Other clubs' transfers

TBG

25 million for Johnny Evans, I can't even fathom the concept of that :lol:

We still are caught up in the Alcácer transfer saga. Rumours of a deal around €30m. Valencia will be f***ed though.

They admitted it was a mistake forgot the decimal point was ment to be 2.5, but was shocked when arsenal didnt say no. apparently they felt so bad they phoned and corrected it  :lol:

Hernandez is somebody we should be looking at. I'm not convinced by him at a PL level but he's a proven goalscorer in the second tier (of two countries), and plays in a manner that is a lot more flexible than somebody like Rhodes or McCormack.

Hernandez is somebody we should be looking at. I'm not convinced by him at a PL level but he's a proven goalscorer in the second tier (of two countries), and plays in a manner that is a lot more flexible than somebody like Rhodes or McCormack.

Couldn't agree more.

Agree regarding Hernandez.

I'm not convinced Armstrong is ready as of yet and I don't think we can rely purely on Gayle all season as that type of forward.

That's not based on Gayle's ability either btw, but more the risk of him being injured.

Unless Villa throw money at Hernandez, I'd say he'd be better off at Hull.

He's guaranteed to start games and will stand out as a top performer, could easily get a bigger and better move in January or stay in the PL with Hull rather than risk dropping down with Villa and not going back up.

I'm still not convinced by Villa, they've looked poor so far.

I just think we need a forward who is both mobile and tall. Someone like Hernandez who is that but also has a good footballing upbringing and experience of playing against shite teams is about as good as it's going to get. If Riviere wasn't absolutely shite he'd be ideal in terms of his build.

I'm extremely apprehensive for players that have been in and around the Championship scoring lots of goals for sides that have invariably struggled with them in. I'm much more impressed by players that score a shitload to fire teams to promotion in one season (Callum Wilson, Andre Gray, Hernandez). The big difference, and its a generalization admittedly, is that those players are pacy, more flexible and more dynamic. The other thing with pace is its an attribute that's likely going to make you at least somewhat effective at the top level too, which could save us quite such an extensive rebuild upon potential promotion.

I'm extremely apprehensive for players that have been in and around the Championship scoring lots of goals for sides that have invariably struggled with them in. I'm much more impressed by players that score a shitload to fire teams to promotion in one season (Callum Wilson, Andre Gray, Hernandez). The big difference, and its a generalization admittedly, is that those players are pacy, more flexible and more dynamic. The other thing with pace is its an attribute that's likely going to make you at least somewhat effective at the top level too, which could save us quite such an extensive rebuild upon potential promotion.

Think that's rather simplistic. Britt Assombalonga will score 20 goals in this league if he can stay fit - doubt Forrest will be right up there (you never know in this division) - generally too crap. That's nothing against the lad. Likewise Afobe wasn't in a fantastic side at Wolves.