vieira, Henry, Gilbert Silva, Bergkamp, even Lehmann and Campbell and Lauren and Cole, it meant they won loads of honours even playing the game as attractively as they did. Players like Ozil and Walcott and Giroud are shrinking violets in comparison. They need more leadership, not necessarily steel or brute force (see Henry, Bergkamp, etc) but players who want to win and take responsibility for it happening more often than not.

That season unbeaten is the greatest achievement in the modern English game, there was little to no luck involved and it was the only time it had happened since the 1900s. Doubt there have been many teams who lost only 1 or 2 either, even the best teams lose a few with the average for a title winning side about 5 or 6.

If they added 3 more players with that sort of character down the spine of their team to go with all of the other talent they have I think they'd seriously challenge. Easier said than done though, it would cost them a fortune and they'd probably have to bite the bullet and pay for proven quality over potential.

CONFIRMED: #SaintsFC have completed the signing of Dutch goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg on a season-long loan.

As cover you'd hope, aye. He's had a hard decline with age like, made some horrendous errors

I miss Jens - he was priceless. Jens vs Didier was fun times.

Arsenal have a very mature team - if they sign Cech.

Cech 33

Debuchy 30 Mertesacker 30 Kosc 29 Monreal 29

A number of them have won major trophies too. A few have won La Liga, Cech everything at club level, a few World Cup winners

Arsene has dumped that youth philosophy. You can tell he just wants that last PL title. They've still got loads of young lads but he supplementing with experienced signings.

If not for oil money - that Nasri, RVP generation would've won stuff.

As cover you'd hope, aye. He's had a hard decline with age like, made some horrendous errors

Forster has fucked hissel' so I assume it'd be until he gets back.

I miss Jens - he was priceless. Jens vs Didier was fun times.

Arsenal have a very mature team - if they sign Cech.

Cech 33

Debuchy 30 Mertesacker 30 Kosc 29 Monreal 29

A number of them have won major trophies too. A few have won La Liga, Cech everything at club level, a few World Cup winners

Arsene has dumped that youth philosophy. You can tell he just wants that last PL title. They've still got loads of young lads but he supplementing with experienced signings.

If not for oil money - that Nasri, RVP generation would've won stuff.

I think if he were 100% honest he'd have liked to have been making these signings before, he just wasn't allowed the funds so thought it more effective to go solely down the youth with great potential route. Now he can do the best of both worlds.

Surely Chelsea should refuse to sell Cech to Arsenal? Giving a close rival a big boost with that.

Abramovich promised him free reign to chose where he wants to go as a sign of respect for 12 years service. Seems a dumb move but I respect the gesture.

Forster has f***ed hissel' so I assume it'd be until he gets back.

Yes - Forster was predicted to be out for up to a year hence the rumoured interest in Krul.