Other clubs' transfers

TBG

That picture makes me want to slap everybody in it :lol:

Also, I hope they don't intend to join the SAS with that shitty saluting form.

Sherwood is correctly saluting the British way, at least.

I don't know what that awful effort from Ramsay is, though.

Fair enough then. I need to see more British war movies.

What happened to that tall fella you bought the other season who played upfront? Is he still there?

Kozak? Broke his leg pretty badly, just returned to training at the end of last season.

He did ok for us, 4 in 12, I think, not bad, before getting injured.

Aye, that's the one.

The British salute is an absolute joke tbf. Who the hell came up with that?

It's a salute which was seen a lot of whist our soldiers were helping us to build up an empire covering a third of the world, mind, so not that much of a joke.

And don't even get me started about the ABSURD American pronunciation of lieutenant.

He wasn't saluting, the glow from Sherwood's ego was getting in his eyes.

One thing I'll say about Sherwood, for all the bullshit, sometimes his honestly is refreshing. Someone here mentioned Carles Gil and where he disappeared to. Sherwood has clearly decided he likes him, and said this today.

Carles Gil is going nowhere and will be an integral part of the Aston Villa first-team next season, boss Tim Sherwood has revealed.

The Spaniard struggled to make an impact under Sherwood last term and was expected to move on this summer.

But since returning to pre-season training and spending ‘quality time’ with the 22-year-old here in Portugal, Sherwood has seen a different side to Gil.

His quality was never in doubt, but fitting him into a struggling Villa side was a risk, as the gaffer explained to the Birmingham Mail.

“He is going to play a lot more football this year because we’re not in that situation where it’s a relegation battle,” said Sherwood.

Sherwood said: “I’ve spoken to Carles, it’s hard for him to understand he’s not played and all of a sudden he will. That’s life.

“Hopefully he is (like a new signing).

“He has done well in pre-season, he’s come back and he really knows there is an opportunity there for him.

“I think he impressed the fans so much when he first signed because everyone else was so poor.

“He came in with a lot of freedom but even though it was working okay for him, the team were struggling.”

What pleases me is he's realised he's a good player, but also I quite like the bolded bit, which is harsh but undoubtedly true.

With Lambert we'd have had a few inaudible grunts and he'd have been sent out to the far field to play frisbee with whoever constituted the rest of the "bomb squad" at the time (Hutton, Given et al).

I think he foolishly inhaled the scent of Sherwood's 50% plus win ratio.

I think he foolishly inhaled the scent of Sherwood's 50% plus win ratio.

Good job he was nowhere near John Carver then. His defeat ratio would have killed him.

Italian press say we're meeting with Roma today to discuss Mattia Destro, who is a forward apparently, so that can only mean a Benteke exit.

EDIT and apparently Adem Ljajić, too.

Both very good players. Important players for Roma who did very last year (for the most part).

Italian press say we're meeting with Roma today to discuss Mattia Destro, who is a forward apparently, so that can only mean a Benteke exit.

EDIT and apparently Adem Ljajić, too.

Both very good players. Important players for Roma who did very last year (for the most part).

Destro was canny shit on loan at Milan like.

Guest neesy111

Scoring 15 goals for a team like last season's Villa (dunno how many of them were under Sherwood) is probably a superheroic feat. Benteke is a very good player. Not completely sure about him partnering with Sturridge though.

He had like 3 goals before sherwood joined.

Sturridge is never fit so it's not something he'll need worry about.

Probably play 3-4-1-2 anyway.

How will he fit his midfield into that I'm assuming Milner has been guaranteed a CM berth and they have no wide players really, both Coutinho and Firminio are similar.