Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Kroos, Modric & James is the Real Madrid way. Would've got to the CL final with that midfield imo.

Best Real Madrid sides of the past decades had the likes of Redondo and Makelele anchoring the midfield.

You'll fit in well with Florentino Pérez. :thup:

True. But the game has changed to some degree. Man Utd. got to several CL finals with odd looking CM's combinations.

They rejected £10 million for Afobe! Come on!  :lol:

He's potentially worth a lot more for them. (If that's the right player I'm thinking about - their top goalscorer last season.)

Yeah, I'm sure he is. It's just surprising I guess. Just not used to these fees for Championship players yet  :lol:

The guy has played half a season in the Championship, as they bought him in January for just under £2 million.

They now want £15 million for him. Geez! I actually like him as a player too, but considering we bought Mitrovic and Thauvin for around £12 million and Wijnaldum for just under £15 million. It's a bit unsettling!

They rejected £10 million for Afobe! Come on!  :lol:

He's potentially worth a lot more for them. (If that's the right player I'm thinking about - their top goalscorer last season.)

Thats the case, not that they want more money, just the fact that they don't want to sell. They have said that they are not selling any of their first 11, they are clearly after promotion this season. Quoting £14m to the buying club is a good tactic because for that price you can go and get Austin who is for sale and is proven in the Premier League.

Is Heung Min Son any good then? Swear I read that he was pretty pap for Leverkusen last season before Christmas and I wasn't massively impressed with him at the World Cup (like all of South Korea players)

Wanyama's asked to leave Southampton btw

Is Heung Min Son any good then? Swear I read that he was pretty pap for Leverkusen last season before Christmas and I wasn't massively impressed with him at the World Cup (like all of South Korea players)

Wanyama's asked to leave Southampton btw

Inconsistent really, he will look good at times and utterly shite when he's not good. Will need to improve his consistency if he's to be worth the fee Spurs have apparently paid.

:thup: Chelsea are a cancer, it's a s*** move for his career, but at least he's doing it properly.

I'm not sure about it being a s*** move for his career. He could start for them

[emoji38] it's a terrible career move for him

Don't know how you can say that with such certainty. It could be but there's also a good chance it's the best decision he'll ever make

Not even sure players give a f*** about how their "career" is perceived all that much anymore or developing into being better players who play 40-50 games a season. I'm sure some do but, just like for example Sterling, the majority just want to play for a CL team and make a s*** ton of money and anything else can go f*** itself. If a City or a Chelsea want a player, they usually end up there. Scott Sinclair, an average to decent player by most standards played for both. I doubt he cares that his career isn't up to much as a result, he made his cash and played for some big teams.

In Stones' case, it would have been nice to see him stay and develop at Everton but as usual, once one of the big 4 come in, it's just a matter of time. Football's a bit fucked tbh. Hate Chelsea, they're such a scruffy shithouse club, charvas who won the lottery 12 years ago. Maybe Everton are pleased at getting 13 times their dosh back too. Who the fuck knows, it's just a bit depressingly predictable to see it happen.

:thup: Chelsea are a cancer, it's a s*** move for his career, but at least he's doing it properly.

Don't know how you can say that with such certainty. It could be but there's also a good chance it's the best decision he'll ever make

Not even sure players give a f*** about how their "career" is perceived all that much anymore or developing into being better players who play 40-50 games a season. I'm sure some do but, just like for example Sterling, the majority just want to play for a CL team and make a s*** ton of money and anything else can go f*** itself. If a City or a Chelsea want a player, they usually end up there. Scott Sinclair, an average to decent player by most standards played for both. I doubt he cares that his career isn't up to much as a result, he made his cash and played for some big teams.

In Stones' case, it would have been nice to see him stay and develop at Everton but as usual, once one of the big 4 come in, it's just a matter of time. Football's a bit fucked tbh. Hate Chelsea, they're such a scruffy shithouse club, charvas who won the lottery 12 years ago. Maybe Everton are pleased at getting 13 times their dosh back too. Who the fuck knows, it's just a bit depressingly predictable to see it happen.

Even as a footballing decision I don't know how anybody can say that Sterling's decision to go to City was the wrong one. He's going to play every game for a team that has a very good chance of winning the league. That move is just common sense on all levels

In Stones' case, it would have been nice to see him stay and develop at Everton but as usual, once one of the big 4 come in, it's just a matter of time. Football's a bit f***ed tbh. Hate Chelsea, they're such a scruffy shithouse club, charvas who won the lottery 12 years ago. Maybe Everton are pleased at getting 13 times their dosh back too. Who the f*** knows, it's just a bit depressingly predictable to see it happen.

Even as a footballing decision I don't know how anybody can say that Sterling's decision to go to City was the wrong one. He's going to play every game for a team that has a very good chance of winning the league. That move is just common sense on all levels

Don't know about right or wrong so much as it's depressing as a fan of any but 2-3 clubs that you have no hope to hold onto any player anymore. I don't even know how much City wanted the player so much as they just decided they were going to have him and that's that. They have any amount of money to spend and no cunt is holding onto anyone they fancy. From the player's perspective, I don't see the harm in developing at Liverpool for another year or two at least. As a club, they piss on Man fucking City for the better part of the last 60 years. I mean, who can't get by on 100 grand a week for a bit, no had to have the 200 grand a week. Got to have everything yesterday. I'm rambling, just find it depressing. The kid's 20 ffs, players used to get their big move in their mid 20's once they'd really proven themselves and done something in the game. Now you just need to look canny for a few games here or there and you cost as much as Zidane.

