Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Who is better than Evans at 7M? 27 years old, prime of his career. Seems a good deal to me. He'd be ideal as one of two in our set up like. A decently rounded defensive option. Don't get the hate.

And Kaboul has seemingly featured for Tottenham far less than I thought. And he's 33/34 when that contract ends...

Not sure there's been any hate about Evans or anything of the sort.  Steady enough defender and £7m ain't much these days given he's likely to be pretty reliable.  Would have been a canny signing for us, especially being mindful of the fact Williamson ends up playing 30+ games a season for us every year.

I honestly think the league is rife with opportunity this year.

Plenty of clubs making decent signings. Getting into the top 10 will be an achievement for any club, however I think there will still be 7 fairly shot clubs though.

Solid signing for Everton on paper. Evans is a good defender that is reasonable with the ball as well.

Only caveat being he's a MAN UTD CAST OFF which is a sure fire guarentee of a player being fucking dreadful.

Froggy will probably disagree mind. ;)

:lol: Aye, he'll be in here saying he was the next Beckenbauer until he picked up a thigh strain in August 2012 any second.

Re Evans I wouldn't spit on the daft c*** if he was on fire personally, I've got morals and recognise my responsibility to be a role model to kids and that.

What did he do like?

Solid signing for Everton on paper. Evans is a good defender that is reasonable with the ball as well.

Only caveat being he's a MAN UTD CAST OFF which is a sure fire guarentee of a player being f***ing dreadful.

Maybe the ones in the Premiership, but I remember watching the CL semis and actually counting their ex players.

Pogba

Evra

Tevez

Ronaldo

Pique

Chicharito (soon to be ex)

Some of them are ex players and definite non "cast offs", but there are still six of them. Upgrade Tim Howard to de Gea and an ex players select team would look stronger than anything LVG could put out. That's some going for the third richest club in the world.

Fair enough on Pogba like (though he wasn't a patch on Scholes at the time. Had he been more patient he'd have been a starter sooner rather than later), but Pique was on his way with us. He just wanted to go back to Spain. Nothing you can do, and I'm fairly sure they had a buy back option.