Other clubs' transfers

TBG

yeah met his £4.9 million release clause I believe

Wew, pretty low release clause for him. Quite surprised City/Chelsea weren't in for him at that price, they'd still both make a profit for him in a few years.

yeah met his £4.9 million release clause I believe

Wew, pretty low release clause for him. Quite surprised City/Chelsea weren't in for him at that price, they'd still both make a profit for him in a few years.

Good signing that.

Yes he is, but like Sterling i'm not convinced he's worth anywhere near his fee. Having said that i doubt they give a shit and overpaying for quality is better than giving up and getting crap.

That literally doesn't matter though. For a club like Manchester City, the only relevant question is: does this player make them better? In the case of both Sterling and de Bruyne, the answer of course is yes.

Yes he is, but like Sterling i'm not convinced he's worth anywhere near his fee. Having said that i doubt they give a shit and overpaying for quality is better than giving up and getting crap.

That literally doesn't matter though. For a club like Manchester City, the only relevant question is: does this player make them better? In the case of both Sterling and de Bruyne, the answer of course is yes.

:thup:

Yes he is, but like Sterling i'm not convinced he's worth anywhere near his fee. Having said that i doubt they give a s*** and overpaying for quality is better than giving up and getting crap.

Pretty much said that in the second part of the post tbf.

Yes he is, but like Sterling i'm not convinced he's worth anywhere near his fee. Having said that i doubt they give a s*** and overpaying for quality is better than giving up and getting crap.

Pretty much said that in the second part of the post tbf.

Then why say it at all?

Stones and Sterling aren't such good examples of players who should stick around their present club to develop more and further their careers. Although young, both have already made much bigger jumps from smaller clubs with complete success, from Barnsley and QPR respectively. They also have a clear path into Chelsea and City's teams, unlike say Sidwell and Scott Sinclair who only looked squad players at best.

I dunno about QPR and Sterling in particular, but being at a lower level club will usually mean a lower level of coaching. It could also mean potentially disastrous advice, like pressure to bulk up or to convert to another position.

Thiago signs a new contract with Bayern, I suspect this means Guardiola is signing too.

Any of our German watching contingent know how the Bayern fans are with Guardiola?  It's interesting to me, he's won the league twice and will probably do so again but he's done it without a realistic challenger and has failed to regain the CL after that great team won it.

I was sure he'd be leaving at the end of this season myself.

Still on the road back to being at the level he was before the injury he missed the World Cup with. Hope he gets sorted mind as he should be at the level of best midfielder in the world.