In Stones' case, it would have been nice to see him stay and develop at Everton but as usual, once one of the big 4 come in, it's just a matter of time. Football's a bit f***ed tbh. Hate Chelsea, they're such a scruffy shithouse club, charvas who won the lottery 12 years ago. Maybe Everton are pleased at getting 13 times their dosh back too. Who the f*** knows, it's just a bit depressingly predictable to see it happen.

Don't know about right or wrong so much as it's depressing as a fan of any but 2-3 clubs that you have no hope to hold onto any player anymore. I don't even know how much City wanted the player so much as they just decided they were going to have him and that's that. They have any amount of money to spend and no cunt is holding onto anyone they fancy. From the player's perspective, I don't see the harm in developing at Liverpool for another year or two at least. As a club, they piss on Man fucking City for the better part of the last 60 years. I mean, who can't get by on 100 grand a week for a bit, no had to have the 200 grand a week. Got to have everything yesterday. I'm rambling, just find it depressing. The kid's 20 ffs, players used to get their big move in their mid 20's once they'd really proven themselves and done something in the game. Now you just need to look canny for a few games here or there and you cost as much as Zidane.

It's just human nature to want to play for the best teams and win trophies no matter what she you are. I would maybe see the point if he was a scouser and Liverpool had brought him through from when he was a lad but they poached him from QPR in the first place

Don't know about right or wrong so much as it's depressing as a fan of any but 2-3 clubs that you have no hope to hold onto any player anymore. I don't even know how much City wanted the player so much as they just decided they were going to have him and that's that. They have any amount of money to spend and no c*** is holding onto anyone they fancy. From the player's perspective, I don't see the harm in developing at Liverpool for another year or two at least. As a club, they p*ss on Man f***ing City for the better part of the last 60 years. I mean, who can't get by on 100 grand a week for a bit, no had to have the 200 grand a week. Got to have everything yesterday. I'm rambling, just find it depressing. The kid's 20 ffs, players used to get their big move in their mid 20's once they'd really proven themselves and done something in the game. Now you just need to look canny for a few games here or there and you cost as much as Zidane.

it happens all over though, we've just took two of anderlechs best players, both 20. apparently.

we pinched cabaye and debuchy. it's just the nature of the beast. players will want to play for bigger clubs and bigger clubs will take the best players.

Don't know about right or wrong so much as it's depressing as a fan of any but 2-3 clubs that you have no hope to hold onto any player anymore. I don't even know how much City wanted the player so much as they just decided they were going to have him and that's that. They have any amount of money to spend and no c*** is holding onto anyone they fancy. From the player's perspective, I don't see the harm in developing at Liverpool for another year or two at least. As a club, they p*ss on Man f***ing City for the better part of the last 60 years. I mean, who can't get by on 100 grand a week for a bit, no had to have the 200 grand a week. Got to have everything yesterday. I'm rambling, just find it depressing. The kid's 20 ffs, players used to get their big move in their mid 20's once they'd really proven themselves and done something in the game. Now you just need to look canny for a few games here or there and you cost as much as Zidane.

It's just human nature to want to play for the best teams and win trophies no matter what she you are. I would maybe see the point if he was a scouser and Liverpool had brought him through from when he was a lad but they poached him from QPR in the first place

I get it and even trying to see the player's perspective, doubling or quadrupling your cash, it's hard to turn down. Just find myself hoping some day a utopian kind of parity exists where a player can actually stay loyal to a club that gave him a chance and stay and develop without being poached for mega money after half a dozen decent performances. I well remember Blackburn getting promoted in 92 and winning the league in 95. Newcastle promoted in 93, finished 3rd the year after and should have won the league 2 years later. Can you imagine any newly promoted club ever challenging for a top 3 anymore? Makes you wonder if it will ever again be like that. Money has decimated competition. Just the way it is now I suppose. There always was "big" teams who won most things but you always had a chance a smaller club could do something. What Forest did in the late 70's or Villa at the start of the 80's, never again.

it happens all over though, we've just took two of anderlechs best players, both 20. apparently.

we pinched cabaye and debuchy. it's just the nature of the beast. players will want to play for bigger clubs and bigger clubs will take the best players.

I know. I'd argue in our case it was a little different in that we valued a player at a certain amount and the selling club decided it was ok, I can't imagine knowing how we are run, that we wouldn't have walked away if they wanted more. Chelsea? The player cost 3m a couple of years ago. Ok 20 million? No, how about 25m? no? ok 30m? No? Ok, 40m. Christ I suspect they'd have gone to 50m if Everton held their nerve. Any player they want at any price, it happens. I dunno, maybe the differences are too subtle to even matter.