Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Amavi might be very good but how much difference can a left back really make. £9million considering the absolute state of the rest of the team is laughable.

It would be if that was where the spending stopped. It isn't though.

Baker will be going and a new CB coming in, you can bet your house on that. Clark and Richards have looked decent there pre-season, mind, and Clark had a good season last year.

Midfield choices of Gueye, Westwood, Veretout, Sanchez, Gil, Grealish, Sinclair plus others give us options in the middle, too.

It's also worth noting that thus far we have only just about spent the Benteke money thus far, there's also the 8 for Delph plus whatever we'd have had earmarked had those two stayed.

Ayew 8

Amavi 9

Veretout 8 (apparently)

Richards 0

Sinclair 2.5

Gueye 7

Adebayor I can live with, on a loan. Berbatov I find incredibly hard to believe, though.

More than anything else, though, if you think the state of the rest of the squad now is laughable, you haven't been paying much attention to the spirit-sapping cheap shit we've hoovered up the last few seasons.

Thank fuck some of them are moving on.

Weimann has gone, Bent is off the books, Given has gone, Vlaar is off the wage bill (with his constant injuries) and I'd expect N'Zogbia, Bennett, Tonev, Senderos and Baker, at the very least, to be shifted soon as well.

We needed an almost total overhaul. We've started doing it.

Still a good squad.

Nicolas Douchez (Rennes), Stephane Ruffier (Monaco), Aly Cissokho (Monaco), Mathieu Debuchy (Lille), Rod Fanni (Rennes), Philippe Mexes (Roma), Adil Rami (Lille), Mamadou Sakho (Paris St Germain), Benoit Tremoulinas (Bordeaux), Yohane Cabaye (Lille), Lassana Diarra (Real Madrid), Blaise Matuidi (Saint-Etienne), Yann Mvila (Saint-Etienne), Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan), Samir Nasri (Arsenal), Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse), Hatem Ben Arfa (Marseille), Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), Jimmy Briand (Lyon), Guillaume Hoarau (Paris St Germain), Jeremy Menez (Roma), Loic Remy (Nice).

Still a good squad.

Nicolas Douchez (Rennes), Stephane Ruffier (Monaco), Aly Cissokho (Monaco), Mathieu Debuchy (Lille), Rod Fanni (Rennes), Philippe Mexes (Roma), Adil Rami (Lille), Mamadou Sakho (Paris St Germain), Benoit Tremoulinas (Bordeaux), Yohane Cabaye (Lille), Lassana Diarra (Real Madrid), Blaise Matuidi (Saint-Etienne), Yann Mvila (Saint-Etienne), Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan), Samir Nasri (Arsenal), Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse), Hatem Ben Arfa (Marseille), Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), Jimmy Briand (Lyon), Guillaume Hoarau (Paris St Germain), Jeremy Menez (Roma), Loic Remy (Nice).

Six played for us!

I don't really know anything about Gestede other than the youtube compilation I just watched, but he looks like he could be a Benteke replacement, in terms of style.

For a manager who has never managed through a transfer window before, Sherwood has certainly learned quickly. We've got a head of scouting, a sporting director, and someone to deal entirely with the mechanics of transfers these days, too, though, so he is at least getting decent amounts of help.

Apparently Nathan Baker is going to Burnley (where Lowton went) for 2m, which is good business, too.

I don't really know anything about Gestede other than the youtube compilation I just watched, but he looks like he could be a Benteke replacement, in terms of style.

For a manager who has never managed through a transfer window before, Sherwood has certainly learned quickly. We've got a head of scouting, a sporting director, and someone to deal entirely with the mechanics of transfers these days, too, though, so he is at least getting decent amounts of help.

Apparently Nathan Baker is going to Burnley (where Lowton went) for 2m, which is good business, too.

what happened to the striker you had who broke his leg a while ago brummie?

Brummie, Any truth in use being linked with Michu?

I read about it last night, but have no idea if it is true. Apparently came from a journalist in La Coruna (saying Deportivo had failed to sign him as he is coming to us).

Might be a decent punt if he's still physically realistic.

We're signing a lot of real promise, we could do with a few more experienced players.

Kozak.

Returned just in time for pre season. Has scored a few in friendlies.

I actually really like him. Started 7 or 8 games plus a few sub appearances and scored 4 times before his injury. He looks like a big battering ram style forward, but actually isn't, he's a pretty intelligent striker.

Kozak.

Returned just in time for pre season. Has scored a few in friendlies.

I actually really like him. Started 7 or 8 games plus a few sub appearances and scored 4 times before his injury. He looks like a big battering ram style forward, but actually isn't, he's a pretty intelligent striker.

aye, thats the one.

Brummie, Any truth in use being linked with Michu?

I read about it last night, but have no idea if it is true. Apparently came from a journalist in La Coruna (saying Deportivo had failed to sign him as he is coming to us).

Might be a decent punt if he's still physically realistic.

We're signing a lot of real promise, we could do with a few more experienced players.

Interesting season ahead for use like, some exciting signings plus more to come, pressure on Sherwood in his first full season. Any idea how you will line up assuming you secure your targets?